Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
I am one lucky SOB...
    #6049602 -

So my contract at my current position is coming to an end, since they are moving to the other side of the country and I opted to stay here.

I haven't sent out ANY resume's and out of the blue I get two offers in one day...
One is for an up and coming Oil Company that is currently positioned to become huge very soon.
The Other is for a large Bank...

I told both jobs about eachothers offers, and now they are in a bidding war for me...for ALOT more than I am currently getting(Why, I don't know)

Then out of the blue...the original company that I am currently working for (Another Oil Company) has offered me a different position that involves about 30% travel to Houston.


Ah...what to do, what to do...

I think I need to pull this horseshoe out of my ass...


--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I am one lucky SOB... [Re: Rono]
    #6049610 -

Ha, must feel kinda nice to be headhunted rather than have to slut yourself out. Hope you get the best deal possible out of it.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I am one lucky SOB... [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6049624 -

I does feel nice...I have done more than my fair share of whoring myself out for peanuts, and was quite frankly starting to get fed up with it.

I'm glad I stuck it out now...


--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I am one lucky SOB... [Re: Rono]
    #6049637 -

Patience and hard work pay off...I say it a lot but I'm still learning that myself.

Back to combing the classifieds for me. :mad:


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I am one lucky SOB... [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6049639 -

I think that of all the people I've met in my day, you definately have as bad of luck as I do.

It's nice to hear things are so good for ya.

Make the right choice.

who luvs ya baby!!


--------------------
-----------------------------------
My Favorite Line:  "I mean, I've had a hand up inside me a time or two, but I'm not a puppet."  




SAVE A DRUM - BANG A DRUMMER!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I am one lucky SOB... [Re: Rono]
    #6049642 -

Hey sweet deal. Travelling sounds like fun. If I were you I might look into that one. But I'm not you...so maybe you have other plans. It's pretty awesome to be awesome, eh?

Let us know what happens!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I am one lucky SOB... [Re: boatlaunch]
    #6049669 -

boatlaunch said:
I think that of all the people I've met in my day, you definately have as bad of luck as I do.




I wouldn't say it's all been bad luck...afterall, I tagged you.  :wink:

Luv ya back. :heart:


--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I am one lucky SOB... [Re: CherryBom]
    #6049674 -

CherryBom said:
Hey sweet deal. Travelling sounds like fun. If I were you I might look into that one. But I'm not you...so maybe you have other plans. It's pretty awesome to be awesome, eh?

Let us know what happens!



The travelling job definitely has it's appeal to me...unfortunately I also have responsibilites in town.
(I.E....my Dog and my girlfriend...niether of which would be happy about me being gone 30% of the time)


--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I am one lucky SOB... [Re: Rono]
    #6049676 -

DBK members get many benefits...


--------------------
:orly:


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I am one lucky SOB... [Re: Rono]
    #6049681 -

you always knew how to make me blush.....


--------------------
-----------------------------------
My Favorite Line:  "I mean, I've had a hand up inside me a time or two, but I'm not a puppet."  




SAVE A DRUM - BANG A DRUMMER!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I am one lucky SOB... [Re: Microcosmatrix]
    #6049682 -

I had no idea the 'DBK secret handshake' carried so much clout.


--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I am one lucky SOB... [Re: boatlaunch]
    #6049685 -

what the frig is DBK


--------------------
-----------------------------------
My Favorite Line:  "I mean, I've had a hand up inside me a time or two, but I'm not a puppet."  




SAVE A DRUM - BANG A DRUMMER!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I am one lucky SOB... [Re: boatlaunch]
    #6049687 -

boatlaunch said:
you always knew how to make me blush.....



replace "blush"...with "moan"


--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I am one lucky SOB... [Re: boatlaunch]
    #6049690 -

boatlaunch said:
what the frig is DBK



It's a long story that leads to nothing of any significance.  :wink:


--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I am one lucky SOB... [Re: Rono]
    #6049695 -

Rono said:
boatlaunch said:
you always knew how to make me blush.....



replace "blush"...with "moan"



You frigger... ya know.... not everyone around here needs to know i'm a squealer!!


--------------------
-----------------------------------
My Favorite Line:  "I mean, I've had a hand up inside me a time or two, but I'm not a puppet."  




SAVE A DRUM - BANG A DRUMMER!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I am one lucky SOB... [Re: boatlaunch]
    #6049822 -

...but now we do.  :grin:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I am one lucky SOB... [Re: CherryBom]
    #6049835 -

yeah, good thing it's all in fun....


--------------------
-----------------------------------
My Favorite Line:  "I mean, I've had a hand up inside me a time or two, but I'm not a puppet."  




SAVE A DRUM - BANG A DRUMMER!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I am one lucky SOB... [Re: Rono]
    #6050132 -

lucky bastard! :wink:

congrats, hope you choose the best one!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I am one lucky SOB... [Re: Rono]
    #6050864 -

Let me know when you land a sweet gig as a lifegaurd in San Diego.  I need someone to watch my back when I'm smoking on the beach! :smirk:


--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Blushing disappreciation noticeofeviction 1,192 19 01/17/11 11:47 PM
by thissongis
* Google the word "Failure" and hit "I'm feeling lucky" EndlessNameless 1,232 14 09/06/06 12:51 AM
by EndlessNameless
* overly strong handshakes
( 1 2 all )
SneezingPenis 4,004 30 11/17/07 06:11 PM
by Penguarky Tunguin
* Firm or light handshake? Epigallo 1,276 19 12/08/08 03:26 PM
by wrestler_az
* Radiohead - Lucky trendalM 722 4 07/04/04 01:37 PM
by trendal
* Lucky Charms? Psilocybeingzz 472 3 03/17/07 03:38 PM
by moon_glue
* Who's been lucky?
( 1 2 all )
polantis 1,450 27 12/29/08 02:16 AM
by Mr_Insidious
* My turtle and why he is Lucky Supernova 825 6 12/21/04 02:42 AM
by JettaJay

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
701 topic views. 2 members, 457 guests and 156 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.