Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
Psilocybin treatment against migrains.
    #3107973 - 09/08/04 02:32 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Ok... I have a girl... friend... who has migrain problems once a month. She says she feels them starting up again. Supposedly psilocybin cures migrain problems for up to 12 months. How much would an effective dose for curing take? At Erowid there is a document talking about this and the only thing mentioned is the amount of liberty cap mushrooms required for a dose strong enough for curing, not the weight... this is a problem for me because I have p. cubensis, not liberty caps (or whatever latin name they are called, coplandia perhaps? I forget...)
Anyway, what would you reccomend? Dose in weight...

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleLoki
fluid druid
 User Gallery

Loc: Zone ate
Re: Psilocybin treatment against migrains. [Re: filthysock]
    #3107976 - 09/08/04 02:33 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

You need to talk to pinkymanshark, hes well versed in this.

InvisibleLetto
Load Universeinto Cannon. Aimat Brain. Fire.
    #3108016 - 09/08/04 02:42 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Psilocybin mushrooms are supposed to be a treatment for cluster headaches. They are totally different PMS migraines.

http://www.clusterheadaches.com/traits.html

"A typical cluster headache cycle, for an episodic sufferer, most commonly appears during seasonal changes. The attacks generally last 6 - 8 weeks, having anywhere from 2 - 10 intense attacks a day, each one lasting (usually) between 30 minutes and two hours."

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Re: Psilocybin treatment against migrains. [Re: Loki]
    #3108017 - 09/08/04 02:42 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

YEah well I'm geared up to get gowing on this project as soon as possible. So that means within these 10 minutes.

The document I mentioned did say that an average dose on liberty caps was 48 mushrooms, the dose which was enough to cure migrain was 12 mushrooms. Thats a 4th of an average dose. So the 4th of an average dose on p. cubensis would equal up to the same amount of psilocybin (roughly) needed to cure migration. Wouldnt this be a reasonable estimation? Be free to object, but I'm going to boil this tea now, I'll check the post before I go on feeding her the stuff, but as for now I'm giving her the 4th of a dose.

It just seems that a 4th of a dose is so fucking little... but oh well...

--------------------

InvisibleLetto
Load Universeinto Cannon. Aimat Brain. Fire.
    #3108028 - 09/08/04 02:44 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Curing the cluster headaches has NOTHING to do with tripping. It has to do with the medicinal chemicals in the mushrooms. You don't need to trip to get the benefits from it, but I object to you giving her the mushrooms anyways, unless she wants to trip. Her migraines have nothing to do with cluster heacaches.

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: El Emigrante

Loc: Chicago, USA
    #3108029 - 09/08/04 02:44 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

doses for headaches are not alot... i would guess around 1 gram of psilo cubes. overall it doesnt really matter how much you take... but if she doesnt want to trip then she shouldnt take alot ..obviously

Edited by DeepBlue42 (09/08/04 02:45 PM)

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Re: Psilocybin treatment against migrains. [Re: Letto]
    #3108030 - 09/08/04 02:44 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

What I hear is psilocybin can be treatment for migraines and cluster headaches. I also notice that while having a regular slight headache of a regular form psilocybin deletes the headache.

--------------------

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

#3108042 - 09/08/04 02:47 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Hehe... to put it like this she giggled and said she wouldnt mind a few experiencing its effects. But its late and I dont think its apropriate to give her a full on trip right now, lol. So my own adivice is not even a full psychedelic dose, but not a dose too little either.

I'm taking your advice deepblue, 1 gram it is.

--------------------

InvisibleLoki
fluid druid
 User Gallery

#3108048 - 09/08/04 02:51 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I seem to remeber people finding ithelped by using
normal cubensis strains as recreation, so I would
imagen doses are pretty simular to that, I'E starter dose of
1 to 2 grams, depending on size. Hope it works out for her, I
also seem to remember reading thatit doesnt work for everyone.

I def recomment you pm pinksharkmark though, hes a mod in the politics forum. (damn i fucked his name up first time round lol)

InvisibleLoki
fluid druid
 User Gallery

#3108052 - 09/08/04 02:52 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

yeah, go with 1 g

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #3109048 - 09/08/04 06:34 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

The success rate for treating PMS-induced migraines with psilocybin is not as high as it is for cluster headaches. However, many have reported extremely good results from it. I doubt it would keep the headaches away for as long as twelve months, though. The theory as to why it works so well on clusterheads is that it somehow "resets" the hypothalamus to its normal way of functioning, thus preventing the cluster "cycle" from ever beginning.

PMS-related migraine is different, though. No matter how much psilocybin she takes, next month her hormone levels will alter again. Now, they may alter less radically. My girlfriend didn't suffer from PMS-related migraines, but she did suffer from very bad PMS. I talked her into trying about a gram of cubensis aborts. From her description, she reached probably somewhere around a Level two trip, or maybe just under, and her PMS symptoms abated drastically for eighteen months afterwards. She was amazed, I was grateful.

My advice would be for her to take enough to reach somewhere around a Level 1.5 to Level 2 trip. In other words around a gram to a gram and a half of properly dried and stored psilocybe cubensis of average potency. As we are all aware, different batches have different strengths, so the weight is just a guideline. What matters is not how many grams, but what Trip Level is attained. No need to take a Woodstock-sized dose, but from the reports of clusterheads and other migraineurs you have to take enough so there is absolutely no mistake you are under the influence of a hallucinogen. That's why the "Level Two" stage is recommended.

Taking more than that (enough for a Level Three or even Level Four trip) will also work, it's just that it appears not to be necessary.

pinky

--------------------

OfflineWorf
Lt. Commander

Loc: Final Frontier
Re: Psilocybin treatment against migrains. [Re: Phred]
    #3109215 - 09/08/04 07:05 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

So when is the government going to legalize magic mushrooms for medicinal purposes?

--------------------
Kira: What do Klingons dream about?

Worf: Things that would send cold chills down your spine, and wake you up in the middle of the night. No, it is better you do not know

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: Psilocybin treatment against migrains. [Re: Phred]
    #3109676 - 09/08/04 08:31 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

pinksharkmark said:
... she reached probably somewhere around a Level two trip, or maybe just under, and her PMS symptoms abated drastically for eighteen months afterwards. She was amazed, I was grateful.

I wish I was that lucky with my wife. Every month (regardless of her tripping) I'm reminded of the saying, 'If they didn't have a pussy, there would be a bounty on their heads.'

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Offlineagr8fulchick
Feed Your Head!

Loc: Stranded in Iowa
    #3113750 - 09/09/04 03:30 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Best of luck with that! You'll have to let us know how she feels and if it works out for her.  :smile:

I have a number of friends who have migraines, but I guarantee that none of them would ever do shrooms becaues that is a "druggie" thing. So unless it is legalized and put in a little pill, it won't help them out.

I'd be willing to try it though  :grin:

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
    #3114680 - 09/09/04 06:39 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

never heard about this... hmm..

but, liberty caps aren't Copelandia, they are Semilanceata (if you mean the liberty caps growing around Bergen, which I assume you do...)

:smile:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub