Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
jar temps please help
    #1069311 -

I've been thinking for a while now on where in my house I can stash my innoculated jars while I wait for them to grow. Today I built a little shelf in a cubourd above my refridgerator I know this will have temps varying at different times of day but I'm pretty sure they won't exceed 90 degrees. Will the varying heats hurt the mycelium or trick it into pinning at a very early colonization period?

Can anyone suggest a place in a home where the heat would be a few degrees higher than average?

I guess I should explain, my roomate who pays most the bills or at least pays the bills most the time figures we have to keep heat down cause "have you seen the prices of natural gas" so I'm not one to rock the boat and would rather find a spot already existing in my house.

I have an old space heater I bought but it's got no timer, doesn't shut down at a certain heat, and can't keep a constant temp that and it stink, makes an awful sound, and uses more power than all my other appliences.

Edited by user_exists (11/20/02 10:15 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: jar temps please help [Re: user_exists]
    #1069318 -

>Will the varying heats hurt the mycelium or trick it into pinning at a very early colonization period?
no.
>I'm pretty sure they won't exceed 90 degrees.
buy a weather temperature sensor
>Can anyone suggest a place in a home where the heat would be a few degrees higher than average?
The fridge is good.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: jar temps please help [Re: user_exists]
    #1069324 -

That spot sounds OK. If you have time, I'd put a thermometer up there beforehand to get an idea of what temps you can expect. Just keep them in the dark and at about 85 degrees and you should have no problem. 90 degrees won't harm anything, it'll just slow down colonization some. Above 104 and you're toast.
Are you on a shoestring budget or trying to do a stealth grow? If the answer to both is no, you can make an excellent incubator using a couple of rubbermaid tubs and a submersible fish tank heater, for about $30 total.





--------------------


The above statements are just the incoherent babblings of your friendly neighborhood Cracker!

Shur drinkin kils brane sells--but only the week ones!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: jar temps please help [Re: Fred Garvin]
    #1069353 -

o.k. I heard about those but until now assumed were expensive but I think I can manage $30. I'll look into that thanks again Fred. My grow isn't so much stealth from my roommate as it is with people he brings over and I have over.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: jar temps please help [Re: user_exists]
    #1069360 -

I bought my fish tank heater for $7 at walmart. It keeps my incubator at about 80 degrees. I suppose that is not bad since my house is 65-70. (don't want to pay for heat)lol :grin:


--------------------
"Man was born free and is every where in chains."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: jar temps please help [Re: user_exists]
    #1069370 -

Post deleted by administrator.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: jar temps please help [Re: user_exists]
    #1069373 -

It will not hurt to be in varying temps , but it is best to maintain a constant temp . Slower growth will occur when you cant stay in 82 - 86*F range .


--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Jar temp. Q Shecky 1,188 6 06/07/01 04:03 PM
by geokills
* Jar temps and Terrarium info sixpac440 1,128 4 01/23/02 09:55 AM
by WakingUpLate
* Keeping Colonizing Jars Warm Nitsuj80 2,800 4 11/22/01 03:04 PM
by doomsday
* Re: Sealing Jar w/o holes? Kast 3,111 12 03/22/01 09:55 AM
by Anonymous
* Re: Canning Jar Temp Anonymous 775 1 12/04/99 02:01 AM
by Anonymous
* theory for initiating pinning by introducing bowl of water to fruiting chamber (for cooler temps) poopbutter 684 12 04/05/18 03:00 PM
by bodhisatta
* How picky with temps?... Northernsoul 1,495 2 01/22/02 01:31 AM
by Joshua
* Re: The Perfect Colonization Temp.? snarf 3,129 4 07/28/00 05:25 PM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
759 topic views. 10 members, 264 guests and 128 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 14 queries.