Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineshr00m
junglisT 2 thefUll3st

results of battling out my social anxiety.....
    #1662743 - 06/25/03 10:33 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Hi. New thread because it talks about something "different".
anyways this goes along with my other thread I posted.

I fought long and hard with social anxiety. I sometimes have no problems with it but sometimes I do. its always on and off. the reason I hating my social anxiety was it created a health problem(one that i'd just like to keep to myself)

I dont know if it was a result of me being anxious 24/7....but anyways.... the health problem still is here even when I dont have social anxiety at all. which made me very very depressed. so depressed because I almost convinced myself that if I were to get "rid" of this social anxiety then my health problem would surely have gone with it... well that doesn't seem to be the case.

I never feel good at all anymore. or like I used to. the only thing that really helps me out is smoking weed. i feel great when I smoke weed. I feel that my life is a lot better. I don't know....weed just made my life greater. it made me live my life. and it sucks that weed is illegal. I don't know what to do right now.

I think I might just get high every day. I don't know if thats a good idea.... but seriously..

--------------------
the only constant is change~ life goes on. so theres no point in staying back because you can always catch up. try,hope, and understand!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMickel
enthusiast
Re: results of battling out my social anxiety..... [Re: shr00m]
    #1663046 - 06/26/03 03:46 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

really? Does weed make you feel better in social situations? Man weed makes me feel like million times worse when I'm in a social situation and makes me depressed and shit. I used to think that it made me more social. I smoke weed everyday because it helps me forget my past. It's like when I smoke weed by myself I feel soooo good but when I start to think about my social anxiety I just say fuck it. why not feel good now and feel bad later on when I'm sober. But why not smoke all day if i'm going to be depressed later, right.

Offlineshr00m
junglisT 2 thefUll3st

Re: results of battling out my social anxiety..... [Re: Mickel]
    #1663079 - 06/26/03 03:46 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

well before i used to get all anxious and shit when i smoked weed. thats because i didn't work out my social anxiety when i wasnt sober. i tried to cover shit up with weed.

but now that i pretty much cured my social anxiety I still get a roller coaster feeling sometimes.

but with weed...i dont get all anxious and stuff. it helps me now. i can go out and enjoy my life :P

seriously

--------------------
the only constant is change~ life goes on. so theres no point in staying back because you can always catch up. try,hope, and understand!

OfflineJourney
    #1668755 - 06/28/03 05:58 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Odd I defeated my personal social anxiety a little while back and also like you have lasting problems. I always focus on my breathing now whenever I'm talking to someone. Its like my brain no longer automatically controls my breathing so now I have to make an effort to always breath. Mentally I have no anxiety, but physically I still do.

I guess my brain has developed patterns, hopefully they're not permanent. Im going to start meditating again, as thats how I beat the mental aspect of the anxiety. I'll post back in a couple months to tell yall how I'm progressing.

OfflineJourney
Re: results of battling out my social anxiety..... [Re: ]
    #1668761 - 06/28/03 06:02 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Oh yeah, for those of you still having problems, vitamins and exercise can really help. Especially the vitamins. Meditation takes more time and practice, but I think it has the most potential as far as anti-anxiety agents go.
Good luck!

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1669683 - 06/28/03 04:56 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

hey relax...

so uhh what's this health problem you're having? don't be embarrassed man the more info we have the better.... Give yourself an ulcer or somethin heh sup?

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineGog
hapless andhappy

Re: results of battling out my social anxiety..... [Re: Strumpling]
    #1669846 - 06/28/03 06:49 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Strumpling, you're just hungry for juicy gossip.

As am I. Tell us, man! What health problem you got?

Offlineshr00m
junglisT 2 thefUll3st

Re: results of battling out my social anxiety..... [Re: Gog]
    #1681245 - 07/02/03 08:45 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

id like to just keep it to myself :P
and its soon going away.......and u pretty much summed it up journey.

mentally i have a health problem.
but anyways its going away so yay im happy!
the good herb has helped me :laugh:

--------------------

Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
    #1692914 - 07/07/03 01:47 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

oh u get panic attacks? I used to get that shit

OfflineRANKSRAGGY68
Scooby SnacksIndeed!!

Loc: Texas
Re: results of battling out my social anxiety..... [Re: tekramrepus]
    #1695252 - 07/08/03 03:04 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Try going to the doctor and telling him about it. They may prescribe (Paxil? Is that right?) or Xanax. I take Xanax for panic and anxiety attacks and the shit works fast. Put .5mg under your tongue and ten minutes later all is right. It takes some folks more of a dose. Also, Xanax doesn't dope me up like Valium does. I guess if you really have a problem it just works and makes you normal, as opposed to someone taking Xanax to get all "fucked up." I tried that, BTW. I took a bunch of Xanax (~4mg) and nothing. Absolutely nothing. If I took 15mg of Valium though I get drunk.

ANYWAY!! I'm just pointing that out because I don't actually like being all drunked up. Xanax is very fast acting compared to Valium as well.

You'll have to look into other drugs for social anxiety. I am pretty sure it is Paxil that they prescribe for that.

More on Xanax? Okay. After you put it under your tongue to let it melt, and the panic is going on, you start taking deep breaths. Slow yourself down, and try and calm down. Big tip here; don't try and calm down at a punk show or something. It is difficult. Try and find a quiet place. Basically you get a calming placebo effect immediately, breathe yourself calm, and then the Xanax hits and you feel "normal."

My panic attacks were tingling extremeties, fast heart rate, higher blood pressure, tightness of chest, shallow breathing, a sense that I am having a heart attack or dying, light headedness, dizziness, blacking out, the need to get the fuck outta here NOW!!! Any of that sound familiar? I don't know of anything that sparked it off in particualar. Mostly anything that was stressful. Work, marital problems, asshole "friends" that had too much to drink, driving, crowds, movie theaters. I dealt with this shit without being able to identify it or treat it for 18 years. I didn't know what it was and just always rode it out. It can be a helluva big bull to rope.

Now that I've used the Xanax therapeutically I just keep a bottle handy just in case. I hardly ever take it anymore. Mainly because I put a name to my disorder, recognized when it was coming on, learned how to breathe and relax while waiting on Xanax to kick in, and now it just takes the breathing and I have the Xanax handy in case it gets too out of hand. A little at a time I venture out further and further and leave the magic bottle at home. I hope to someday just completely conquer it and be able to say "Anxiety BE GONE!!!" and watch it flee from me in terror of my mental strength and prowess.

It can be a long road without help. Best of luck. Start learning to meditate as well as soon as you can. Now, make an appointment with a doctor and tell your loved ones what is going on. It's weird how they suddently accept your behavior as an illness like the flu, and that helps a bunch too. Anyone who tells you to just "snap out of it" fuck'em. They are idiots.

Hope this helps.

RR68

--------------------
"Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition."

Edited by RANKSRAGGY68 (07/08/03 03:10 AM)

Offlinenhmi
Stranger
    #18722913 - 08/18/13 03:36 PM (3 years, 3 months ago)

hope you start to feel better man

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being