Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
Re: The American Dream Doesnt Exist [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #10226668 -

MushroomTrip said:
Jack Albertson said:
whatever needs to be done. take darfur for example, people used the media big time expose atrocities and the person that's done the most is george clooney? wtf? Before that it was rwanda and whatever other countries were in turmoil. Nothing changes other than the headlines. At least back in the day we had our own issues here and people focused on that. Now we hear about our problems, and the rest of the world's problems, and do nothing about any of them.



I don't know why "people don't do something", but personally I choose to enjoy my own life with the people I love, and learn my own stuff. I can't say I feel completely ok with the fact that other people have it bad, but this doesn't crate a discomfort at a personal level. Different people with different lucks and different aptitudes to make what they want of their lives. :shrug:



That's ok, but why shove all of the problems in our faces? Once youre aware of something it's hard to ignore it. I think it's kind of weird to have this obsession with policing the world but only when it's politically beneficial.


--------------------
Man is timid and apologetic; he is no longer upright; he dares not say "I think," "I am," but quotes some saint or sage. He is ashamed before the blade of grass or the blowing rose.Man postpones or remembers; he does not live in the present, but with reverted eye laments the past, or, heedless of the riches that surround him, stands on tiptoe to foresee the future. He cannot be happy and strong until he too lives with nature in the present, above time
TRANSCEND


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The American Dream Doesnt Exist [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #10226684 -

MushroomTrip said:
Freedom is just a state of mind, so I don't know what you're trying to say with this statement. There will always be certain limitations imposed by reality, but this doesn't mean that one isn't free.



it's ok when it's imposed by reality, but not when it's a pseudo reality.


--------------------
Man is timid and apologetic; he is no longer upright; he dares not say "I think," "I am," but quotes some saint or sage. He is ashamed before the blade of grass or the blowing rose.Man postpones or remembers; he does not live in the present, but with reverted eye laments the past, or, heedless of the riches that surround him, stands on tiptoe to foresee the future. He cannot be happy and strong until he too lives with nature in the present, above time
TRANSCEND


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The American Dream Doesnt Exist [Re: Jack Albertson]
    #10226695 -

Quote:
That's ok, but why shove all of the problems in our faces?



Who's showing problems in whose face now?

Quote:
Once youre aware of something it's hard to ignore it.



Nobody was mentioning ignoring, but rather accepting the way things go.

Quote:
I think it's kind of weird to have this obsession with policing the world but only when it's politically beneficial.



I have no idea what you mean with this statement, can you rephrase it?


--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The American Dream Doesnt Exist [Re: Jack Albertson]
    #10226699 -

Jack Albertson said:
it's ok when it's imposed by reality, but not when it's a pseudo reality.



Pseudo-reality? It's the first time I hear this term, what does it mean?


--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The American Dream Doesnt Exist [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #10226743 -

false reality? a reality created by humans. And by shoving it in our faces i mean reporting on all of these stories, constantly running and rerunning news on murders and what not. Every newspaper Every news station. I was watching this thing on nat geo about gitmo, and the guy that was in charge of giving newspapers to the prisoners was muslim also. He would take a black marker and edit images and certain stories out of the newspaper. I sat and thought about the impact that it would have on the reader. What impact do you think it would have on us if we just didnt know about what happens?


--------------------
Man is timid and apologetic; he is no longer upright; he dares not say "I think," "I am," but quotes some saint or sage. He is ashamed before the blade of grass or the blowing rose.Man postpones or remembers; he does not live in the present, but with reverted eye laments the past, or, heedless of the riches that surround him, stands on tiptoe to foresee the future. He cannot be happy and strong until he too lives with nature in the present, above time
TRANSCEND


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The American Dream Doesnt Exist [Re: Jack Albertson]
    #10226857 -

Quote:
false reality? a reality created by humans.



Hold on a minute. People ARE part of reality, what makes you think that somehow, by some unknown process, their actions become not real?

Quote:
And by shoving it in our faces i mean reporting on all of these stories, constantly running and rerunning news on murders and what not.



What bothers you about these stories? And if it bothers you, why do you still watch TV?
But yeah, TV stations are just doing their jobs and finding stories that are most wanted by their audience, because this is how they get payed.
If people want to find out murders, then they look for this particular kind of information and give it to the public. Also, news are not only about murders, but also about politics, arts, scientific discoveries, people stories, etc.

Quote:
What impact do you think it would have on us if we just didnt know about what happens?



We don't know what happens. Most of this daily Earth's stories, most of what happens to people, the true reason behind some people's claims... we don't know almost anything.


--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The American Dream Doesnt Exist [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #10226910 -

MushroomTrip said:
Quote:
false reality? a reality created by humans.



Hold on a minute. People ARE part of reality, what makes you think that somehow, by some unknown process, their actions become not real?

Quote:
And by shoving it in our faces i mean reporting on all of these stories, constantly running and rerunning news on murders and what not.



What bothers you about these stories? And if it bothers you, why do you still watch TV?
But yeah, TV stations are just doing their jobs and finding stories that are most wanted by their audience, because this is how they get payed.
If people want to find out murders, then they look for this particular kind of information and give it to the public. Also, news are not only about murders, but also about politics, arts, scientific discoveries, people stories, etc.

Quote:
What impact do you think it would have on us if we just didnt know about what happens?



We don't know what happens. Most of this daily Earth's stories, most of what happens to people, the true reason behind some people's claims... we don't know almost anything.



Say our reality(american) as we know it has been created by our government. Anything that does happen inside said reality wouldnt be "real" it would be false as the reality is false. I dont watch a shitload of pointless tv.


--------------------
Man is timid and apologetic; he is no longer upright; he dares not say "I think," "I am," but quotes some saint or sage. He is ashamed before the blade of grass or the blowing rose.Man postpones or remembers; he does not live in the present, but with reverted eye laments the past, or, heedless of the riches that surround him, stands on tiptoe to foresee the future. He cannot be happy and strong until he too lives with nature in the present, above time
TRANSCEND


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The American Dream Doesnt Exist [Re: Jack Albertson]
    #10227110 -

Yeah, but nobody's reality is created by any government, so why go any further with a false thought?


--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The American Dream Doesnt Exist [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #10227123 -

We are the govt, and the country, and society, and the culture, and all the things people hate about humanity.

"We have met the enemy, and he is us."


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The American Dream Doesnt Exist [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #10227407 -

MushroomTrip said:
Yeah, but nobody's reality is created by any government, so why go any further with a false thought?



how is it false? The american way of life is was created by our government, if it were by the people things would be a lot different. I cant say better, but different.


--------------------
Man is timid and apologetic; he is no longer upright; he dares not say "I think," "I am," but quotes some saint or sage. He is ashamed before the blade of grass or the blowing rose.Man postpones or remembers; he does not live in the present, but with reverted eye laments the past, or, heedless of the riches that surround him, stands on tiptoe to foresee the future. He cannot be happy and strong until he too lives with nature in the present, above time
TRANSCEND


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The American Dream Doesnt Exist [Re: Jack Albertson]
    #10227475 -

Are you nuts. People voted all these fools into office. People always get the govt. they deserve. If you vote or pay any taxes or follow any laws you don't believe in, you're part of the problem


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The American Dream Doesnt Exist [Re: Icelander]
    #10227505 -

yeah im nuts. i dont vote presidential. So you honestly think we deserve the government we have right now? if so what did we do to deserve it? oh and when i think of it i cant say that i follow laws i dont believe serve good purpose.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The American Dream Doesnt Exist [Re: Jack Albertson]
    #10227539 -

Gee why don't I believe you. So you walk down the street smoking your bong and share all your drugs openly in the street. You don't pay war taxes and you never vote in any elections.

What did we do? We did exactly what we continue to do. Live, buy, consume, die, and never pause to think our way of life is paid for by war and death.

And most all the fools of the 70s now vote for obama or bush and fail at a  mortgage for a bigger house then they could ever need.


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The American Dream Doesnt Exist [Re: Icelander]
    #10227556 -

I smoke blunts in the street, don't vote, and have never filed a tax return. What about people like me? Do we deserve this government? :pressure:


--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The American Dream Doesnt Exist [Re: Poid]
    #10227580 -

Well by everyone I mean the vast majority.

You might possibly slip through the cracks. But you're stuck with all this shit none the less. However I doubt you are as clean as you think you are. I mean how old are you, 20?


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The American Dream Doesnt Exist [Re: Icelander]
    #10227601 -

I am 20, but what does that have to do with my hygiene? :tongue:


--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The American Dream Doesnt Exist [Re: Icelander]
    #10227611 -

Icelander said:
Gee why don't I believe you. So you walk down the street smoking your bong and share all your drugs openly in the street. You don't pay war taxes and you never vote in any elections.

What did we do? We did exactly what we continue to do. Live, buy, consume, die, and never pause to think our way of life is paid for by war and death.

And most all the fools of the 70s now vote for obama or bush and fail at a  mortgage for a bigger house then they could ever need.



why would i want to walk down the street smoking a bong? that's not very practical. But yes i do smoke weed in public. If someone is smoking a cigarette it's only fair. I dont vote, and if i do it's state, and even that's rare. I do not pay taxes.


--------------------
Man is timid and apologetic; he is no longer upright; he dares not say "I think," "I am," but quotes some saint or sage. He is ashamed before the blade of grass or the blowing rose.Man postpones or remembers; he does not live in the present, but with reverted eye laments the past, or, heedless of the riches that surround him, stands on tiptoe to foresee the future. He cannot be happy and strong until he too lives with nature in the present, above time
TRANSCEND


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The American Dream Doesnt Exist [Re: Jack Albertson]
    #10227619 -

Do you work? Better hope the IRS isn't on your ass...:ass:


--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The American Dream Doesnt Exist [Re: Poid]
    #10227638 -

i dont believe in the irs. plus theyve got bigger fish to fry. The only tax i pay is sales tax b/c it's unavoidable. for now at least.


--------------------
Man is timid and apologetic; he is no longer upright; he dares not say "I think," "I am," but quotes some saint or sage. He is ashamed before the blade of grass or the blowing rose.Man postpones or remembers; he does not live in the present, but with reverted eye laments the past, or, heedless of the riches that surround him, stands on tiptoe to foresee the future. He cannot be happy and strong until he too lives with nature in the present, above time
TRANSCEND


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The American Dream Doesnt Exist [Re: Jack Albertson]
    #10227656 -

If you own a business, then you might be a tasty fish for them. :smirk:


I don't believe in the IRS either, but they fucked my dad over a while ago (he owns a small business). All I'm saying is to play it safe.  :lil8ball:


--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* native american indians
( 1 2 3 all )
COZMKSTRCHLD 7,476 49 01/08/02 12:37 AM
by Pynchon
* lucid dreaming Kemist 1,785 15 10/23/02 07:43 AM
by Kemist
* From "Storming Heaven:LSD and the American Dream" LearyfanS 1,704 9 09/11/01 12:12 PM
by Learyfan
* Dreams-The Key to Alternate Universes
( 1 2 all )
MisterKite 4,112 33 10/01/03 07:39 PM
by Elvish
* Dream Memory Dead Shaman 1,096 4 12/08/01 07:37 PM
by PsYcH_crazy
* Dreams thePatient 782 2 07/15/02 02:21 AM
by deepr
* Post deleted by Administrator PsilosKube 760 3 11/30/02 03:04 AM
by postanaldrip
* Animal dreams LearyfanS 1,016 16 05/25/03 02:02 PM
by chunder

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
3,332 topic views. 3 members, 30 guests and 11 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.