Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
One area where the internet sucks...
    #9371110 -

Is when you have a symptom you don't understand, anything from a swollen gland, a lump, swelling, redness, sensitivity, any sort of pain however slight; you google it, and then between 30%-90% of the results are about cancer or tumours.

I started worrying needlessly cos I had a swollen lymph node for over two months and one of my tonsils was swollen but without any sign of infection. According to almost all the "health" websites that came I should be "seriously concerned" that I might have a tumour. Some actually made it clear I should seriously prepare for the worst.

What the fuck? While this is good in that it makes you shift your ass and see a doctor, it really causes huge unnecessary worry. Im as laid back as they come and I tell you by the time I got to the doc I was shitting myself! It was absolutely nothing, I had full Ear Mouth Throat examination, ultrasound scans and its nothing, not bacteria/virus.


--------------------
let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: One area where the internet sucks... [Re: mr_kite]
    #9371160 -

Yeah I wouldn't trust the internet with any kind of potentially serious medical or psychological condition...


--------------------
Just say NO to the War on Drugs.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: One area where the internet sucks... [Re: mr_kite]
    #9371946 -

I usually use yahoo answers when I can't find something through google.  Usually other people have asked the same question and has answers by ordinary people.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: One area where the internet sucks... [Re: AmericanPsycho]
    #9371959 -

It's a common thing among second year med students as well... It seems that when presented with several possible reasons for symptoms, people assume the worst. Especially with self-diagnosis.

There were some news articles about it recently.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* .
( 1 2 3 all )
z_x_x_z 10,677 57 03/12/05 09:46 AM
by Society
* Love Sucks *DELETED* Demon 2,582 7 03/05/03 02:13 AM
by HidingInPlainSight
* I suck at dating *DELETED*
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 4,162 23 08/01/04 03:02 PM
by Anonymous
* Why do girls suck so much? (harmless venting) meerkat 2,163 12 09/10/03 11:09 AM
by meerkat
* Hope sucks. StrandedVoyager 811 3 01/24/05 12:41 AM
by Amberisthemind
* Fathers suck.
( 1 2 3 all )
Tasty_Smurf_House 6,461 50 10/30/04 05:47 AM
by Repton
* Girls suck *DELETED*
( 1 2 all )
CrazyShroomMan 3,550 22 02/06/05 06:53 PM
by Society
* people suck *DELETED* 0toxic0 1,477 11 09/05/03 11:07 AM
by Semilanceata

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, Asante, Rose, mndfreeze, yogabunny, feevers, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
507 topic views. 1 members, 3 guests and 2 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 15 queries.