Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]
clinical studies for sativex (THC spray) (update)
    #9689058 -

Hi everybody, I know I rarely ever post but I really felt the need to share this, I just got signed up to participate as a subject for a research study on the effects of Sativex (THC spray!!!)on attention, thinking, and memory. and to top it off I'm gettin paid like 800 bucks, they're even payin for my gas to get there, but I'm really only like 20 minutes from the place anyway. I just have to go for 5 five hour sessions, they spray this stuff in my mouth, I fill out some questionaires, they takes some blood, some urine, and they do an MRI.I'm starting next week, I'll let you guys know how it goes. here's the website I found it on:http://researchstudies.drugabuse.gov/studies/423.html

the only thing I'm really worried about is the fact that it's a government funded study, and they might be geared towards giving THC a bad name. What do you guys think?


--------------------
SATAN?

Edited by timekiller (02/04/09 01:31 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I am one lucky bastard [Re: timekiller]
    #9689081 -

Better do good on them tests.  :crankey:














:grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I am one lucky bastard [Re: timekiller]
    #9689084 -

That sounds pretty cool but I'm always pretty apprehensive of those clinical studies. :tinfoil:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I am one lucky bastard [Re: timekiller]
    #9689086 -

do your best to show them there's nothing wrong with it :awesome:


--------------------
"There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil
to one who is striking at the root."
-Henry David Thoreau
Strike The Root

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I am one lucky bastard [Re: timekiller]
    #9689104 -

I say that's fuckin cool. Do everything in your power to give them the best test results possible. I'd say stop doing other drugs in the meantime so your memory is in tiptop shape when they begin testing.

Make it so they can't give THC a bad name.
But most of all, enjoy having the government get you high, they've probably got damn good THC waitin' for yah!


--------------------
-=-Never Sigh For Better World
It's Already Composed
Played And Told-=-

Science gives a consistent how with an incomplete why.
Faith gives an inconsistent how with a complete why.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I am one lucky bastard [Re: timekiller]
    #9689111 -

im on the phone with them right now, tryin to sign up for this shit lol

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I am one lucky bastard [Re: timekiller]
    #9689130 -

i wouldn't want to do that shit... a synthetic THC spray?  it's probably mixed with flouride or something ridiculous.

i loathe pharmaceutical companies! how pointless, why don't they just break up some real weed and sprinkle it on the tongue of the patients.

an MRI is pretty intense too.. getting injected with toxic dyes and what not.

for 800 bucks i'd say you're getting the short of the stick.

this study isn't for the purpose of figuring out the effects of THC and whether or not they produce a negative effect.

it's the sort of study where you are a lab rat and they spray some synthetic junk in your mouth and if you don't die, at least not right away, then they release it to the masses and make a profit.


--------------------
:kodama:

Save Shroomerites Anonymous!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I am one lucky bastard [Re: two_rivers]
    #9689156 -

Quote:
why don't they just break up some real weed and sprinkle it on the tongue of the patients



:what:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I am one lucky bastard [Re: Atheist]
    #9689172 -

in other words.. what is the point of a synthetic THC spray?

the plant already exists, it's not only the THC that's beneficial it's all of the cannabinoids too.

making a synthetic THC spray is like Britney Spears covering a Jimi Hendrix song.


--------------------
:kodama:

Save Shroomerites Anonymous!

Edited by two_rivers (01/27/09 02:48 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I am one lucky bastard [Re: two_rivers]
    #9689179 -

dont sign up then :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I am one lucky bastard [Re: Atheist]
    #9689209 -

I would say thats theres not even THC in that spray...........God only knows what the fuk there gunna test on you.
What do they call that .....a double blind study I think.


--------------------
I love our leaders and the feds ,they are great people and the laws they make help us!:rofl2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I am one lucky bastard [Re: Atheist]
    #9689213 -

Atheist said:
dont sign up then :shrug:



yeah, obviously i didn't plan it...

the original poster asked "what do you guys think?"

so i told him what i thought.

at least do some research about MRIs and what exactly is in this THC spray and if you still feel comfortable then go for it.


--------------------
:kodama:

Save Shroomerites Anonymous!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I am one lucky bastard [Re: two_rivers]
    #9689222 -

fuck spraying it, im gonna drink the whole bottle

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I am one lucky bastard [Re: timekiller]
    #9689223 -

On the phone w/them now :woot:


--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I am one lucky bastard [Re: two_rivers]
    #9689230 -

THC is  chemical in and of itself and it's also the canabinoid that is illegal.  They will have to study THC's isolated medicinal/health effects before it can be rescheduled for medicinal use.  Take that for what you will... atleast they're studying it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I am one lucky bastard [Re: Cowgold]
    #9689251 -



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I am one lucky bastard [Re: niteowl]
    #9689295 -

Hurry up you guys, you're holding up the line queue.  :crankey:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I am one lucky bastard [Re: two_rivers]
    #9689300 -

two_rivers said:
i wouldn't want to do that shit... a synthetic THC spray?



:whatever:

Quote:
What is the purpose of the research study?
To learn what happens to people when they use Sativex®, an experimental drug that is made from the marijuana plant and is being considered as a treatment for pain.




--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I am one lucky bastard [Re: niteowl]
    #9689307 -

its in Baltimore.. thats wayyyyy too far for me

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I am one lucky bastard [Re: niteowl]
    #9689308 -

They are only testing in Baltimore :crankey:


--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* I am one lucky SOB... RonoS 701 18 09/11/06 05:38 PM
by ToTheSummit
* UPDATE ....A new outlook, thank god..
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 all )
KingOftheThing 13,340 176 12/27/04 05:09 AM
by Shroomehlouah
* WILDERNESS PROGRMAS AND RESIDENTAL TREATMENT HELL *DELETED*
( 1 2 3 all )
ZippoZM 4,912 44 07/17/03 03:03 PM
by Purple Haze
* Started treatment today blueboomers 1,116 17 07/18/05 09:25 PM
by Stonerguy
* Psilocybin treatment against migrains. filthysock 2,276 13 09/09/04 04:39 PM
by Krishna
* Those robbin bastards!!! Phychotron 651 6 12/13/04 04:38 PM
by Shroom_Herder
* Estimated 150,000+ people dead, 5,000,000 homeless
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
Sinbad 27,354 144 01/05/05 10:27 PM
by usefulidiot
* Mickey Hart+Particle=Hydra**Updated With Pics**
( 1 2 3 all )
blissedout 6,182 55 04/28/05 10:28 PM
by blissedout

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,240 topic views. 4 members, 255 guests and 211 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 18 queries.