Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineCaliGrower
Certifiable

Loc: Northern Cali
Hanging Bag Questions
    #1098445 - 11/30/02 03:11 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I started 48 PF cakes 3 days ago for use in an outdoor patch that Im starting, using the moe tek outdoor cultivation method. While working on that I have decided to be brave and try another new method as well.  :grin: Im going to try the hanging bag technique that I have read about in several posts over the past year or so, but I cant seem to find a FAQ about this method anywhere. I have been using the Jar/fish tank method for 2 years now with great results, but I am looking forward to trying new things with this great hobby. I assume I use PF cakes and then get a thick long plastic bag. (Translucent or opaque?) I fill the bag with damp straw and add the broken up cakes to the mix. I have no idea if a casing is required or what to use. I then seal the bag with heat. Then just keep the bag hanging in a warm dark place or a cool dark place depending on the stage of growth.

If anyone knows where I can find Info on this tek I would love to know, and if not I would love some knowledgeable advice on the steps that I am unclear about. (Virtually the whole process.  :confused: ) Good Luck to everyone out there and there growing endeavors! 

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
Re: Hanging Bag Questions [Re: CaliGrower]
    #1098525 - 11/30/02 03:58 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Sorry, but I don't know anything about the hanging bag tek, but I do know that poo is cool, why not try that?

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

OfflineCaliGrower
Certifiable

Loc: Northern Cali
Re: Hanging Bag Questions [Re: Skikid16]
    #1098770 - 11/30/02 05:40 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I have done some research on some mushroom growing web sites (Eatable) and found that some farms use a hanging bag method to grow there crops. I am doing a bit more research into this but I also realize that I have made an error. This post should have been made in the advanced cultivation topic forum and I will correct this by posting there. When I discover how this method is done I will post my findings in the correct forum. Also, If I give this the old college try, I will create a grow log to share my findings with everyone.  :tongue: 

Invisiblematts
matts

[Re: CaliGrower]
    #1099029 - 11/30/02 08:11 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds