Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemaximus_sedaius
serious newb needs advice
    #945009 - 10/09/02 08:09 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

ive been reading these forums for a couple of days now...... i put together my setup some 4 weeks ago..... there were problems finding everything......i couldnt find verm well actually i was sold something on the presumption it was vermeculite although it was merely soil with vermeculite in it.......

so here i am with a dozen jars that have a soil brown rice mixture in them and they are beginning to smell like i only know this smell cause my parents used to make wine and it smells exactly like that...... im led to believe that ive lost everything here an entire bunch of jars and everything......

i have all the jars still sealed but the mycelium is...... only in certain spots it isint eating away at the dirt just the rice and well its not the nice cake it should be ive opened one and the nice white mycelium turned grey in a day (let it be known that i was hesitant to do this but tried as a test i didnt remove it from the jar because it didnt shrink the way it was reportedly supposed too.) Now im stuck with this stuff that looks like mycelium but its kinda greyish so im sitting here on this one open jar that has done nothing for the past 5 days it hasnt even been infected by another air borne contaminant as far as i can tell it just turned grey any help will be appreciated

hopefully i can still make something out of it

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineaeonblue
OrganicSpiral

Loc: northeast us
Re: serious newb needs advice [Re: maximus_sedaius]
    #945023 - 10/09/02 08:14 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Hate to tell you, but i would say toss the jars and start again. If you can't find verm, then you might want to try using a whole grain or something. That can usually be found in most places. If you want, you could keep the jars around in a box or something just to see what turns up. You never know.

--------------------
The trouble with our times is that the future is not what it used to be.

Paul Valery

www.dailygrail.com

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
    #945027 - 10/09/02 08:15 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Sounds like you are screwed. Try again with vermiculite.

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

Offlinemaximus_sedaius
Re: serious newb needs advice [Re: dog]
    #945069 - 10/09/02 08:35 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

thhe thing is it took me months to locate those syringes and i combed this city high and low

i bought the last 2 and now there both used and the guy went out of business
i guess im f--kereed then huh

Invisibleblazenaz
Extremist

Loc: Surrounded by an electrom...
    #945107 - 10/09/02 08:50 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Long shot but remove the areas of the cakes you think is myc and make a little poo casing. Don't know what else tell you, sounds like it's back to that not so popular square one...Good luck  :grin:

--------------------
Blaze

Offlinemaximus_sedaius
Re: serious newb needs advice [Re: blazenaz]
    #945116 - 10/09/02 08:54 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

could i do something like a new jar with an isolated piece of white mold (mycelium)????

im sterilizing right now is this the only way to salvage anything???

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #945128 - 10/09/02 09:01 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

The more you play with it the more likely you are to have contams ..................issolate those jars , watch them see what happens and start again with new spores . There are many reliable vendors here that you can get new spores from .
You could always try to use those funkified cakes in an outdoor application , like Moes tek .
Good Luck !
May the Mushroom Goddess bless all your endeavors ! :cool: 

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Invisibleblazenaz
Extremist

#945134 - 10/09/02 09:05 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

yeah, dude has done it with healthy jars but you gotta be really clean and again it is a long shot but it could work if it is myc and not mold.

Are you out of spores?

--------------------
Blaze

Offlinemaximus_sedaius
Re: serious newb needs advice [Re: blazenaz]
    #945175 - 10/09/02 09:21 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

plz leave a link to outdoor tek

Offlinemaximus_sedaius
    #945193 - 10/09/02 09:25 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

right now the plan is this ...

im sterilizing a spoon an exacto knive and a jar lid

i microwaved a jar with some rice and water for 20 min hopefully that will keep it sterile enough.... there is a plate on the top of jar and i wont take it off until i have it in the open oven...... which i will preheat at about 450 when its ready im gonna open it up and use the hot air to shoo away air borne contams....... im gonna grab the nicest white piece from all my jars dig it out with the spoon and cut i nice3 chunk off it with exacto throw it in seal it up hopefully ill be okay afterwards anyone have 2 cents to throw down this is about to go down in about an hour
its 330 central plz respond thx for all the help duders

Invisibleblazenaz
Extremist

#945253 - 10/09/02 09:43 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------
Blaze

OfflineDocPsilocybin
enthusiast

#945321 - 10/09/02 10:09 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I've had good luck making casings from poo.. So IF I was you, this is what I'd do:

I'd find/buy some poo, pasturize it, let it cool, and place it in a small ziplock bag... Then I'd take a bowl, clean it out, dump my Crappy Cake into the bowl, and use a sterile spoon to sift out all the good mycelium from the dirt. Spoon the mycellium into the ziplock bag with the poo in it, and hope for the best. It might not work, but if you do it rigt you just might have some luck. Then once that bag is fully colonized, just spawn a few more bags from that bag and rebuild your supply, then make a few casings.

But like I say poo has been good to me so far. I placed the spoon (still had some mycellium/poo adhearing to it) I used to mix in my mycellium and poo together with inside of a ziplock bag with a bit of pasturized poo and it colonized fine. It was just an experiment to see how unsterile I could be without contams and it impressed me.
It might be worth a try. That's what I'd do myself.

--------------------
You can't hold a man down without staying down with him.
-- Booker T. Washington

Edited by DocPsilocybin (10/09/02 10:15 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale