Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleFoxFire
Energized Matter
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
My new glove box, any feedback?
    #9805829 - 02/16/09 12:33 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Made this out of a Rubbermaid roughneck.  I cut the arm holes, set the plastic circles back in, and duck taped them for a flap-like effect.  The top is a solid piece of glass from some sort of furniture.  Ive just been cleaning it with a bleach/water solution, washing my arms and hands, putting on synthetic gloves, putting everything I need inside, spraying a mist of more bleach water, letting it settle, and going about my business.  Any constructive criticism or feedback would be well received. Thanks folks!

--------------------
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better.  It's not.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehatinhand
Stranger
Re: My new glove box, any feedback? [Re: FoxFire]
    #9805947 - 02/16/09 01:06 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Looks pretty good to me.  My only recommendation would be to put some sleeves in it.  I followed Monstermitch's guide, and it seems to work well.  You can find it here: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/5937476/an/0/page/0

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site

#9806751 - 02/16/09 08:30 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

use a clear tub so u can see through the sides?

visibility in that thing must be terrible.

otherwise it looks as if u got the idea!

OfflineDamion5050
Mush Doctor
Male User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Translation ! Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: My new glove box, any feedback? [Re: CptnGarden]
    #9806880 - 02/16/09 09:09 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I agree clear tubs are better that way you get a better range of view.. I currently have a 116 quart sterlite tub that I use for a glovebox, but later today my flow hood will be done, so I will not ever need it again..

Invisibleshroomzey
Humble Student
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: My new glove box, any feedback? [Re: Damion5050]
    #9807589 - 02/16/09 11:43 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I know this isn't a good shot, but this is my current glovebox.  It's a clear tub, with 4" ABS couplings in the wall of the tub.  Just get an old knife, get it blazing hot with a torch or your stove burner, and then cut your holes with that.  Then place the couplings, and use a hot glue gun to seal all the way around.. it works great, really strong.

Find some gloves that will fit around the coupling, and then use some hose clamps to keep them in place.  The reason I do this is so that when you're doing work that requires no flame sterilization (grain to grain, pouring agar, etc) you can leave the gloves in there.  And when you are doing flame sterilization, take the gloves off, use a couple rubber-bands to hold it onto your arms, and then enter into your glove box through the couplings(leaving the flame outside of the box.)

If this is feasible for you, I'd recommend it.  You really can't be too careful when it comes to sterile procedure.  Especially when you spend a lot of time doing it.

--------------------

200 years from now, we will look back and laugh at ourselves for how stupid we were.
My Glovebox
Find a respected member of the community and study them.  I give thanks to: RogerRabbit, agar, hyphae, Nibin, fahtster, The shroomy 1, monstermitch, FooMan, HippieChick, Blue Helix, eatyualive, mycofile, and many, many more.
Never accept mediocrity, always return the love that is given to you.

Edited by shroomzey (02/16/09 11:48 AM)

InvisibleFoxFire
Energized Matter
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: My new glove box, any feedback? [Re: shroomzey]
    #9808135 - 02/16/09 01:43 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Cool, thanks for the info guys!  as for visibility, i have it on my dining room table with the light right above it, so I can see in it just fine, the only thing that gets on my nerves is the glare off the glass.  Next time I will def use a clear one.  Is home depot a good spot to get those tyvek sleeves? what did they come off of, a painters suit?

--------------------
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better.  It's not.

Offlineronjohn7779
Stranger

#9808148 - 02/16/09 01:45 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Damn those are nice Glove boxes. Mines only a Tupperware container with some holes shattered out of it. Literally shattered out of it.

--------------------
"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!" An American Hero Iron Mike!

InvisibleShroominit
Part Time Mycologist

Folding@home Statistics
    #9808181 - 02/16/09 01:50 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Lowes is a good place to get them.

Mine is an inverted 105qt with heated coffee can arm holes and some flaps covering it. I use nitrile gloves and alcohol on everything... careful around a flame if you do that.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder