Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisiblePassiveAgressive
Sleepy-_-kinoko!
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Tueri honorare saltus
Re: Respecting and Conforming to other Peoples' Morality [Re: Lakefingers]
    #11536024 - 11/27/09 06:52 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Lakefingers said:
Quote:

Silversoul said:
Show me one person who came up with an entire system of morality totally independent of anyone else.

Species III?

:rolleyes:

--------------------

(\___/)
(= ‘.’=)
(”)__(”)
:amanitajar:

Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened.
Happiness never decreases by being shared. - Prince Gautama Siddharta, the founder of Buddhism, 563-483 B.C.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLakefingers
Re: Respecting and Conforming to other Peoples' Morality [Re: PassiveAgressive]
    #11536254 - 11/27/09 08:50 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

:lol:

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
Re: Respecting and Conforming to other Peoples' Morality [Re: Noteworthy]
    #11537846 - 11/27/09 02:47 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Silversoul said:
Show me one person who came up with an entire system of morality totally independent of anyone else.

Jesus. :etjesus:

Quote:

Noteworthy said:
Quote:

Poid said:
Is there any point whatsoever in doing this? Will doing this necessarily increase the quality of your life? :strokebeard:

:sheepie:

dude, if this is about sleeping with underage girls, please just get it into your head

It's not just about that, it's about everything else, too.

Quote:

Noteworthy said:
anyone can take a risk at doing things that society condemns... the reason there is law and punishment is so that people have great reason to not do that.

Why are there stupid ass laws? I wish there wasn't...:jailbait:

Quote:

Noteworthy said:
stop trying to justify your immoral acts. following the law is not directly about living a good life, it is about avoiding having a crap life.

Those acts are not immoral to me. :shrug:

Quote:

Noteworthyl said:
generally, killing other people will result in a bad life because of guilt. if you were a sociopath, then obviously there would be no issue to an individual with killing someone else. except, that they may get caught.

I believe it's alright that murder is illegal, but I think it's bullshit that there are laws which control our sexual behavior.

Quote:

Noteworthy said:
if you think you can get away with your socially condemnedbehavior, go ahead. mostly everoyne on this website takes drugs and avoids getting arrested. but you know, its no the same sleeping with young girls.

I look pretty young myself, so I could just always lie about my age like my dad used to do. :stoned:

Quote:

Noteworthy said:
how will you stop them feeling guilty, letting slip that they slept with you?

I just have to find a cool chick that does not give a fuck. :shrug:

Quote:

Noteworthy said:
anyway if this has nothing to do with sleeping with underage girls then go ahead and develop this thread with some examples

I made this thread in reaction to meatcakeman's "Moral Sanity" thread; I think the concept of "moral sanity" is completely ridiculous, and it implies that there is an objective morality that all people "must" follow.

I make my own rules. :stonedjerk:

Quote:

Icelander said:
Mellow out dude. :lol:

It's all talk. He's still a virgin.

Remember how we used to bs all the time when we were 15?

It's just to get your attention, which he got.

Remember, I'm an old-ass 20 year old man. :methisgood:

BTW, the reason the quality of my posts has become shittier is because I haven't been in school for a while, and am becoming dumber and dumber by the day as a result. :imslow:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Edited by Poid (11/27/09 05:42 PM)

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: Respecting and Conforming to other Peoples' Morality [Re: Poid]
    #11546623 - 11/29/09 12:30 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Poid said:
Quote:

Silversoul said:

Jesus. :etjesus:

"I have come not to abolish the law, but to fulfill it." -- Jesus

I'd say there's nothing in his morality that wasn't in some part inspired by the Jewish and Hellenistic cultures he grew up in.  He may have emphasized certain aspects of it that had been neglected by others, but it was by no means independent of his cultural background.

--------------------

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
Re: Respecting and Conforming to other Peoples' Morality [Re: Silversoul]
    #11548469 - 11/29/09 12:11 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

According to the Bible, he got his morality from "God".

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale