Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
My doctor is the biggest retard ever! FUCK!
    #2449640 - 03/18/04 10:48 PM (20 years, 4 days ago)

This is a continuation on my Bipolar post.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...sb=5&o=&fpart=1

So my doctors appointment was today. So I get in there and tell him whats wrong and how things are so fucked up and that my friends are even noticing and that it's fucking things up. Then he proceeds to ask me if I hear voices or if I see things crawling on the ceiling and i'm like uhhhh no. So he asks me if I do any drugs and i'm like yes marijuana. So he's like how often. And I was trying to explain that I couldn't really say daily or not cuz when i have a good stash i'll go daily ya know? but when im dry sometimes i'll go a week or so without or whatever. So i'm just like fairly often. So he asked how often i drink and i told him rarely, only a few times a year. So he's like any other drugs? i'm like yeah mushrooms, but that's also pretty rare. (i've only done them 5 times in my life). Then he asks me if i do coke! im like uhh no.

So do you know what he says? Prepare yourselves for this.

He says: well it doesnt look like you have a mood disorder. I think it's the Marijuana. According to this mother fucker, "Marijuana causes schizophrenia in some people". Holy shit. I didn't know whether to get up and slap him, tell him to fuck off, tell him how fucking retarded he is, or to just sit there with my mouth wide open. So i just sat there dumbfounded at the shite that i'm hearing. Of all the drug related bullshit i've heard........ god damnit! Not only that, but he didn't even bring up shrooms and schizophrenia or depression or anything. His suggestion was that I should stop smoking pot.

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!!!!! What is wrong with this fucker. GOD FUCK!!!! all that shit and i get someone trying to tell me i have schizophrenia from pot!?!??!?!?!?! He said he'd send down the sheet to MHS (mental health services) to see what they have to say but that was it. Holy fuck. I don't even know where to begin.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinevalour
Swordbearer

Loc: USA
Re: My doctor is the biggest retard ever! FUCK! [Re: Tasty_Smurf_House]
    #2449652 - 03/18/04 10:51 PM (20 years, 4 days ago)

Can you find another doctor?

--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: My doctor is the biggest retard ever! FUCK! [Re: valour]
    #2449659 - 03/18/04 10:52 PM (20 years, 4 days ago)

heh. yeah. good plan.

Offlineshaggy101
Male

Loc: ..still waiting for godot
    #2449675 - 03/18/04 10:54 PM (20 years, 4 days ago)

unfortunately it is common to find "proffesionals" who will make choices when they are uninformed :frown:
I would find a new doctor.

Offlinevalour
Swordbearer

Loc: USA
    #2449689 - 03/18/04 10:57 PM (20 years, 4 days ago)

Sorry if I missed something - is this not an option?

When I was seeing a shrink, I tested the waters by discussing my problems without mentioning drugs, then discussed drugs outside of the context -- when I found out he wasn't rabidly anti-drug, I then opened up about them.

He was significantly more concerned with my drinking than my rolling or tripping.

Good luck.

--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2450103 - 03/19/04 12:18 AM (20 years, 4 days ago)

For some reason I find your post excrutiatingly humurous, but I'm not laughing.  :yesnod: :shake: :tongue2:

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

Invisiblejtseaweed
Stranger

Loc: in the middle of everywhe...
    #2450191 - 03/19/04 12:31 AM (20 years, 4 days ago)

My docter also says I shouldnt do anydrugs. beer the most though for some reason.

--------------------

buisness is kickin yo butt

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #2450706 - 03/19/04 05:42 AM (20 years, 4 days ago)

Doctors are problamatic to alot of people, especailly when it comes to the brain and shit. The body is much more easier to understand and help.

The first thing you said though, is "for my bi-polar", and what most doctors understand is that bipolars should not use any drugs at all. Witch is a totally sucky option for anyone in my book. And most bipolars use drugs and alcohol, which causes them more problems.

I dunno man, whatever makes ya happy; try to listen to yourself... fuckin doctors can really screw with ya...

Quote:

I didn't know whether to get up and slap him, tell him to fuck off, tell him how fucking retarded he is, or to just sit there with my mouth wide open. 

:lol:

OfflineSalviaD
Rasta
Loc: Portsmouth, VA
    #2453913 - 03/20/04 10:05 AM (20 years, 3 days ago)

Dude my advice is to find another dr. It tooke me two tries before i found a decent one. My first one told me i was "pretending" to trip on salvia divinorium because there was nothing in his fucking book about smoking salvia to trip so naturally sense he is all knowing tripping by smoking salvia is impossible. Go figure... Well when i did proced to snap like you wanted to calling him a fucking idiot and what not a then leaving he called the police to come pick me up saying i was a threat to myself and others so be glad you bit your tounge or the same could have happened to you. Just do yourself a favor and don't stress his stupidity and find a new, preferably non-dumbass dr. peace......

OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2455189 - 03/20/04 05:27 PM (20 years, 3 days ago)

Well the Mediclinic phoned me back yesterday and made me an appointment for tuesday. so i dunno what's up.

OfflineEMERLAD
Stranger
    #2455812 - 03/20/04 09:53 PM (20 years, 2 days ago)

Am I the only person here that knows loads of people go a bit mad from weed? The mind needs balance and if you unbalance it too much (obviously this differs for alot of people)then it will change your thoughts. This has happened to most people I know when doing drugs. Address the sitaution rather than just trying to get presc drugs which will cause you more problems.

OfflinePHARMAKOS
addict
Re: My doctor is the biggest retard ever! FUCK! [Re: EMERLAD]
    #2455865 - 03/20/04 10:14 PM (20 years, 2 days ago)

lol man my doctor is a hero
i had a similar conversation with him but it went like this
doc: smoke?
me:no, not cigarettes?
doc: weed?
me: yeah sometimes
doc: do any other drugs?
me: just mushrooms everyonce and a while
doc: well, your a smart kid

then he proceeds to tell me about his trip to tailand where he went and saw weed fields 10 feet tall
and then he takes out a polaroid of him in front of said weed fields with a dope leaf in his mouth looking all stoned
it was awesome

then one day i went to see him about my insomnia right
and theres this mexican intern guy who sees me instead
and hes like do you do any drugs and im like yeah weed
so he gets really shaken up and is like 'oh mahihuanha is really bad, thats your problem blah blah blah" and everytime he pronounces it
(ma-hee-wan-ha) so finally my real doctor comes in and asks what hes found out

This guys been drilling me for like half an hour now about weather i drink coffee and if so when during the day and how many creams and sugar and do i drink soft drinks and what time and what do i eat and blah blah all this shit

and so he goes to my doctor "unfortunatly this kid has been smoking mahihuanha, i think that might be the problem"

my doctor laughs "hard to say isnt it"
then he hands me a bottle of sleeping pills, which worked just fine thank you
the intern was totally crest fallen

hehe
what a dick

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: My doctor is the biggest retard ever! FUCK! [Re: PHARMAKOS]
    #2455952 - 03/20/04 11:17 PM (20 years, 2 days ago)

Quote:

then he proceeds to tell me about his trip to tailand where he went and saw weed fields 10 feet tall
and then he takes out a polaroid of him in front of said weed fields with a dope leaf in his mouth looking all stoned
it was awesome

Is your doctor named Liquid_Smoke by any chance?

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflinePHARMAKOS
addict
Re: My doctor is the biggest retard ever! FUCK! [Re: silversoul7]
    #2456889 - 03/21/04 09:48 AM (20 years, 2 days ago)

lol richard blouw, but i dunno if he goes by some whacky online name

OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2464144 - 03/23/04 03:02 PM (20 years, 5 hours ago)

GOD FUCKING DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok so I had to back today right? And my doctor was all concerned about my levels. He says my medication dosage is too high. Another doctor that saw my levels a month ago said they were fine. My neurologist wants to make my doses higher! What the fuck! Silly doctors.

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #2464365 - 03/23/04 04:07 PM (20 years, 4 hours ago)

fuck doctors

go to the library

OfflineBleaK
paradox
Re: My doctor is the biggest retard ever! FUCK! [Re: DoctorJ]
    #2474047 - 03/25/04 06:20 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

why the hell would u go to a doctor...

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

Offlinemoshiach
Stranger
Male

#9052305 - 10/09/08 06:46 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Tasty_Smurf_House said:

So my doctors appointment was today. So I get in there and tell him whats wrong and how things are so fucked up and that my friends are even noticing and that it's fucking things up. Then he proceeds to ask me if I hear voices or if I see things crawling on the ceiling and i'm like uhhhh no. So he asks me if I do any drugs and i'm like yes marijuana. So he's like how often. And I was trying to explain that I couldn't really say daily or not cuz when i have a good stash i'll go daily ya know? but when im dry sometimes i'll go a week or so without or whatever. So i'm just like fairly often. So he asked how often i drink and i told him rarely, only a few times a year. So he's like any other drugs? i'm like yeah mushrooms, but that's also pretty rare. (i've only done them 5 times in my life). Then he asks me if i do coke! im like uhh no.

He says: well it doesnt look like you have a mood disorder. I think it's the Marijuana. According to this mother fucker, "Marijuana causes schizophrenia in some people". Holy shit. I didn't know whether to get up and slap him, tell him to fuck off, tell him how fucking retarded he is, or to just sit there with my mouth wide open. So i just sat there dumbfounded at the shite that i'm hearing. Of all the drug related bullshit i've heard........ god damnit! Not only that, but he didn't even bring up shrooms and schizophrenia or depression or anything. His suggestion was that I should stop smoking pot.

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!!!!! What is wrong with this fucker. GOD FUCK!!!! all that shit and i get someone trying to tell me i have schizophrenia from pot!?!??!?!?!?! He said he'd send down the sheet to MHS (mental health services) to see what they have to say but that was it. Holy fuck. I don't even know where to begin.

Hi

The more 'problems' your doctor can imagine into you, the more money he will make and the sicker you will become from the medication which will make him more money, etc etc ever meet a poor doctor?

Bi-polar people are actually normal

Its normal for people to become extremely happy or extremely sad

thats what it means to have lived

those who cannot experience true sadness do not know true happiness

everyone who is 'cool' is techincally the living dead according to the scriptures n chit

they are dead in themselves

just try to contain your unhappiness awayu from others

it is not until a rotten old peice of fruit falls to the floor and goes all mushy that new life can begin from within

stop running from whatever it is, fall to the floor and get mushy

these will be pheonix tears :laugh:

good luck

Invisibleohmatic
searcher
 User Gallery

Loc: europe
    #9052374 - 10/09/08 07:21 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Tasty_Smurf_House said:
According to this mother fucker, "Marijuana causes schizophrenia in some people".

according to science, this motherfucker is right.

--------------------
:penis: MONOTUB tek :sun: HEATBOMB tek :penis:

RIP #cultivation! ....can't associate? well FUCK U !

Offlineboxcarguy07
Uno
Male User Gallery

Loc: SC
Re: My doctor is the biggest retard ever! FUCK! [Re: moshiach]
    #9052405 - 10/09/08 07:43 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

moshiach said:
Hi

The more 'problems' your doctor can imagine into you, the more money he will make and the sicker you will become from the medication which will make him more money, etc etc ever meet a poor doctor?

everyone who is 'cool' is techincally the living dead according to the scriptures n chit

it is not until a rotten old peice of fruit falls to the floor and goes all mushy that new life can begin from within

good luck

best post ever maybe?
seriously good advice

--------------------
:musicnote:Music doesn't stop at the ears when it begins at the heart.:musicnote:

:psychsplit:"Sit in reverie and watch the changing color of the waves that break upon the idle seashore of the mind."
            -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow:psychsplit:

Offlinejonathanseagull
Cool!
Male

Re: My doctor is the biggest retard ever! FUCK! [Re: moshiach]
    #9052474 - 10/09/08 08:18 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

moshiach said:
Quote:

Tasty_Smurf_House said:

Hi

good luck

Sure, it's normal for people to have ups and downs.  But that's not what Bi-Polar Disorder is.  It's called Manic-Depressive Disorder because Mania and Depression are extreme forms of happy and sad.  I've seen footage of tons of people suffering manic-depressive symptoms.  One week they are saying that Jesus has given the power to control the winds, and then gamble away all of their money and wreck their car and max out credit cards.  The next few weeks they want to kill themselves, won't eat, don't want to get out of bed, can hardly function.

The manic episodes can include and share many symptoms from schizophrenia.

Marijuana CAN bring out latent psychological problems that you didn't know existed, such as schizophrenia.

I can attest personally to the fact that some people are more sensitive to marijuana than others as well.  When I smoked, I'd trip every time.  My most extreme trips were from marijuana... not the shrooms, not the acid, etc.  And I eventually suffered a psychotic break. 

So yes, it's real.  Doctor's might talk a lot of shit when they don't want to admit they don't know what they are talking about.  But the bullshit is usually based in random facts they might have read here and there.

--------------------
Loving in truth, and fain in verse my love to show, That the dear She might take some pleasure of my pain: Pleasure might cause her read, reading might make her know, Knowledge might pity win, and pity grace obtain.

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: My doctor is the biggest retard ever! FUCK! [Re: jonathanseagull]
    #9052667 - 10/09/08 09:21 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I don't understand why people go to physician's then completely disregard their advice.

I mean, you show up and say:  "Hey doc, I've been having some emotional issues lately, you know, I've been depressed, might have some OCD, yadda yadda yadda".  "I also smoke daily, and do a handful of other drugs".

To which the doctor responds:  "Hey, maybe you should lay off all the mind-altering psychoactive drugs for a bit.."

And the response is: OH HELL NO!!  YOU MEAN TO SAY THAT ITS A POSSIBILITY PSYCHOACTIVE DRUGS ARE AFFECTING MY MOOD STATE!!  get outta here, I'm finding someone else since I know whats going on and you are full of shit.

What did you expect the physician to say?  "I suggest doing more drugs and I'll fix you with some aspirin".

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Offlinenonwo
truth seeker
Male

Loc: southern usa
Re: My doctor is the biggest retard ever! FUCK! [Re: boxcarguy07]
    #9052676 - 10/09/08 09:25 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

some dumb ass dr. blamed a dudes seizure on weed in high school

--------------------
yellow red black and white cometogether as humans and fallow the path the creater intended

Offlinenonwo
truth seeker
Male

Re: My doctor is the biggest retard ever! FUCK! [Re: boxcarguy07]
    #9052681 - 10/09/08 09:26 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

dont tell ur dr. u smoke weed ur giving him an easy answer preventing him from finding the real problum

--------------------
yellow red black and white cometogether as humans and fallow the path the creater intended

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: My doctor is the biggest retard ever! FUCK! [Re: nonwo]
    #9052778 - 10/09/08 10:00 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I love how someone bumped a four and a half year old thread.

Offlinenonwo
truth seeker
Male

Re: My doctor is the biggest retard ever! FUCK! [Re: Redstorm]
    #9052800 - 10/09/08 10:11 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:
I love how someone bumped a four and a half year old thread.

moshiach

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #9054576 - 10/09/08 04:38 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Your physician is correct according to numerous NIDA and NIH (National Institute of Drug Abuse and National Institute of Health). If anyone is gonna get retarded, it's gonna be you if you remain a stoner. I started smoking (hash) on New Years Eve 1968-69 when I was 15. That was 40 years ago. I'd be a goddamn retard if I'd been clogging up my neurons for the last 40 years. Sorry Charlie. Cannabis isn't health-engendering to body or mind.

http://search2.google.cit.nih.gov/search?site=NIH_Master&client=NIHNEW_frontend&proxystylesheet=NIHNEW_frontend&output=xml_no_dtd&filter=0&getfields=  (Type in:cannabis+adolescence)

I've been reading up on this for years. I'm a Master Addictions Counselor working with stoned middle schoolers for 22 years. I stopped smoking when working on my Ph.D. (1979-83). I use 'smart drugs' (noogenics) and the only thing I smoke is a couple hits of Passion Flower if I can't sleep late at night, once in a while. It ONLY works if your body is clear of THC (I've tried to turn on dopers and THC monopolizes the receptor sites). The question is: do you want your mental abilities to decline or to incline? As we age, they decline all by themselves and at 55 I don't want to encourage pre-senile dementia. In fact, I am able to read, comprehend and remember better now than in earlier periods of my life. I'm reading 3 heavy books at once for the fun of it. Stoning made me stupid in college and I had to drop out for half a year. What's in YOUR head?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's funny how physicians with medical doctorates, internships, residencies and years of clinical experience and continuing education are considered dumb by late adolescent stoners. I was an adolescent stoner, then I trained for a doctorate. Guess which period of my life was less problematic AND smarter. If we don't grow up, we just get older.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds