Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
The People's Champ

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (202)-456-1414 Call Me
Hope sucks.
    #3623294 - 01/13/05 02:41 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Juvenile immature whining and stupidity enclosed about girl problems. I didn?t see a post from a youngster such as myself complaining about females in the top couple of threads, so I thought I?d do my part and add this problem I?m having. So here's my couple of paragraphs where I sound like Milo of the Descendants.

So anyway I hate hope, and to put it in a more specific context I hate hope having to deal with one specific girl I know. I?ve known this girl since high school and like in high school I was a total introvert and just wasn?t good times but this girl and I became friends. So like two years later we?ve become like best friends, both of us are really busy but we talk on the phone a lot and our conversations usually last hours (no exaggeration the shortest conversation I?ve ever had with her was three hours on the phone) and I totally go against the male typecast whenever I talk to her because I?m actually listening and I actually care when she?s talking and I?m completely engaged in the conversation. It?s funny because most girls my age completely turn me off, just the immaturity and the fact that a lot of them coked out and completely hysterical usually (don?t get me wrong I have tons of female friends and I?m like the gay friend to a lot of them even though I?m straight, it?s just that I couldn?t imagine being in a deep relationship where I have to say ?I love you? with a straight face to most of these girls) turns me off. However, this girl truly is something special and different, like I could see myself spending the rest of my life with her (damn kids with their stupid inability to comprehend what they?re saying? but I actually mean that).

Okay so why haven?t I made a move or told her how I feel? Ready for the twelve inch Greg Maddux curveball? Here it comes? she?s a hardcore (HARDCORE!!!) Christian, I?m a hardcore (HARDCORE!!!) atheist (or agnostic depending on how well my day is going). She?s a hardcore (HARDCORE) republican conservative, and I?m somewhere in the middle to the extreme far left depending on my opinion of humanity at that given time. She?s never done drugs and well I?m posting this on shroomery.org. So you?re asking yourself ?Dude, why do you even waste your time with this girl? Are you kidding us?? Well it?s because we?re totally like the exact same person, we share a lot of the same views and opinions and just like I?m so into her vibes, I can?t explain it (or this run on-sentence) but I feel differently about her than any person who I?ve ever encountered before. We?re both extremely artistic and have the same emotional sensibilities and have the same sense of humor.

However, given our differences I?ve never made a play for her or told her how I felt because I am so into her that just being close to her is enough to keep me happy (well in some measure) and being one of her closet friends is such a honor for me. Having her trust and respect actually kind of makes life worth living. My new year?s resolution though was that I would never talk to her again just because I feel so strongly about this person that when eventually she gets a boyfriend and all that it would just hurt too much (selfish I know but I have a weird Steve Martin with the big nose complex). But of course I didn?t follow through on my New Year?s Eve and last night I was on the phone with her for over three hours in one of the most psychotic conversations of my life. I was helping her through the fact that this guy that she kind of liked made a play for her (told her that he liked her and tried to kiss her) and she backed him off but felt really bad about it. She kept telling me that she wanted to get into a relationship and how this guy was just like me and I was just focusing on helping her through the emotionally ramifications of what she was going through while in the back of my mind there was a conflict of trying to remember how to tie a noose while wondering if dancing in the street naked for joy would be appropriate for this given moment.

So that?s kind of where it stands, I?m just in complete contradiction. I am totally in love with this girl but I don?t know if risking our current friendship for something more would be the right move. And I?m pretty sure she wouldn?t be into that anyway. I would give up every vice for this girl though, I would never smoke, do drugs, or hang out with the wrong crowd again just for the chance to be with her. I know the smartest thing to do is to just give this time and see where it goes but I really don?t want to miss the chance if the chance if there. I don?t think the chance is there but now the question is on my mind and we come back to the original problem of HOPE FUCKING SUCKS! I was much happier not even thinking about this. Also, I?m scared because it?s obvious that she?s going to hook up with a guy sooner or later.

I don?t know man, this whole thing has completely jaded me on everything for the last two days. I was on a real emotional sober high looking forward to partying this weekend but now I?ve just been sitting around my apartment smoking and listening to the Mars Volta over and over and like I don?t want to do drugs or move or think.

I know I?m being a little bitch but man this sucks.

Oh well, I just wrote this whole thing trying to get this out of my system but I don?t feel any better, haha. C'est la vie, say the old folks, it goes to show you never can tell.

Hi  :scrambled:

My god... it's full of stars...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Loc: Close to the Edge, Down b...
Re: Hope sucks. [Re: StrandedVoyager]
    #3624663 - 01/13/05 08:12 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

My humble advice: go for it man. Let her know that you're interested in forming a relationship with her, don't miss this oppurtunity. Yes it's risking a great friendship but it's also risking losing love to some dude who doesn't deserve her. Don't come on too strong and if she declines you can still attempt staying friend level with her, it sounds like you two have such a connection that any relationship would be hard to deny wether it be friend status or more. If she hooks up with some ass and 5 years later you find out she was infatuated with you you'll want to kick yourself in the forehead. trust me. Formulate some sort of approach and dive in, just go for it & don't wait for the universe to do you a favor, coerce it into your preferred reality. or something like that. i wish you the best of luck

yeeeahh, it's gonna be well wicked

Corn Gone Wrong

#3669504 - 01/23/05 09:58 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

You can tell her what you want, it won't matter. It won't ruin your friendship, at worst she'll just try to pretend that you never said it. You may be alike, you may "dig her vibes", whatever. Right now you're her unconditional emotional support. Someone to love her when she's down without actually giving herself to you. Your political ideologies holding you apart is bullshit, I'm not even going to discuss that one. If you really want her, no half-hearted attempt with a few lines of rehearsed dialogue is going to bring her running into your arms. What will? If I knew that I'd be with the girl in my own situation, not looking for threads on the internet to identify with and vent on.

Punk Bitch
Loc: MD
    #3670570 - 01/24/05 02:41 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Dude, I've grown up around these girls (southern baptist family, in church from the womb till around 17)... they usually have a hard time expressing anything but pure, sweet, unadulterated love, because (and this may just be my case) they've been a bit to focused on the old God and Son thing and not had time enough for any serious thinking about guys until they get out in the world a bit more.

But let me tell you, i know the kind of chick your talking about, the one that you can be your self around, the one that wont mess around, the one i was on the phone with for 4 hours tonight :smirk:. Belief in God aside, they are some great people. If you love her, the change will already have started to take place in your mind, but, do her a favor, lose the friends and habits now, rather then after you spell out your feelings. It'll let you know if your ready to practice what you preach. It'll change hardcore your level of courage about doing this. Or it'll tell you if you still got years of partying to do. Best of luck.

DONT LET THE ONE GET AWAY... there ARE other dudes out there saying the same shit about her somewhere else, if shes that special. So take your time, but don't take forever. I probably told you a bunch of stuff you already knew, but I'm sorta in the same boat. Mine just has more drugs in it :grin: :evil: :grin: :evil: :grin:.

"At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being