Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
22 year old alcoholic dies of liver failure
    #10715118 -

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/health/article6721483.ece



i didnt realize alcohol could kill you that fast.  one more example of how destructive it can be, and yet it is still legal while people sit in jail for marijuana violations. :nonono:

do you think he should have been given a chance for a new liver?


--------------------

:blindfury::fried::psychsplit::vaped:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 22 year old alcoholic dies of liver failure [Re: PurpleKush]
    #10715128 -

Either A. this guy had a bum liver from the get go... or B. this bloke drank every minute of every day.

Livers are tough as balls.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 22 year old alcoholic dies of liver failure [Re: PurpleKush]
    #10715132 -

the planets fucking over populated as it is.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 22 year old alcoholic dies of liver failure [Re: biff]
    #10715148 -

that's one thing I find amazing about marijuana- you can use it all day and likely wont get serious health effects 

that's sad though to die from alcohol at the age of 22 or any age :nonono:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 22 year old alcoholic dies of liver failure [Re: PurpleKush]
    #10715149 -


:crazy2:


--------------------
/ / / / / / / LISTEN TO MY MUSIC: E X E D / / / / / / /
The universe gives no fucks. And takes no fucks.
May His Circuits Ever Function

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 22 year old alcoholic dies of liver failure [Re: biff]
    #10715151 -

biff said:
the planets fucking over populated as it is.



That's how I see it. If someone dies at 22 for drinking too much, I wouldn't want them contributing to the gene pool anyways. Darwinism wins.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 22 year old alcoholic dies of liver failure [Re: RoosterCogburn]
    #10715156 -

"All his friends who were drinking with him are still at home, they are fine"

This guy was doing more than just booze...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 22 year old alcoholic dies of liver failure [Re: skatealex2]
    #10715166 -

skatealex2 said:
that's one thing I find amazing about marijuana- you can use it all day and likely wont get serious health effects 



I'm not inclined to believe that

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 22 year old alcoholic dies of liver failure [Re: PurpleKush]
    #10715176 -

PurpleKush said:
do you think he should have been given a chance for a new liver?



Hell no, he would have just ruined the new one.

This guy was probably drinking a fifth of liquor a day, I'm guessing, and probably prescription shit on top of that, that just owned his liver. Not to mention he started drinking at age 11. Your liver isn't that tough at 11 years old. It's not even fully developed, so cirrhosis can progress very quickly with ongoing abuse.


--------------------
"As a man who has devoted his whole life to the most clear headed science, to the study of matter, I can tell you as a result of my research about atoms this much: There is no matter as such. All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind. This mind is the matrix of all matter."  --Max Planck

Edited by tyler_0_durden (07/21/09 01:13 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 22 year old alcoholic dies of liver failure [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #10715185 -

Prisoner#1 said:
skatealex2 said:
that's one thing I find amazing about marijuana- you can use it all day and likely wont get serious health effects 



I'm not inclined to believe that



I think it would depend on the ROA.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 22 year old alcoholic dies of liver failure [Re: tyler_0_durden]
    #10715193 -

tyler_0_durden said:
PurpleKush said:
do you think he should have been given a chance for a new liver?



Hell no, he would have just ruined the new one.

This guy was probably drinking a fifth of liquor a day, I'm guessing, and probably prescription shit on top of that, that just owned his liver.



Exactly, he probably had tylenol mixed in with there.  The liver is strong, albeit things like alcohol and tylenol or high doses of either, especially tylenol = ownt.


--------------------
 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 22 year old alcoholic dies of liver failure [Re: bbl337]
    #10715202 -

The moron probably used Tylenol for his ever present hangovers... FAIL.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 22 year old alcoholic dies of liver failure [Re: sjacobn]
    #10715207 -

sjacobn said:
Prisoner#1 said:
skatealex2 said:
that's one thing I find amazing about marijuana- you can use it all day and likely wont get serious health effects 



I'm not inclined to believe that



I think it would depend on the ROA.



When I say all day - I don't mean every day - I have my weekends where I might literally blaze all day long if I'm with friends and by the end of the day I may a bit burnt out at the most - but if I/you did that with any other drug- whether it's alcohol or pills you would likely overdose or throw up or get serious problems

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 22 year old alcoholic dies of liver failure [Re: biff]
    #10715317 -

biff said:
the planets fucking over populated as it is.



bad logic.

if thats so, why aren't you stepping up to the plate?
people that claim that we should allow a single soul to die for the greater good of man kind because the earth is supposdely "overpopulated" should be the one's first in line to decrease its population! if you would be willing to let a fellow man die to cut down on the population, and not willing to kill your ownself for that cause. well youre an ignorant douche.

seriously....how would you feel if you were dying and needed a liver transplant...but OOOPS the world is "too overpopulated" right now. bunk arguement.

letting one person die isn't going to even have the slightest effect in the way of population control.


--------------------
:bobmarley:
"woah, that cat was really buggin out man, you should have put on some grateful dead so he could relax and enjoi his trip" -random shroomerite

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 22 year old alcoholic dies of liver failure [Re: The_Ghost]
    #10715323 -

That bottom liver looks waaaay tastier.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 22 year old alcoholic dies of liver failure [Re: Solemente]
    #10715364 -

Solemente said:
biff said:
the planets fucking over populated as it is.



That's how I see it. If someone dies at 22 for drinking too much, I wouldn't want them contributing to the gene pool anyways. Darwinism wins.



I have nothing to add.


--------------------
All posts by this user are not to be taken seriously.
Seriously.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 22 year old alcoholic dies of liver failure [Re: Brugman]
    #10715441 -

Brugman said:
That bottom liver looks waaaay tastier.



Jon Dore ftw. :vaped:


--------------------

Song of the week, click Huey:



Song of the week list in journal.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 22 year old alcoholic dies of liver failure [Re: PurpleKush]
    #10715453 -

I had a friend that almost died when he was 20 from liver failure.
It was his own dumb ass fault for chugging bottles of vodka every night
luckily he went to the hospital before he died, the doctor told him if he kept drinking he would die very soon
he stopped, at least enough to live, moved to hawaii and got hooked on smack.
now he's off the smack and alcohol apparently


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 22 year old alcoholic dies of liver failure [Re: k4ge]
    #10715457 -

hey. you cant save everybody. especially from themselves. i feel bad for the guy but if hes drinking that much to die from liver failure at 22 then thats his choice. im sure he had symptoms of liver problems before hand and PROBABLY was not listening to his doctors advice. and if he had a pre existing condition AND still continued to drink, still his choice. of corse if he had a "bum liver from the get go" its a different story.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: 22 year old alcoholic dies of liver failure [Re: biff]
    #10715555 -

Wow, what color would you use to describe his face?? Chartreuse?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* why I don't like alcohol
( 1 2 3 all )
ShroomismM 7,559 49 04/23/05 12:48 PM
by TODAY
* Alcoholic??? Serious inquries only please
( 1 2 3 4 all )
crazyman 12,840 71 03/13/18 03:16 PM
by ReposadoXochipilli
* different ways your body reacts to alcohol In(di)go 1,284 11 04/12/05 10:59 AM
by Krishna
* A Teahouse Interview with In(di)go in Germany World Spirit 3,399 13 04/12/05 08:08 AM
by In(di)go
* alcohol thegatewaydrug 1,538 17 09/19/05 02:22 PM
by thegatewaydrug
* Why can't Japanese people handle alcohol...?
( 1 2 3 all )
sakura 13,276 47 03/21/04 07:38 AM
by nicechrisman
* I don't like alcohol
( 1 2 all )
ShroomismM 7,230 38 02/19/04 01:55 AM
by Frog
* help an alcoholic.......please scotsman1 857 11 09/10/05 04:59 AM
by Slavesoul

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,162 topic views. 3 members, 20 guests and 175 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 18 queries.