Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Things you have learnt for yourself about marijuana use as a long time toker. Share your ideas
    #9211915 -

What are some ideas that took you a while to figure out about weed that you have adopted to your usage?

Here are some things about proper ganja use that I have been learning for myself as a long time tOker:

1) MODERATION!!

2) Old school highs seem nearly impossible

3)long tolerance breaks are tricky

4) weed gives me social anxiety when I smoke a lot

5) weed can be fun socially but alone is very meditating

6)smoking excessively can fuck with your heart

7)smoke after everything is done not before!

8) take days off regularly to avoid fatigue/burnout

9) Be real about cannabis, don't be overly biased about it - it has it's negatives and positives (I think most of use would agree there are more positives with proper usage)

10) There are plenty of mainstream stoners...-to better explain this- when I first started toking I thought most people that smoked weed were into interesting things and music but over time I have learnt that really isn't true, a lot of stoners actually do fall into the jam band cliche or mtv corporate follower of the masses type person if that makes any sense at all...................

:cheers:

Edited by skatealex2 (11/09/08 01:44 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Things you have learnt for yourself about marijuana use as a long time toker. Share your ideas [Re: skatealex2]
    #9211938 -

I totally agree with all of those

mainly 4 5 and 7

I dont reallly have any to add though

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Things you have learnt for yourself about marijuana use as a long time toker. Share your ideas [Re: NobodyImportant]
    #9212405 -

I've learned, about my own marijuana use, that I do better smoking alone. I buy a gram or two at a time, roll them into joints (or maybe use my bong, depending on where I plan to smoke) and go out on a nice day and smoke on joint in a peaceful, quiet location (lately it's been the edge of a cliff overhanging the highway by my house, very amazing view and energy in that place).
I'll usually follow smoking with meditation, or even simply contemplation of whatever happens to be on my mind, watching my thoughts so to speak.

It really is a meditative drug that effects the mind in subtle yet very powerful ways when used in this manner. Listen to the weed and the smoke will speak.
The next time the weather is nice for it, I'm going to experiment with cooking the weed in maybe a firecracker and being alone with it.

I've also learned that weed is a great potentiator of other herbs, such as Wild Dagga and Blue Lotus flowers, among other powders and herbs from the local headshops.

Aside from those enthobotanical uses that I've found for it, I for the most part agree with most of what you say skatealex2, though I haven't been a regular (daily smoker) for about a year now.

Oh, and, when I did smoke every day, I found that different weeds give very subtly different highs.
For example: purple kush gave a "heavy" body feeling and a slower thought process, while a strain around here called "bad brains" made my body feel lighter, almost like it was floating while walking, and a more energetic, adventurous high.

This was back when me and 3 friends used to buy eighths of different weed each night and smoke them all in one sitting, literally every night was a different kind of quality bud(gotta love British Columbia) so we got very up close and personal with each strain.

Weed truly is a wonderful and mysterious plant. None of us should take it for granted.


--------------------
-=-Never Sigh For Better World
It's Already Composed
Played And Told-=-

Science gives a consistent how with an incomplete why.
Faith gives an inconsistent how with a complete why.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Things you have learnt for yourself about marijuana use as a long time toker. Share your ideas [Re: DarkMoon21]
    #9212545 -

Canabis actually had an interesting revelation for me at a party this summer.

Me and all the guys were together, me and my closest friends all having a good time. Some of them were flipping, but i was just smoking like a mad man. A few grams of weed, a bunch of hash and a few waterfalls later in addition to being tipsy i decided to slow down, but after 1 more bowl.

That bowl was THE bowl. Apparently my friend had just smoked salvia and not cleaned the bowl, he just threw weed on top. I'm not sure if it was some salvia resin, or if it was the weed..but regardless, i'll keep doing as i've done and assume it was a bit of everything.

Afterwards I went upstairs and lay down looking at the fan. It kind of resembled a great big glowing sun. Eventually i focused on it and then sort of stopped paying attention to it entirely even though it was all i was looking at. I had the craziest memories regarding myself and my mom from when I was a kid. I sort of realized why I dislike a lot of society these days, its the fact we ignore so much around us. Its the ignorance. I've always disliked arrogant ignorance, and try as hard as I did to avoid it. I think the memory that came back to me was the explanation for my strong feelings towards it.

So yea, besides a bunch of good times, thats what i've learnt about myself from marijuana. I just looked at the title and realized it was learnt for yourself not about yourself and I now feel like an asshat but I figure i'll leave the post.

OP your post is an excellent summary, can't really add anything. Everything in moderation.


--------------------
"We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that our eyes once watered."
-Tom Stoppard

"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."
-Samuel Johnson

I will be a cancer upon you, ravaging all that you love and sundering your beliefs. Then, and only then, once you have fallen so far and are but a shell of that which you once were, I will grant you your every dream.
Only to crush them all before your eyes. You doubted my willpower, you abused my generosity, and now you will recognize my cruelty.
-Anonymous

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Things you have learnt for yourself about marijuana use as a long time toker. Share your ideas [Re: Dude96]
    #9212790 -

in response:

1) I should cut back and take breaks

2) I love when I get old school highs.

4) I normally have social anxiety, if I smoked earlier I'm more social. I dont smoke in public though.

7)I smoke after work is done. Sometimes I like to clean while high lol.


--------------------
▶ I'm on YT ▶

My 10+ year old Lophophoras that I grew from seed make the occasional appearance with lots of other cacti, succulents and houseplants.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Things you have learnt for yourself about marijuana use as a long time toker. Share your ideas [Re: cactastic]
    #9213027 -

* Weed taught me to eat well and exercise

Whenever i felt strung out from weed, ide go to the gym or get a salad and automatically feel better with much less anxiety. I intergrated this into my sober life and now everytime i feel down i do something good for myself, like a jog or a apple..

Moderation is the key, i love it and smoke it everyday but i also exercise and eat healthy daily. I know moderation is the key though, and making every smoke a special one instead of an addiction of sorts..

:potleaf::bonghit::potleaf:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Things you have learnt for yourself about marijuana use as a long time toker. Share your ideas [Re: cactastic]
    #9213078 -

Bimmin said:
7)I smoke after work is done. Sometimes I like to clean while high lol.



Hah!  I love getting good and stoned on a sunny day and just tearing through the house cleaning up.

The focus on details of the task along with the wandering of my imagination is great.  Minor epiphanies abound.

Good points all around, and it can't be stressed enough-- to get rid of stress get your shit done THEN reward yourself.


--------------------
Q: We wanted to see if you had the ability to expand your mind and your horizons... and for one brief moment, you did.
PICARD: When I realized the paradox...
Q: Exactly. For that one fraction of a second, you were open to options you'd never considered. That's the exploration that awaits you...not mapping stars and studying nebulae... but charting the unknowable possibilities of existence.

To carry yourself forward and experience myriad things is delusion. That myriad things come forth and experience themselves is awakening. -Dogen Zenji

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Things you have learnt for yourself about marijuana use as a long time toker. Share your ideas [Re: toastandjam]
    #9213863 -

1) Marijuana should be smoked after your obligatory duties are finnished. This is better for your self discipline, makes the high better, and the job gets done better (yeh even though sometimes doing chores can seem better while high, in the long run this is not the case, especially with really boring mental tasks).

2) wake and bake is only worthy if you are going to continue baking all day.

3) it is possible to be a marijuana addict and have your habit cause great shift in your life and lifestyle. take control and accept your urges as urges, not fancies

4) if someone at a party is annoying you, make sure to wait until they are really drunk and then offer them ganja. annoying people usually go straight for it, those dumb fucks


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Tripping leading to anxiety?
( 1 2 3 all )
ShRo_0My 10,854 45 01/04/21 04:49 AM
by Tom66
* Essential tremor, marijuana, and psychadelics: my disorder
( 1 2 all )
ZippoZM 23,453 34 01/07/13 02:54 PM
by ZippoZ
* Is this anxiety!?!? solid 1,366 6 02/02/03 09:39 PM
by _MarsBars_
* medical advice anxiety or ? occ 1,354 10 10/09/03 08:56 AM
by mr_minds_eye
* FAQ 24. What is, and how can I avoid/reduce come up anxiety? RoseM 4,779 15 04/01/05 01:39 AM
by Rose
* Interested in Negatives of Mushies - Please Share!
( 1 2 all )
Phobos 6,504 31 09/17/02 05:47 PM
by AcursedRedDragon
* herbal, over the counter remedies for anxiety
( 1 2 all )
ShRo_0My 4,320 20 02/13/03 09:20 AM
by ShRo_0My
* Marijuana and Mushrooms StankyBitch 2,342 4 09/07/01 07:27 AM
by Insomnia

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, Asante, Rose, mushboy, LogicaL Chaos, Northerner, bodhisatta
1,039 topic views. 5 members, 26 guests and 100 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.