Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMeph
Synesthesiac

Loc: Qu?bec
Death, and whatever lies after it...
    #987540 - 10/23/02 07:12 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

People are usually only scared of death because they don't know what it really is about. Note that I'm not saying I do.

Death is a part of life. But does it go the other way around, too? Is life a part of death?

I've only been scared of dying once. I wouldn't call it fear however. It was closer to anticipation than anything else.

I'm not saying that I wanted to die. Simply put, it was only curiosity (although to a level I had never experienced before).

We're all going to die some day. What is the point to live, to accumulate knowledge and wisdom, if it is all to be lost in only a breif moment? That's where most people draw the line. I like to take it a little farther.

Death is not the end. It is the beginning.

Let me explain.

The future and the past are two relativly explainable realities. The present, however, is something that has always escaped us. When is now, if now if so small that we cannot even describe it?

The present does not exist. It is, in my opinion, the result of our awareness of our surroundings: the physical world.

We are only matter. Particules. Nothing more.

But, how do you explain that we are able to think, to make decisions, to love and to hate?

Something bigger is involved here. I don't know what it is, but I know it's there. And it's reassuring.

If it all ends when we die, then life is probably the most beautiful thing that has ever been wasted.

--------

Another note:

I am forced to beleive that something lies after death, because I am conscious.

What explains consciousness? It is our ability to recall the past, the past being everything but the future (the past includes the present, because the present is so short that it is already part of the past).

(If I've lost you here, reread until you understand. I think it's worth a few minutes of your time.)

So, if I can recall what I am experiencing right now, it is because I will always be conscious.

That's the best way I can put it into words.

Also, try to picture the void. Nature does not like the void. It fills it. Complete void does not exist, which explains why I am so convinced that there IS, in fact, something after death.

--------------------
I'm a bipedal carbon-based pseudo-random number generator.

Demonstration: 152.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: Death, and whatever lies after it... [Re: Meph]
    #987548 - 10/23/02 07:17 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Death...
/me goes black

Wake up to world of light! Hello friendly wise men composed of morphogenic fields of light, what is that you say? Eternity? Sounds like fun! I'll race you to God and back, first person to incarnate again gets a free bliss node... weeee....  :grin: 

--------------------

OfflineMeph
Synesthesiac

Re: Death, and whatever lies after it... [Re: Shroomism]
    #987553 - 10/23/02 07:20 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Constructive replies, anybody?

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #987556 - 10/23/02 07:22 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

:tongue: 

--------------------

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #987609 - 10/23/02 07:43 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

well i must say i agree with you on some things. but i think that there is no end and no real begining we are somewhere between life and death. i dont think its over when you die, i mean ive had dreams about being chased by a lightning bolt and seeing that bolt come down on me and go into nothing, i think the void is what you cant explain what you cant take in you cant fill it you just have to release it let it fill itself. you should go to the website at the bottom of the post. when i was on shrooms for the first time last weekend i had this idea that all we are our brains our person our perception are place here our bodies are simply just here our brains are like a raido reciever tuning you into the things around you your ideas your actions your beliefs based on the perception around you. taking shrooms surely can release ignorant views or unseen things. and i think if you open yourself up to it it can show you the clear light i guess. shrooms is kind of what i would think of dying in some sense. waking up inside a dream and having it feel real is like completely inside the void. i mean these are my experience and what i think i mean ive thought about death for a long time. and i think its like an rpg game i mean you gain levels save and die and then you restart in some other state in a higher order. i think you raise very interesting questions which i give thought to every day. i also think that whats in that link about shrooms can be applied to death and knowing when its coming and like merging the opposite sides. life and death and being free from the cycle or just going into one world without leaving the other behind but anyway here is the link hope my post gave you some ideas. feel free to give me some i would appreciate it :smile:

[url=http://www.erowid.org/archive/hyperreal/drugs/psychedelics/leary/psychedelic.html ]web page[/url]

if that doesnt work

www.erowid.org/archive/hyperreal/drugs/psychedelics/leary/psychedelic.html

if it doesnt work just type http:// or ask me to re post or whatever! ....  :wink:

--------------------
What?

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
Re: Death, and whatever lies after it... [Re: Shroomism]
    #987633 - 10/23/02 07:52 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

i just love you... not in a gay way, though  :grin:

for me death is change... as simple as that... cration is ever changing and so are we... that and love are the only things we can rely on...

--------------------

Edited by Lozt Soul (10/23/02 07:55 PM)

OfflineMeph
Synesthesiac

Re: Death, and whatever lies after it... [Re: Zero7a1]
    #987648 - 10/23/02 07:55 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks Zero! I'll look into that link, it seems to be pretty interesting...

However, I don't like to make links between drugs and the explanations of the world we live in. Drugs are only a tool, not a result. Use that tool if you must, but it is the result that you should share, and not your views of the tool itself.

Only my opinion though. I thought it was worth sharing it.

--------------------

OfflineMeph
Synesthesiac

Re: Death, and whatever lies after it... [Re: In(di)go]
    #987666 - 10/23/02 07:59 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Lozt Soul, that's something I forgot to mention. I see death as a passage to another stage of existance, life in the physical world being the first one we go through...

