Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
What the... rust???! :o
    #956416 -

Is what I thought to myself when I peeled the tinfoil from two of my jars to innoculate them. On the holes that I had drilled was a dark orangey-brown build-up. On one of the holes it completely covered it and on the others it was just starting to form. I didn't stick it through the one that was completely covered and tried to slide it cleanly through the others. But the odds are it dragged some of the rust through with the needle and those jars are bound to contam. :frown:

Before I had boiled the jars for 30 mins and let them sit for a night. Then I had to let them sit for a second night because my incubation chamber wasn't ready. So, I guess that was long enough for the rust to happen. Another thing that must have contributed was the fact that I boiled them fairly hard. I didn't think it would matter because I wrapped the foil what I thought was really tight. Oh well, it's all still trial and error because I'm a newb.

The good thing is two of the jars came out a-okay. So now I've got two good and two bad sitting in the chamber. After I innoculated, I filled all of the holes on the lids with silicone caulking, and on the ones with rust I tried to shoot extra through the hole. Maybe it will keep the rust at bay. The thing that gets me is that the insides of the jars looked all right. The brf seemed crystally not powdery, but that's how it was when I mixed it. And none of the 4 'cakes' were sitting in a puddle of water or anything.

I'll see how it goes. But most likely I'll end up losing two soldiers in the line of duty. heh heh.


--------------------
"GULF COAST TEXAS SYRINGE! EVERYTHING IS BIG IN TEXAS! Dear Keeper, I send you these pictures and spores so you may pass on this wonderful strain to the world! My cat accidentally ate a spore print and washed it down with 'Keepers Brew' when I wasn't looking. He took a 'DUMP' in your Kit A and before I new what had happened I found these monsters! WHAT THE HELL IS IN THAT BREW!?!? $35.00 + S/H " - SporeTradingPost's 'Keeper': douchebag of the century! [a not so cleverly fabricated testimonial for his website that is only effective in making even his pretend customers look like morons]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What the... rust???! :o [Re: TonyMontana]
    #956444 -

*twenty minutes later realizes that he didn't mark which ones had the rust after he sealed them*  :mad:


--------------------
"GULF COAST TEXAS SYRINGE! EVERYTHING IS BIG IN TEXAS! Dear Keeper, I send you these pictures and spores so you may pass on this wonderful strain to the world! My cat accidentally ate a spore print and washed it down with 'Keepers Brew' when I wasn't looking. He took a 'DUMP' in your Kit A and before I new what had happened I found these monsters! WHAT THE HELL IS IN THAT BREW!?!? $35.00 + S/H " - SporeTradingPost's 'Keeper': douchebag of the century! [a not so cleverly fabricated testimonial for his website that is only effective in making even his pretend customers look like morons]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What the... rust???! :o [Re: TonyMontana]
    #956450 -

dude that sucks just hope it works out for the best.


now that ive said a encouraging word for the day im goin to bed


--------------------
This place is gayer than when the balls touch

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What the... rust???! :o [Re: TonyMontana]
    #956455 -

Rust is harmless

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What the... rust???! :o [Re: TonyMontana]
    #956785 -

Don't worry, mushrooms don't rust.  :smirk: They should be fine. 


--------------------


Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Rust container is ok right??? Visigoth 541 1 02/13/02 06:10 PM
by fresh357
* RUST taibensis 2,710 15 10/12/04 01:20 PM
by tripndicular
* no rust no fuss!!!!! phishyfriend 1,076 3 05/31/02 10:22 AM
by DrAbeLincoln
* Re: Moisture crystals in casing soil? Suntzu 1,711 8 02/14/00 01:05 PM
by Anonymous
* rust, I know its been asked... shaftinmp 413 2 12/01/03 09:53 PM
by shaftinmp
* rust in my casing *pics* Cornelius 1,070 15 09/30/04 09:45 AM
by george castanza
* RUST! Edge 1,290 13 05/26/03 12:50 AM
by Prisoner#1
* Rust Color Contam? Silicon Fumes? Bleh. wicc 1,972 7 08/08/01 03:44 PM
by nestafy

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
926 topic views. 13 members, 95 guests and 119 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.