Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: First time grow log (w/ pics) - Equador - PF Tek [Re: Satori23]
    #10498560 -

they do look a little cramped like mana said but good job :thumbup:


--------------------
"Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of this astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy"

- Carl Sagan

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First time grow log (w/ pics) - Equador - PF Tek [Re: 34120060]
    #10540244 -

Thanks for all your replies, this forum is a BIG help :smile:

I haven't had internet access so couldn't reply until now, but I did manage to read everyones suggestions and made some adjustments based on that.

Well I've got real pins now!! Heres some pics I just took:









I was hoping to trip tonight but it seems like I still have a few days until they are mature.

Interesting how all the cakes pinned on the same day, even though the colonisation times were quite different from cake to cake.

I'll post some more pics when they're ready.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First time grow log (w/ pics) - Equador - PF Tek [Re: thesis]
    #10557455 -

I took some half decent photos, and thought I'd post em up (everyone likes photos!) These were done 2 days ago, so the pins are quite a lot bigger by now.














Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First time grow log (w/ pics) - Equador - PF Tek [Re: thesis]
    #10562942 -

Looks like I get to trip this weekend :thumbup:




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First time grow log (w/ pics) - Equador - PF Tek [Re: thesis]
    #10563083 -

I just picked the first harvest, yippee!! I only picked the ones that are mature, so theres about 2/3 of the mushrooms still on the cakes. I'll give them another day or two.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First time grow log (w/ pics) - Equador - PF Tek [Re: thesis]
    #10590901 -

Update time.

I've been taking mushrooms off as they mature, which is usually between 2-10 fruits a day. I'm definitely happy with the results, considering its my first time.

As of today I've picked 318 grams fresh.

Heres a pic of the FC next to the picked mushrooms at various stages of drying (minus the handful that I already ate). The freshest ones were just in the plastic container for weighing, I won't be drying them like that of course.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First time grow log (w/ pics) - Equador - PF Tek [Re: thesis]
    #10692224 -

Just wanted to add a final post to this grow log.

The larger cakes are now on their second flush, and I'm still taking mushrooms off every day. Someone said earlier 'don't worry you'll be swimming in shrooms soon enough'... they were right, I've got more than enough for my needs. I couldn't be bothered weighing them anymore, after I got to around 500 grams wet. That was weeks ago, so by now I've probably taken 750 grams or more.

I'm mindful of what people have said about my FC being a little crowded - I agree, but at the same time, I'm still getting shrooms out of it. I don't want a larger FC at this stage, as this size is adequate for the amount I want to grow. In the future I'll just keep less cakes in there. This time I got a little over excited and made too many cakes :laugh:

I've tested the shrooms 4 times now and I'm very satisfied with the results!!

Maybe it goes without saying, but I'm really grateful to everyone who has offered their advice here. Thanks!

Well that about wraps up this grow log, I will mark the thread as 'Completed'. Heres some final photos that I took yesterday, showing the cakes at their best.






Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First time grow log (w/ pics) - Equador - PF Tek [Re: thesis]
    #10692644 -

Fucking A buddy, nice work :crazy2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First time grow log (w/ pics) - Equador - PF Tek [Re: Fangaz420]
    #10751557 -

that looks awesome! Im currently growing equadorians in a similar setup, and am hoping to begin picking the first half-dozen or so by the weekend.

Its hard to tell by your images, but roughly how big is the 'average" mushroom that you picked? most of my ~1/2 developed caps look relatively small compared to ones that ive purchased in the past (likely of a different strain).

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First time grow log (w/ pics) - Equador - PF Tek [Re: klondike_bar]
    #10777252 -

On average, my Equadors are around 50mm tall when I pick them.

They are sometimes very small (20mm), but then I'll get a few monsters, say around 80mm. But yeah, the most common size would be around the 50mm mark.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First time grow log (w/ pics) - Equador - PF Tek [Re: thesis]
    #10777417 -

it really depends on how many mushrooms the cake produces, moisture content and ginetics.

overall yeid is a better judge of performance. Since that a cake that only produces a few fruits very well could produce monsters that weigh alot. yet a cake that pins like crazy will most likely produce much smaller mushrooms.

Ive seen akes that were so covered you couldnt the cake, all the mushrooms were very small but the over all yeild was impressive - 80 grams form 1 cake.

I had a cake yeild 60 grams the other day. It produced 1 monster shroom weighing 22 grams and the rest much smaller making up another 40 grams.

Those are some impressive results for such a small fruiting chamber, small fruiting chambers have problems with air getting stagnent quite easily.

If you fan enough, it shouldnt be a problem :-)

and im sure you are based on the impressive flushes


--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First time grow log (w/ pics) - Equador - PF Tek [Re: veda_sticks]
    #10779176 -

Hey, good job man! My first grow I ended up with 60% contamination rate, you aced it.

Next step: bulk substrate!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Mazatapec in standard PF Tek jars? Transender46 3,863 4 04/24/02 10:07 PM
by Egyn
* NEW PF TEK: How to alter the dna of mushrooms!
( 1 2 all )
Jammer 7,439 23 02/19/02 11:56 PM
by Jammer
* PF Tek Yield? AcidMan42069 28,217 7 05/06/09 09:45 PM
by Doc_T
* PF-TEK and Koh Samui WhiteBoy 4,601 5 12/27/01 03:09 PM
by BeppoMarx
* PF Tek Yields fireworks_godS 17,493 14 03/24/02 02:59 AM
by MrJingles
* PF tek BTS 3,122 11 01/01/02 07:10 AM
by Roadkill
* Re: Is the PF Tek Reliable ??? LinkA 2,771 2 06/26/00 09:48 AM
by Anonymous
* Hydro-Pod newbie grow log
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
thedm9 21,992 80 09/26/01 02:14 PM
by CACA

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
7,911 topic views. 19 members, 217 guests and 169 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 17 queries.