--------------------

Offlineganjaguru
I'm not really here
Male
Loc: Austin, TX
    #987753 - 10/23/02 08:29 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I believe in reincarnation to tell you the truth but death is never something to be feared, death is inevitable so you can either embrace it or try and run away which is impossible, i see each life as one step closer to obtaining nirvana, the buddhist religion teaches you that it is very uncommon to come across a human life, and even more so to come across one in which you are able to learn about the higher powers, so the point of this life is to take advantage of what we have been awarded and use it in order to try and obtain enlightenment, death is infact a new beginning death starts a new form for our souls, regardless of wether you believe in reincarnation most people will still agree in some form of an after life, and that after life cannot come to be without death, i too have at times almost "anticipated" death but only because it is the curiosity of what is truly on the other side that makes us curious, but i find that we are in this form for a reason and to cut it short is almost defying the higher power, (whatever you wish to call it) so i decided to simply live my life as good as i can and know that the end will eventually come and i can work from there, who knows, maybe after this life i will reach nirvana... what a thought.
NDL

--------------------

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Loc: Amerika
    #987785 - 10/23/02 08:45 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

my biggest fear is that there is nothing after you die. that is also what i believe. i want to exist. i want to have some kind of a consciousness after i die. i would rather there be a heaven and hell and go to hell than just turn into nothing. again, i believe that we dont have a consciousness or exist in anyway after we die but i would love to be proven otherwise.

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Loc: Amerika
    #987788 - 10/23/02 08:47 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

some realizations you can never achieve without drugs. the sober state of mind is cut off from certain perspectives.

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

OfflineKemist
Soul ComponentsPrototype IssueM11983MF50 (x_x)

Loc: The Orgin
Re: Death, and whatever lies after it... [Re: 1stimer]
    #987816 - 10/23/02 09:00 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

well if theres nothing ... theres nothing. i mean you wouldn't know anything different now would you, but for some reason i have this feeling we wake up forever in a world such as this ... with the loves and hates, all just positive and negatives.

--------------------
Rafa (x_X)

fuck a sig

InvisibleSmack31
Stranger

#987869 - 10/23/02 09:29 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

The future and the past are two relativly explainable realities. The present, however, is something that has always escaped us. When is now, if now if so small that we cannot even describe it?

The present does not exist. It is, in my opinion, the result of our awareness of our surroundings: the physical world.

just last night i was lying in bed telling myself that the past and the future did not exist, only the moment that i was breathing... the past was real at one point, but now it was just memories in my mind, and the future (or my dreams of the future rather) are created from the hopes and desires that are brought up from my experiences in the past, but the only moment that is real, that you can actually do anything in is the moment that you are living.... right now. or something like that.

but anyway...

what were we saying? :grin:

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #988085 - 10/23/02 10:39 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

carpe diem eh? i hope i didnt make it sound like i thought the experience could "cure" me but it can help cure you. i mean its not for everyone in the same way but for some people who have certain run ins with the world i think it can help them. before i took shrooms i felt stifled by peoples reality i guess you could say, i had always seen it and always known it but was never really free in myself and not that it made me anyhting more than i already was but did as you said a tool to help me realize something about myself i had forgotten about and had started to ignore for whatever reason. but by no means do i think it can "cure" any problem it can help but to do anything we have to do for ourselves its just another guide like a philosophy a piece of art it is an experience all and unique in its own. death simply is that void and which is unknown and maybe i think anything for anyone maybe we make our death life or after life just as our current or present life and our present life is our ability to deviate from our past life or change like nature? possibly :smile: i dont know its just nice to think like that sometimes maybe who knows it works for me. i like this we are sharing ideas building off of our fellow humans. this is what we should be doing! so many people dont do...

--------------------
What?

OfflineGrowingVines
Slowly Changinginto a Tree
Loc: GA
Re: Death, and whatever lies after it... [Re: Zero7a1]
    #988237 - 10/23/02 11:21 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

hmm. Death. maybe there is no such thing.

peace out my brothers, for everyone has a bit of insanity in them

--------------------
Peace out my brothers, for everyone has a bit of insanity in them

OfflineMeph
Synesthesiac

Re: Death, and whatever lies after it... [Re: Smack31]
    #990033 - 10/24/02 03:12 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Smack, I also agree with your perspective. However, I think the present does not exist either, because it is infinitly short. It is the smallest lapse of time that could ever be thought of. But, what if it was so small that it did not even exist?

--------------------

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
    #990061 - 10/24/02 03:22 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

i dont believe in the concept of present, past and future... there is ONLY ONE moment... the eternal moment of now... actually everything that has ever happened and will ever happen is happening right now...

--------------------

OfflineMeph
Synesthesiac

Re: Death, and whatever lies after it... [Re: In(di)go]
    #990106 - 10/24/02 03:37 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

But, Lozt Soul, how do you explain the way things change over time, if there is only one moment?

--------------------

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #990135 - 10/24/02 03:46 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

That's why they call it the ever changing now.

--------------------

OfflineMeph
Synesthesiac

Re: Death, and whatever lies after it... [Re: Revelation]
    #990149 - 10/24/02 03:50 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

That's not an explanation...

But I agree that there is no way to prove that there ever was a past. If I drop a cup on the floor, and it breaks, I have absolutely no way of proving that it ever was in one peice... and a video tape proves nothing, just in case someone was about to reply that...

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom