Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
A Teahouse Interview with In(di)go in Germany
    #4019299 - 04/05/05 09:32 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Setting of interview: In(di)go and Enter meet up at a local coffee and tea house in Germany. In(di)go walks into the tea house alone and sees Enter already seated at a table waiting. As In(di) approaches the table, Enter stands and they greet one another with a very formal "namaste" greeting and respectful bow....

Enter: Please - have a seat. The tea will be here momentarily.
In(di)go:

Enter: How you holding up these days, friend?
In(di)go:

Enter: Let's do the background check with you. Tell us about yourself, your age, your education and occupation(s), where you've been, what your life has been about, how the whole series of events in your life made you who you are at the present moment.
In(di)go:

Enter: What is Germany like for a longterm citizen? I'll take all the details you can offer.
In(di)go:

Enter: So you've been around the world a bit. Have you ever gone on a vision quest or some type of entheogenic gathering in another nation (for instance an ayahuasca session in South America)?
In(di)go:

Enter: The last time you experienced an entheogen was....
In(di)go:

Enter: What happened on your last entheogenic experience?
In(di)go:

Enter: You have three seconds to think of a clean joke that is guaranteed to make me smile....Go.
In(di)go:

Enter: Have you ever fallen victim to a bad case of food poisoning? What happened?
In(di)go:

Enter: The best art in the world today can be found in....
In(di)go:

Enter: If there were two things that could make you smile in the next 365 days of your life it would be...
In(di)go:

Enter: Have you ever had an acupuncture session? Any notes/comments/honorable mentions?
In(di)go:

Enter: Tell us about your parents. What are they like and how have their lives affected you to this day?
In(di)go:

Enter: Approximately how many miles would you have to fly/drive to see Anno in Austria? Has he ever invited you btw? I hear he's got quite the temper.  :smile:
In(di)go:

Enter: If the world would listen to you for one minute and hear your admonishments for our future, they would hear about...
In(di)go:

Enter: What do you think of the United States overall?
In(di)go:

Enter: Is it true that German beer is better than all the rest?
In(di)go:

Enter: Do you have a garden of ethnobotanical value? If so I insist on at least one photo.
In(di)go:

Enter: What are your thoughts on the future of the European Union? Good, bad, ugly, what?
In(di)go:

Enter: Love is most contageous when it's...
In(di)go:

Enter: Thank you!    :sun:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
Re: A Teahouse Interview with In(di)go in Germany [Re: World Spirit]
    #4019643 - 04/05/05 11:03 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Enter said:

Setting of interview: In(di)go and Enter meet up at a local coffee and tea house in Germany. In(di)go walks into the tea house alone and sees Enter already seated at a table waiting. As In(di) approaches the table, Enter stands and they greet one another with a very formal "namaste" greeting and respectful bow....

Enter: Please - have a seat. The tea will be here momentarily.
In(di)go: namast?, my brother... glad you could make it all the way to my little neck of the woods... i know spring is starting, but after the first sunny days we've had some rain lately so it's a shame you got such bad weather now that you came... but the plants need their water so it's all good... besides this weather makes a warm cup of chai tea even more enjoyable...

Enter: How you holding up these days, friend?
In(di)go: i've been doing pretty good lately, to be honest... still working on some issues, as i think all of us are, but all in all i can't complain... last year was pretty tough, but this one is looking out to be quite amazing... fell deeply in love with a female friend of mine who is in ecuador (the internet is quite an amazing tool hehehe)... i had known her for a while before i moved to germany, but it wasn't until recently that we discovered how much we have in common and how our ways have evolved to bring us to this juncture where getting together just had to happen... so i'm going down to ecuador on vacation at the end of the month... and the best thing: she is coming to germany to study in august...
other than that i have been busy with my band finishing our first EP (6 tracks) but we haven't had the best of luck since the computer we are mixing everything up just broke down so we have to wait til' it's fixed to continue... but it will happen in due time...
another thing that has been on my mind is exams... between other things one of the reasons i still haven't started to study although i came to germany in '99 with that purpose is that my school degree is worth shit over here... even though you will never find a german school graduate who speaks 3 languages fluently... but well that is some shit you can't argue with so i have to take exams in order to study... i have english on thursday (which should be a piece of cake)... german literature on friday which could be a little hard and spanish on monday (i will prolly finish that in half an hour hehehehe)... and i have another exam in june (history) but i still have time time for that... will prolly start learning for it once i return from my well earned vacation...

Enter: Let's do the background check with you. Tell us about yourself, your age, your education and occupation(s), where you've been, what your life has been about, how the whole series of events in your life made you who you are at the present moment.
In(di)go: well i am 23 years old... i was born in the netherlands in 1981 from a german father and a dutch mom... but i have never spent more than 3 months at a time in that country (which is a shame, actually since i would love to have dutch as a 4th language)... well once i was out of the hospital (i was 1 month early and had some complcations during birth) we all moved to germany... so it was my dad, my mom, my older brother (who is in berlin now) and me... we were here for 4 years until my dad got into another project overseas (he used to work for a company who helps development in 3rd world countries... my parents spent 6 years in africa before i was born)... well as you might have guessed this time we went to ecuador...
as much as i loved the country from the beginning even as a little child, we all had a prize to pay... my mom hated it.. so that is where the relationship between my parents started to crumble and by the time i hit 6 they were getting a divorce (which left some deep scars i am still working on today)... my brother came back to germany with my mom and i stayed in ecuador with my dad... in 3rd grade my dad got into another project in peru so we moved there... by that time he had already met a new woman which would later become my step-mom... we spent a total of 2 years in peru which was an amazing time, it's a country everyone should see, especially the inca ruins... well somewhere in that time my brother decided to join us and after those 2 years we all moved back to ecuador... once there things started to get a little smoother... my dad and my step-mom had 2 more children (twins) and i went back to my old school... it's a german school which gave me the best education i could have wished for, although i still don't understand why the degree doesn't count here especially being a german school... the school years were prolly the best years of my life everything seemed so easy and i was really great at everything graduating as the 3rd best in my class... i also got into music while in school and started playing the drums in 1997...
i finished school in january '99 and that's the time i started to get interested in mind-expanding substances... i started smoking pot and it opened my eyes in a lot of ways... i started seeing the world as i had never seen it before... although i admit i overdid it in that time, but hey! i had nothing to do hehehe..
in september that year my older brother and me moved to germany to my mom with the idea to start studying, but no career seemed to fit... i had already worked as a projectionist in a cinema in ecuador so i started applying for the same kinda job when i got here... and lucky enough i got a job at a local movie theatre... since i still had no clue what to do with my life i was pretty happy when my boss quit and they offered me a job as a head technician... i was 19 years old and that was quite a position to have at that age... and it was a whole lotta money which allowed me to buy a new drumset and start a band... and it especially gave me the time to indulge into mushrooms... which basically got me even more centered on my spiritual path... i was discovering things about the universe everyday, it was an amazing time... i took my first hit of lsd along that time, too and well... if you have tried it you know what i felt... tripping for 10 hours straight with the right people in the right environment... it's just sweet
sadly my drug "career" was ruined by dxm in 2001... i had a psychotic episode on which i was lost for 2 whole weeks full of fear, panic attacks and depression... after that i haven't really been able to enjoy any drug... it even took me some time to be able to handle alcohol without getting afraid... but that gives me some hope i might someday be able to smoke that sweet chiba again and not remember that horror trip... and i am especially hopeful about consuming mushrooms again...
well in 2003 i had to give up my job as the head technician in the cinema (although i still work there part-time as a regular projectionist) because i had to do my social service... that's a 10 month service everyone who doesn't want to join the military over here has to do... and i had a blast... it was less money, but i had no responsabilities whatsoever... i was at a kind of play-farm for childern and all i had to do is feed the sheep, bunnies, cats, chickens and other animals they had... and well do some handy-work here and there like fixing fences and building cages... it was amazing! after that (in 2004) i was basically unemployed... i wanted to study, but i was rejected at acting school because of lack of experience... and my degree wasn't accepted for any of the other stuff i was interested so time went by until i finally found out i can take the exams i told you about... if everything turns out well i'll be moving to cologne in august and start studying multilingual communication...

Enter: What is Germany like for a longterm citizen? I'll take all the details you can offer.
In(di)go: well... for a longterm citizen i have to be honest i would not recommend this place... i had a serious depression for the first 4 months i spent here... the people are really really cold and self-centered... everyone has his own little world and does his own little thing and they are pretty unhappy considering what they have... in ecuador you see children on the street with nothing to eat and they are actually dancing and laughing their asses off... and over here people have everything they need and still complain... of course not everybody is like that, but it takes some time to find the right people over here... and once you find them it takes some time for them to open up... once you do you realize it's not that bad there are marvelous people all across the planet, but getting there is a bit tricky... i love the social security over here it simply works... everyone has insurance and everyone has financial stability... but the education sucks... so once i settle down with a family and decide to have children i'll certainly move away... now don't get me wrong this is a beautiful country... it just isn't my first choice...

Enter: So you've been around the world a bit. Have you ever gone on a vision quest or some type of entheogenic gathering in another nation (for instance an ayahuasca session in South America)?
In(di)go: sadly, no... i never came across ayahuasca... and i'm not too sure i would have taken it knowing how potent that drug is... my brother had a mescaline trip on san pedro which was pretty amazing... the only thing in that direction i experienced down there is mushroom huntint in the hills around quito... you put your hat on, and just run around the fields with your little basket picking up DOZENZ of small glowing golden ecuador cubensis... then you eat some of them and run down to the stream to listen to the water flow and the magic begins... beautiful...
oh! and i had a session with a shaman in ecuador... although we didn't take drugs, the meditation alone was mindblowing... he took me places i never even thought about going, especially not without the use of drugs...

Enter: The last time you experienced an entheogen was....
In(di)go: that would be mushrooms in august 2001... the last mushroom trip i had and this was after my dxm nightmare...

Enter: What happened on your last entheogenic experience?
In(di)go:  i had a bad feeling with me during the whole trip so i wasn't able to enjoy it the way it was meant to be... which is a sad thing especially since i should have savoured the last mushroom trip i would have in a long time... i did have an awesome experience during that trip, though... we tripped in an empty house which belonged to my friends grandma... she had moved and the house was basically empty with the exception of some furniture and some paintings... and there was this one framed script on the wall in an empty room which said "when you raise your sails to god your ship will never sink"... and that phrase just rang through my whole body... it was a really deep experience i like to recall whenever i feel down and helpless...

Enter: You have three seconds to think of a clean joke that is guaranteed to make me smile....Go.
In(di)go: hmmm a clean joke... i can think of 2, but you prolly already know one of them... the pirate joke in mushroomsally's signature... if you don't know it, look it up hehehe...
oh and the one i will tell you goes like this:

a naked man is standing in front of an elephant... what does the elephant think? .... "how in god's name does he get the food into his mouth?"

Enter: Have you ever fallen victim to a bad case of food poisoning? What happened?
In(di)go: hmmm actually no... i am one of the beings lucky enough to have been spared of such an experience... when you live in ecuador your stomach gets used to all sorts of stuff... i can eat all i want my stomach will take it...

Enter: The best art in the world today can be found in....
In(di)go: nature... god is by far the most inspiring artist there is :biggrin:
and if you mean human art i would have to say inside every single one of us... it's longing to get out, we just have to let it...

Enter: If there were two things that could make you smile in the next 365 days of your life it would be...
In(di)go: heh... that's a good one... one thing would be thinking about the beautiful girl that is waiting for me in ecuador and that will come to germany pretty soon and we well start spending our lives together... and the other thing would be my family... i have been blessed with such great parents and siblings i can't even begin to be thankful enough for them...

Enter: Have you ever had an acupuncture session? Any notes/comments/honorable mentions?
In(di)go: sadly, no... but i have had all kinds of different alternative treatmens throughout my life... my mom is a reiki master, which is a for of healing with energy... you focus energy into your hands and project it into the patient's body and aura cleansing them of illness... i've also had a few treatments with kinesiology which basically looks for answers in your own body... the body cells know the answer to everything and with kinesiology you can ask them all sorts of questions... ranging from "why does my tummy hurt" to "why am i depressed"

Enter: Tell us about your parents. What are they like and how have their lives affected you to this day?
In(di)go: as i said i have been more than blessed with my parents... my step-mom was the best replacement for my mom i could have wished for... she loved me like i was her own son and was always there for me... and i couldnt have asked for a better dad... he showed me so much about life and it's tricks and traps... he is 60 years old now and still kicking working 10 hours a day... a third thing that would make me smile is seeing that all his effort has finally payed off and he can afford a peaceful retirement and enjoy what is left of his life... and my mom... i can't even express how i feel about my mom... she has taught me almost everything i know about god... every step i took on my spiritual path was either inspired or accompanied by her... she is one of the wisest persons on this planet and the mere knowledge that i can go to talk to her when there is something bothering me, whatever that may be, just makes me happy...

Enter: Approximately how many miles would you have to fly/drive to see Anno in Austria? Has he ever invited you btw? I hear he's got quite the temper.  :smile:
In(di)go: that's actually a sad thing... there are quite a few shroomerites in europe and i haven't gotten to meet any of them... if anno doesn't come to the EU gathering in august i will definitely seek him out in austria... he's a great fellow... it isn't even that far, either... just about 600 or 700 kilometers (whatever that is in miles, i think about 350 miles)...

Enter: If the world would listen to you for one minute and hear your admonishments for our future, they would hear about...
In(di)go: love yourselves, love each other and above all love this planet because we are all part of it and part of each other... if we continue raping our home like this we will end up with nothing... time is running out so open your eyes because it is not yet too late... we can make paradise out of earth if we want to... and if we work together...

Enter: What do you think of the United States overall?
In(di)go: i think the united states is a great country and it is a shame you suffer under such a lousy government...

Enter: Is it true that German beer is better than all the rest?
In(di)go: oh yes!!! i didn't even drink beer until i moved to germany and now i absolutely love it... we have so many varieties, and they are all so blessed good... i really love german beer and wouldn't trade it for the world... oooooh a nice hefe-weizen right now... yummy!

Enter: Do you have a garden of ethnobotanical value? If so I insist on at least one photo.
In(di)go: sadly i must disappoint you once again... i live in a 2-room appartment with no balcony or garden... maybe someday when i settle down i will start growing things in the backyard... but until then, especially since i still have quite a lot of moving to do it will have to wait... once i get that garden going i will definitely provide pictures, that's for sure...

Enter: What are your thoughts on the future of the European Union? Good, bad, ugly, what?
In(di)go: i think it's great and it was about time... it is unbelievable how it has opened the gates for everything... travel, commerce, cultural exchange, etc... i just hope it continues going in the right direction... i am all for unification, as long as it is about fairness, open-mindedness and sharing...

Enter: Love is most contageous when it's...
In(di)go: shared openly... so go out and spread the love until we are all loving little beings on this our planet earth...

Enter: Thank you!    :sun:
In(di)go: oh no, thank you... it has been more than a pleasure...    :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
Re: A Teahouse Interview with In(di)go in Germany [Re: In(di)go]
    #4019682 - 04/05/05 11:13 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

5-star interview! :thumbup:

Thanks guys.

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: omotive
Re: A Teahouse Interview with In(di)go in Germany [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #4020035 - 04/06/05 01:03 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Very interesting, you've had an interesting life so far indigo..

--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

InvisibleJettaJay
PsychedelicStranger
 User Gallery

Re: A Teahouse Interview with In(di)go in Germany [Re: Fliquid]
    #4020069 - 04/06/05 01:15 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Holy shit That was an amazing interview !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
I saw a little green light buzzing around in a tree, and it dawned on me that "they" were here
~~~LouiseLouise

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Re: A Teahouse Interview with In(di)go in Germany [Re: Fliquid]
    #4020578 - 04/06/05 06:58 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

thanks, you guys!  :laugh:

--------------------

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #4020849 - 04/06/05 09:07 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Always good to wake up to a new interview. Really interesting In(di)go!

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineoDin
    #4021908 - 04/06/05 02:25 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

<3

OfflineGillette
Jaded
 User Gallery

Re: A Teahouse Interview with In(di)go in Germany [Re: oDin]
    #4022144 - 04/06/05 03:39 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

wikid, as always <3

--------------------
~Earth is the Insane Asylum of the Universe~

A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4031492 - 04/08/05 03:53 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Good interview :heart: :sun:

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: A Teahouse Interview with In(di)go in Germany [Re: World Spirit]
    #4031534 - 04/08/05 04:05 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

i like.

:heart:

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

InvisibleScratcher
Stranger

Loc: eH
    #4031698 - 04/08/05 04:39 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

:thumbup:

I miss you Ingo.  I'll send ya an e-mail sometime soon to catch up.

Invisiblesucklesworth
Lick me where Ipee
Loc: If I was up yer ass you'd...
    #4044718 - 04/12/05 07:56 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Re: A Teahouse Interview with In(di)go in Germany [Re: Scratcher]
    #4044734 - 04/12/05 08:08 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

maaan kory! it's been a long ass time!

good to know you're still around... i miss you, too... we have to catch up on a lot of stuff man... life has brought a lot of surprises lately... some good, some not so... but all in all i'm pretty well and i hope you are, too...

and sucky: that pic cracks me up EVERY TIME...

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds