Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinescotsman1
addict
 User Gallery

Loc: guess
help an alcoholic.......please
    #4637192 - 09/09/05 10:40 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

My bro and me go back 25 years and close aint the word for it, but recently he's been having a hard time controling his urge to drink and now the worsts happened and he's locked up in jail.

I went to visit him yesterday and i'm going tonight and man it nearly brought a tear to my eye seeing him locked up in Glasgows infamous Bar-L Prison.
Booze is his downfall , he just turns to a complete and utter asshole when drunk but anyone who's had problems knows you just dont stop overnight.

I told him he'll be in prison or dead if he dont quit so all help needed, any reason accepted.

I was thinking maybe if a few of you could tell him one good reason why not drinking is better than drinking, eg you dont end up in jail from drink related offences it may just be enough and if i get enough resposnes i'll remove our site name from this post and print it and send it to him.

When your close to someone and care for them you'll try anything to try and help so all who reply will be greatly appreciated, i thank you all.

Reasons why Drinking wont do you any good bro.

1. You wont end up back in that hellhole if you quit, get treatment and between us we'll turn your life around, it's never to late.

--------------------
We're Bought and Sold
For English Gold

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleAdden
David Reishi Fan Club
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Amongst the Dunes
Re: help an alcoholic.......please [Re: scotsman1]
    #4637204 - 09/09/05 10:49 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

My brother blew his brains out with no rhyme or reason; an irrational decision lacking judgment that has left a lot of empty spaces in a lot of peoples' hearts (family, paramedics, firefighters, friends, girlfriend). His BAC was high enough to get four people arrested for DWI in my state.

InvisibleAdden
David Reishi Fan Club
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Amongst the Dunes
    #4637248 - 09/09/05 11:23 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I'd also like to add.

I have two other alcoholics in my family.

My blood uncle and a married in uncle.

My blood uncle has succeeded in ripping my family to shreds and causing constant disputes and rifts in what little family we have. He is constantly drunk. Glazed eyes, beer in hand, nothing ever pleases him but a bottle.

My married in uncle has alienated my aunt and my cousin from us. Most of his paychecks go to cigarettes and booze. I couldn't tell you a single time he bought his SON a toy, brought him to the park, thrown a baseball around, anything. My cousin has no father figure whatsoever, unless you want to count lying on the couch screaming at him and my aunt to bring him another.

I'd kill these fuckers if it didn't land me in jail (or the needle).

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
 User Gallery
    #4637324 - 09/09/05 11:56 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

My great uncle passed away a few months back due to Cirrhosis of the liver. The cause was many years of alcohol abuse. It eventually will catch up with you one way or another; can only run from the inevitable for so long. He was a very good man, god rest his soul. :heart:

I myself have a small problem with alcohol. The key is to keep it under control as much as possible. Try to keep yourself busy with other things. It is rough but no addiction is impossible to beat, it all boils down to how bad you want to.

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery Arcade Champion: BMX Tricks
Re: help an alcoholic.......please [Re: Adden]
    #4637329 - 09/09/05 11:58 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I have dealt with a fair share of alchoholics, and what i have come to find is that everyone aroudn them agrees that they have a drinking problem, yet continues to party with them, or just kind of look the other way.
Then maybe a few people get the balls to call them out on it and maybe even try to help, and the person just reverts to putting whiskey in a coffee cup after brewing a pot of coffee, trying to act like they are drinking coffee and not whiskey.....
i think people should go the other way with drinking, instead of trying to get them to stop, just night after night, take them out and get them as drunk as possible, maybe even a little alcohol poisoning, make sure they get wasted on shitty stuff like aristocrat, that hard core rot gut so the hangover is worse than having ebola the next day.

InvisibleBoom
Supervisor
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Cypress Creek
Re: help an alcoholic.......please [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #4637341 - 09/09/05 12:01 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Nah then they'll just drink when they wake up

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
 User Gallery
Re: help an alcoholic.......please [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #4637355 - 09/09/05 12:05 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

Some people rarely if ever get hangovers. If they do it only lasts a day or two at most. They will appreciate your kind gesture of taking them out and getting them wasted to the point of alcohol poisoning.

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

InvisibleLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ny/europe/other
    #4637361 - 09/09/05 12:08 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

My grandmother was an alcoholic. Then she killed herself. But we have a lot of that type of shit in my family, it's fucked up.

I hope you can help your bro out man. Best wishes. :heartpump:

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

InvisibleLe_Canard
Danger Man
 User Gallery

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #4637502 - 09/09/05 12:56 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

There's plenty of help out there, I'm sure. The bad news is that your brother won't stop until he's ready to stop. Perhaps being put in jail might make him think about it........

Invisiblethegatewaydrug
my burning sunwill some dayrise

Loc: wherever i may roam
    #4637545 - 09/09/05 01:10 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

take it from me (an alky) the more u try to tell them to quit the more he probly goin drink. everytime u see him drinking, just say somethin easy like "man u know how fucked ur liver must be" then kinda laugh a lil so it doenst seem like ur pressuring him with it so he can stop drinking. the only way to get an alcoholic to stop drinking is for them to 1. want to stop drinking (the mental part) and 2. never drink (the physical part), i found out from quiting a couple times that i cant do it in moderation, once i have one drink i figure ah wth one more wont hurt, then before i know it im falling down asking one of my friends to drive me home:crazy: now i dont know his situation, he may be just fine and can drink in moderation, im just saying thats how i am:grin:

--------------------
May God have mercy upon my enemies, because i won't.

General George S. Patton
:paranoid:

Offlinescotsman1
addict
 User Gallery

Loc: guess
Re: help an alcoholic.......please [Re: thegatewaydrug]
    #4640824 - 09/10/05 04:43 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

It's ben printed and posted 20 mins ago so i take time to thank all who wrote.

thankyou

--------------------
We're Bought and Sold
For English Gold

InvisibleSlavesoul
Stranger

#4641017 - 09/10/05 06:59 AM (11 years, 2 months ago)

I think being in prison or dead is reason enough to get motivated to quit...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub