Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
finally gathered the courage to make a doctor's appointment...
    #9711846 -

I have had some pretty serious anxiety issue for the past 2 years. I am now alienated from people I have known for years, including my family. I have no friends. I constantly sweat around people. I am absolutely exhausted every day by noon because of constantly being anxious. I am constantly thinking about my clothes not fitting exactly perfect. I can't do certain things about people, like eating, reading, and working.

I have tried to deal with my anxiety by myself. I stopped consuming caffeine. I started exercising 3 days a week, and have been doing that for several months now. I haven't used any recreational drugs in almost a year. I started trying to dedicate 7-8 hours a night to sleep.

That is about everything I am planning on telling the doctor. I am really stressing out about it though because I feel like I am wasting his/her time or something with complaining about social anxiety. But in no way am I exaggerating my anxiety, its been getting progressively worst everyday.

I pretty much know what I need, and its benzos. How stingy are doctors when it comes to prescribing medication like this? Will he/she make me do a bunch of other stuff before prescribing it? I am willing to do whatever he/she asks me, including therapy, but if I am told to eat better and exercise I am going to get pretty frustrated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: finally gathered the courage to make a doctor's appointment... [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #9711872 -

you don't need benzos
balance your fat intake ratios
benzos would just be an escape

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: finally gathered the courage to make a doctor's appointment... [Re: ChiefGreenLeaf]
    #9711881 -

Your response will be taken more seriously when you actually read my post. Thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: finally gathered the courage to make a doctor's appointment... [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #9711911 -

It's more likely that you'll be prescribed antidepressants, and they won't help in your situation.

My advice? Find someone smart to talk to. It could be a priest, a guru, a doctor, or an old blues player. Keep talking, that helps.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: finally gathered the courage to make a doctor's appointment... [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #9711915 -

Dude,
Explain all that to the certified medical doctor and he/she will give you their professional opinion.....

IDK if you've tried a psychologist at all but they do indeed help a lot...

Lots of people overcome social anxiety you have a good chance seeing as you've already dedicated so much to stop it on your own...... Good Luck


--------------------
First Bulk Grow

LOOKING FOR EDIBLE CULTURES OR PRINTS ANYTHING GOURMET!!
also, Omphalotus olearius AKA Jack o'Lantern mushroom
PM ME

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: finally gathered the courage to make a doctor's appointment... [Re: Herbie5075]
    #9712547 -

If you ask for something for your anxiety, ime, you will receive it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: finally gathered the courage to make a doctor's appointment... [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #9712962 -

Drugs only suppress symptoms...not treat the cause. You need to not only balance your fat ratios, but balance your whole life. Exercise, rest, and diet are excellent places to start.


--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: finally gathered the courage to make a doctor's appointment... [Re: Kupo]
    #9713098 -

mrspirit2 said:
If you ask for something for your anxiety, ime, you will receive it.



should I just say I want something for my anxiety? or should I ask for a specific medication?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: finally gathered the courage to make a doctor's appointment... [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #9714486 -

You seem to want something for it. If I notice that through a web forum a doctor is definitely going to notice that.

Go to the right one and he/she'll give you whatever, but that's just my experience. Dunno about your doctor.

I'd listen to visionary and keep talking about this with someone.

Huehuecoyotl : he already mentioned he has tried exercising and getting adequate rest.

How is your diet and are there any reasons that you're aware of for this anxiety to develop?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: finally gathered the courage to make a doctor's appointment... [Re: Kupo]
    #9714553 -

I mentioned diet and exercise BECAUSE he had started these things...it's called encouragement. However, it seems the guy just wants drugs...not to heal. Doctors are great drug dealers...they will give you whatever you ask for.


--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: finally gathered the courage to make a doctor's appointment... [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #9714631 -

Ah I see now

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: finally gathered the courage to make a doctor's appointment... [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #9715245 -

Here is the answer to your problem: http://www.controllinganxiety.com/dsp_downloads.php

And it's free.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: finally gathered the courage to make a doctor's appointment... [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #9716348 -

I would recommend the Linden Method. I know it sounds like one of those useless self-help thingies, but it's not. It's actually recommended by the National Health Service and by many psychologists and doctors, and it works for any anxiety related disorder so I think you should give it a try.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: finally gathered the courage to make a doctor's appointment... [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #9718644 -

OP, your post could have very well been my own.  I've had social anxiety since my teens, and just recently it seems to have subsided.  It went away coincidentally when I was at a point in my life when I felt very good about myself.  My confidence was high and I had just started dating a girl who I was really into.

I wont go into detail, but as my life deteriorated and my confidence and self-worth declined, my anxiety came back in full force.  I guess the message here is that you should really focus on what you want to do in your life and what is going to make you happy.  When you are content with your life situation and confident within yourself your anxiety will disappear.

As a side note though, I have been taking 0.5 - 1mg xanax at night to help me sleep.  That along with weed has made me more mellow and social since I have been going through some stressful things.  I think it is okay to use medicine to help you through rough spots in your life.  Just make sure you keep goals and move towards correcting whatever is making you unhappy.


--------------------
I spit reality, instead of what you usually learn
and I refuse to be concerned with condescending advice
cause I'm the only motherfucker that can change my life

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: finally gathered the courage to make a doctor's appointment... [Re: PowerTrip]
    #9720686 -

Well, I go tomorrow. Wish me luck.

I am already expecting to get prescribed anti-depressants. I'll try out whatever they give me and if it doesn't work I will let them know. :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: finally gathered the courage to make a doctor's appointment... [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #9720928 -

i know the general concensus about antidepressants here, but give welbutrin a try. don't be afraid to talk to your doctor about it, those assholes make a ton of money to help people out with things like this. meditation might also help you out, and don't forget about beer.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: finally gathered the courage to make a doctor's appointment... [Re: skaboss]
    #9720979 -

Quote:
  I think it is okay to use medicine to help you through rough spots in your life. 



Definitely. Most problems can be worked out mentally, and that's preferable, but sometimes some drugs can be useful for lifting you out of a hole that can feel almost impossible to climb. In the end, you still have to conquer it yourself, the drugs won't do it for you, but it can make it easier.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: finally gathered the courage to make a doctor's appointment... [Re: iamconfused]
    #9724299 -

Well if anyone cares. I got prescribed a low dose of zoloft. I go back in 2 weeks as a follow up on the medication.

I am honestly not really expecting SSRI's to work, but if it works, I will be happy. If it doesn't, I will let them know and I will ask for something else, probably will just get another SSRI for the next 2-3 times though. Whatever :shrug:

I purposely acted like an idiot though, so I wouldn't get drug seeking behavior stamped on my forehead. My anxiety was pretty believable though, because I could barely talk to the guy, I had a really shaky voice and was sweating like crazy. And when he asked me to describe my symptoms, I suddenly blanked out. I know everything I was going to tell him, suddenly I had nothing. So it took me a little bit to gather my thoughts again.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: finally gathered the courage to make a doctor's appointment... [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #9732509 -

Maybe you should write down everything you want to tell the doc for next time you see him.  I would also like to stress that medication is not a cure for the anxiety, just a cure for the symptoms.  Good luck.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: finally gathered the courage to make a doctor's appointment... [Re: bobbysroomlord]
    #9732655 -

Yeah, I am going to a psychologist soon. This zoloft stuff is really fucked. Its giving me insomnia, and its making my anxiety worst...wtf.

I want something that calms me, not stimulates me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* My doctor is the biggest retard ever! FUCK!
( 1 2 all )
Tasty_Smurf_House 5,929 26 10/09/08 04:38 PM
by MarkostheGnostic
* results of battling out my social anxiety..... shr00m 3,005 10 08/18/13 01:36 PM
by nhmi
* Finally got in to see the doctor vivid 976 5 09/16/04 06:25 PM
by Barbi
* Anxiety!! TimeTraveler 1,929 9 08/13/04 11:11 PM
by TimeTraveler
* Shrooms and Mental health (anxiety problems in particular) Dave21 4,022 3 05/30/04 08:10 PM
by TinTree
* Ive done it ! finally after 7 years ! Repton 2,496 17 11/11/04 04:19 AM
by Repton
* Anxiety and Panic attacks _Josh_ 2,152 4 04/07/03 06:23 PM
by _Josh_
* Bad Trip Post Anxiety? Spleh 10,033 17 07/30/05 04:18 PM
by eve69

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, Asante, Rose, mndfreeze, yogabunny, feevers, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
2,388 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 6 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 17 queries.