Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: smoking vs. munching vs. grinding
    #98906 - 01/08/00 05:46 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Heat destroys psilocybin/psilocin and your friends sure should've had a "different" trip, IE close to nothing.

Shrooms contain trace amounts of other substances which could have gotten your friends "off".

Shrooms should be consumed upon an empty stomach or else they seems to loose potency.

------------------
//Moomin666 -When madness is an art...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

#98908 - 01/13/00 03:43 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

I'm not a shroom expert, and don't claim to be, but I disagree with the "heat kills mushrooms" theory. After all, mushroom Tea is made with boiling hot water. In fact, I've heard (don't know if it's true or not though) that the heat of a hot mushroom beverage will cause the chemicals to hit your blood faster then usual. Has anyone else heard this opposite theory?

Anonymous

#98909 - 01/13/00 07:48 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Shroom Tea hits you faster because there is less to be broken down. It's like drinking alcohol.

Anonymous

#98910 - 01/13/00 08:12 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Actually heat does break down the drug. Their is a difference between boling water and a flame that breaks down the atomic bonds of the molecule. (Had to use the terminolgy!)
Psilocin will break down easily without heating it with flame, so it is for sure distroyed. Psilocyben is harder to break down with heat, but an applied flame is enough to break it down too. But tea is fine because it is warm so the particles move faster and digest into your cells easier.

------------------
Flog and squee
up the tree
see the army flee, flee, flee.

Anonymous

#98911 - 01/14/00 12:38 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

There is a vast difference btw the temps of boiling water and a flame!

Check it up though, as I (a stupid Swede) only know the Celsius system and the Metric system and would probably just confuse you with numbers...

------------------
//Moomin666 -When madness is an art...

Anonymous

#98912 - 01/14/00 04:05 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

actually, u dont want to use boiling water when making tea. u want to use water that is really warm and looks like it wants to boil, but boiling is too hot and will destroy too much of the active chemicals. another little interesting tidbit, psilocybin does not make u trip. actually, ur body changes it into psilocin, which is what causes ur mind to go into different states.

OfflineCode
addict
    #98913 - 01/14/00 07:38 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Somewhere, wish I could recall where, I was reading some kind of research paper involving mushrooms, where it said that significant breakdown started to occur about around 100c, meaning making tea with hot water did not cause major loss of potency due to thermal breakdown.

I usually powder them, and find that there is not much difference in potence or absorbtion time, including when in a gelcap, since the gelcap breaks down within a few minutes of ingestion anyway.

Occasinaly I'll eat them whole and dried with food, unless I eat a large amount (of food) I find I actually get effects sooner, and with less strain on my stomach, presumably because my body is actively processing food, whereas if my stomach is mostly empty the addition of the same quantity of shrooms (particularly powdered in gelcaps) does not stimulate digestion.

I would suspect that mushroom tea could give the best of both worlds, high absorbtion rate and low amount of discomfort-generating shroom-flesh. Unfortuately, last time i had the chance to try it, I forgot all about making tea.

I'm sure individual physiology plays an important role here.

Anonymous

#98914 - 01/18/00 01:06 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

so I guess heat water to the boiling point?then take it off the stove and then add mushies while water is cooling? so the tea will have less damaged particles?

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Loc: 613
    #98915 - 01/19/00 07:25 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Castaneda seemed to be pretty sure that smoking mush was effective.

OfflinePhyl
old hand
Loc: United Kingdom
    #98916 - 01/19/00 08:53 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

When casteneda smoked mushrooms, they were combined with a number of other things in 'The little Smoke'. It could be that the effects were from the other plants used, or that he simply inhaled a load of powdered mushrooms along with the smoke.

Castenedas books are also widely considered to be works of fiction.

I've personally smoked about 1/8 of dried Semilancaeta to test this, and it had absoloutly no effect.

Phyl

InvisibleDelyrium
lemonadeh.o.n.e.y.

Loc: vermont
    #98917 - 01/18/00 10:47 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

*Del's Favorite Way TO Eat Them MUSHIES*

First, take out a blender. Put those yummy lil shrooms in it and add some orange juice. BLEND! Then pour it into a cup and drink it. Orange juice (for some reason) also enhances any drug experience I have had. I take my E with orange juice, my shrooms with it and I wash the DXM with it. Maybe it's just me.

*to all the shrooms in the world*
GET IN MY BELLY!

------------------
"Pot also turns people into potheads."
I can see it now
memories of other days
turn through my brain
but tonight as always
I cannot breathe

--------------------
Fuck Ted Nugent he?s a fucking jerk
I wish that he?d be gone
Chauvanistic republican
Kills animals cause he
Forgot how to write a song

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Loc: 613
    #98918 - 01/19/00 11:10 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Phyl: I am also somewhat skeptical of castaneda's credibility, but for what it's worth, it was fairly clear in the books that the other plants in the mixture were not hallucinogenic and were used only to "sweeten the smoke mixture".
I'm sorry your eighth went to waste, though. :smile:

[This message has been edited by psi (edited January 19, 2000).]

Anonymous

#98919 - 01/19/00 11:42 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

thanks for the input!
yeah - the smoking sounded a little suspicious to me. i've been told heat breaks pc down (i almost put it on a pizza before cooking, when a friend caught me :smile:). you probably saved me some money!

Delyrium: yes, many of my friends really like OJ with those guys, too. i've heard that the sugar spikes your insulin levels and allows the drug to cross the blood-brain barrier quicker. and the vitamin C always helps.

Anonymous

#98920 - 01/21/00 05:03 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

I've tried to smoke shrooms many times...none really worked...but once i did mix it with some weed and it gave me a weird buzz...not like your normal weed high..it was kind of like a trip...but the effects kick in for a while, then you won't feel them...then you'll feel them again...sorta like the waves of X...theycome and go.And i got someminorvisuals..nothing special just the web of colors in front of your face..it was still cool.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies