Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisiblethePatient
Criminal Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Loc: Indiana
Dreams
    #746686 - 07/14/02 10:44 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Dreams often fascinate me. Lucid or non-lucid, i love each and every one i can remember. Have you ever noticed that if you are ever woken up from sleeping, then fell back to sleep, it increases your chances of having a dream? No, hehe maybe its just me.
Something ive noticed about my dreams are that I never look directly into the face of the people interacting with me in the dream. The people i dream about I can just sense. I dont have to look at them to tell who they are. Its as if its their spirit. Not the shell, or body as you would call it, they walk around in on the Physical Plane of Existance. Also, maybe its just me but i have dreams of places ive never been to. Places my brain randomly created for my dream to take place. Or maybe its more? What if the place i dreamt about really existed?
Another thought....Has anyone ever wondered if the people your dreaming about have the same dream? Even if you asked that person and he/she said they didnt, I think the chances of them not remembering the dream are pretty high. And a flaw in this idea is that they might be at a different dream stage, or not even asleep yet. What do you think?

--------------------
T h e r e  a r e  n o  o r d i n a r y  m o m e n t s.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblethePatient
Criminal Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Loc: Indiana
Re: Dreams [Re: thePatient]
    #746768 - 07/14/02 11:24 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

A neat website concerning dreams is : http://www.mythsdreamssymbols.com/

Its "A Jungian Perspective / Dream Psychology / Metaphysics / Symbols & Metaphor"

This site has information on Dream Motifs, Sexual Dreams, Nightmares, Lucid Dreams, Understanding dreams. etc. It talks about Freud and his work on dreams and combines it with Carl Jung and his work.

--------------------
T h e r e  a r e  n o  o r d i n a r y  m o m e n t s.

Offlinedeepr
the dancer

Loc: nzl
Re: Dreams [Re: thePatient]
    #747023 - 07/15/02 04:21 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

the places that i dream of mostly are entirely removed from reality... often i will wake up reluctantly, wishing that I could live in that makebelieve environment forever.. some dreams are so beautiful, they cast a dark cloud over normal life..
all that serotonin mmmmm
people say that you should live your life like you live in your dreams...

a common evolutionary theory for dreams is that they manifest alternate solutions to problems faced in reality, not easily accessed by the conscious mind.... this makes perfect sense. my reactions to situations and people can be entirely different after I dream about them... what is my subconscious trying to say???

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology