Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblePhobos
Interested in Negatives of Mushies - Please Share!
    #879756 - 09/12/02 03:57 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Hi, I've done quite a bit of research on a bunch of things, and I personally have grown to start to only believe in the positive aspects of Psychedelics and what they do to your body.

Recently, a friends friend took some mushrooms and has been messed up for a week so far and his family is a mess.

This makes me realize that mushrooms truly do have negative effects, whether people want to believe them or not (sure, he could have had a pre-existing mental illness, but you NEVER know, he might not have).

So what i'm interested in - is anyones NEGATIVE experiences / FACTUAL stories/information that people have about Mushrooms, or other "psychedelics", but mostly focusing on Cannabis and Mushrooms.

Please share, thank you for your time.
And no "I'm an Orange, Peel me" stories please, only facts that you truly know to be true, from first hand experience.

Thank you.

Edited by Phobos (09/12/02 03:58 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAmber_Glow
Sat Chit Anand

Re: Interested in Negatives of Mushies - Please Share! [Re: Phobos]
    #879899 - 09/12/02 05:15 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Probably the only bad thing that has ever happened to me on shrooms is sometimes is just an umcomfortable feeling and a desire for the trip to end, i almost always experience this unease, but only occurs at parts of the trip.

As far as anything else, its a completely enjoyable drug. Most of the time I feel warm and comfortable and like I could be in no better place than here and now tripping.

I haven't even gotten physically sick!

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

#880028 - 09/12/02 06:35 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I probably have gotten as many negatives from tripping as I have positive things ...

First of all, "bad trips" ... I have been almost permanently scarred from this one trip I have taken in particular, last December ... I would pull out the trip report, but it's quite long so I won't ... essentially, it came from poor set and setting ... I have tripped countless times before, but this was the first time eating a 1/4 of Pan Cyan (a reeeeally heavy dose), and I was with somebody who hadn't done it before ... we didn't plan to eat a 1/4 each but we made a calculating mistake ...

Essentially, it was about the farthest you can possibly go on a trip ... rather than reality "distorted" as with most trips, there was NO sense of any kind of reality, just this weird dreamscape which was "real life" ... there was no such thing as "coming back" because I didn't know I was on drugs, I thought it was true reality ... the horrors I experienced on that trip have stayed with me till now, 9 months later ... I could go on for a long time about how this trip changed me, but I won't unless asked to ...

All other negatives from tripping came from true (but negative) realizations about the world and life itself.  Not that it is necessarily BAD, I just feel enlightened but with a depressing connotation.

Generally, as well, I tend to have more than 75% of my trips starting out or ending up entirely bad, due to personal problems ...

However, I continue to trip for a lot of reasons, including a strong desire to venture into different realms of consciousness, be it for better or for worse ...

Sorry for the disorganised state of the post, I have too much to say but don't have the patience to write it all  :smirk:

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
Re: Interested in Negatives of Mushies - Please Share! [Re: HB]
    #880035 - 09/12/02 06:39 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

I could go on for a long time about how this trip changed me, but I won't unless asked to ...

You know you were asking for it!  You have now peaked my interest as well as many others I'm sure.  It's your duty to provide a full trip report at this point!  I've never met anyone who has eaten a full 7g of cyans.  :wink:

Peace 

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
    #880113 - 09/12/02 07:45 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I've had zero negative effects from mushrooms, aside from a bad trip that turned out good. Here it is if you want to read it: 23-Second Scream

I also have had very slight visuals (patterns move slightly like liquid) constantly since I first took mushrooms (which I don't mind at all), but since I stopped smoking weed they have disappeared. I think mushrooms are even more benign than marijuana.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Offlinespliffguru
guru of spliffs

Re: Interested in Negatives of Mushies - Please Share! [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #880419 - 09/12/02 11:13 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I've had many negative thoughts on weed and hash before, making a high not very pleasant. But mostly all my experiences of ended up for the better.

I've restrained from dropping shrooms yet because I don't feel emotionally stable right now. I mean I probably could and would be fine, but why take the risk.

Negative effects of weed-
-loss of breath (I have to get back into excercise, rugby coming up in a few months)
-loss of some short term memory
-sometimes i jumble words easier, like when you're high and mix a word around with another

Nothing serious, and here I am still bunning.

--------------------
There was a point to this message, but it has temporarily escaped the chronicler's mind

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Re: Interested in Negatives of Mushies - Please Sh [Re: Phobos]
    #880500 - 09/12/02 11:46 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

In college I had a rommmate who would completely freak out and become totally paranoid whenever he took shrooms or LSD. He would end up crying and insisting that the cops were going to come and bust him at any moment and trash like that. After a few hours he'd start to come down and then he was OK again. He was so bad that after a few months none of the dealers in town would sell him shrooms or LSD. Other than the freaking out and paranoia nothing bad actually happened, though. It was just really annoying to be around.

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #880508 - 09/12/02 11:50 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Being alive causes people to freak out or have bad experiences. If you are alive and do anything from falling in love to crossing the street you may have negative experiences. That's just what life is.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisiblePhobos
Re: Interested in Negatives of Mushies - Please Share! [Re: Xlea321]
    #880518 - 09/12/02 11:53 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

yes, well generally, you don't dose up on life and end up in a state of disconnectedness for the rest of your life.

Offlinebluesky
mushroom cowboy

Re: Interested in Negatives of Mushies - Please Sh [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #880534 - 09/12/02 12:01 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

CyberChump, I know what you mean by:

"I also have had very slight visuals (patterns move slightly like liquid) constantly since I first took mushrooms (which I don't mind at all), but since I stopped smoking weed they have disappeared. I think mushrooms are even more benign than marijuana."

I can stare at a spackled ceiling or a wooden door or anything with a random pattern and see waves and bulges and other liquid motions. It's also pretty awesome how if you concentrate, you can control the flowing! I pretty much use it for entertainment when Im bored. Although I do get really strange looks from people when they see me staring at the ceiling with my mouth open.  :shocked: :smile: 

--------------------
You're my blue sky, you're my sunny day,
Lord you know it makes me high when you turn your love my way. Turn your love my waaaaaay, Yea.
-Richard (Dickey) Betts

InvisiblePhobos
Re: Interested in Negatives of Mushies - Please Sh [Re: bluesky]
    #880596 - 09/12/02 12:37 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

i've never done mushrooms, but i think i got the watery pattern thing.. just not very much... very very very slight.... sort of swirls, kind of... very very slight... hmm

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

Re: Interested in Negatives of Mushies - Please Share! [Re: mickey_rourke]
    #880786 - 09/12/02 02:50 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

You asked for it ... my trip report done the day after the most unbelievable and frightening trip of my life ... :

My trip report ? all times are rough guesses and I have left out many details as I cannot put everything into words what occurred that night. i have never felt so dead or near death in my entire life. try to look at it through my eyes.

My friend (I'll call him J) came over to my house lasnight, as he was planning on trip-sitting me. I had eight tabs of acid, and was planning on taking one, as this was the first night that I have been able to trip acid for eight months and did not feel ready for my usual 2-4 hit dosage. However, when he arrived he took out a jar of ecuador shrooms (which also turned out to be cyanescens) and said he would be planning on tripping as well (this being his first time).

It got to 12:30 AM and we finally decided to dose. I took one hit of acid (which I later found out was a pretty heavy dose by itself) and a little more than two of the four huge shrooms (which seemed to be roughly an eighth each), and my friend took the rest, though I told him it might be too much for his first time. I knew my dose was pretty extreme but no matter how far I go I never get to the point where I would hurt myself or do anything stupid, I just chill out and wait it out. My mom was asleep across the hall so it seemed like nothing could go wrong if we just chilled in the room. As I have not eaten for roughly a day before the trip, it came on quickly and heavily.

By the 30 minute mark I was convinced I was peaking because it was already so powerful, and my friend was tripping pretty hard as well. I was sitting at my computer trying to talk to a friend who was tripping on two hits of acid, but I was not able to respond to his messages because my body was too lazy to move whatsoever -- typing in words was a real effort so I just turned off the computer and hung out with my friend. Truly, typing was so hard it was almost unbelievable.

I could tell he was pretty nervous, though he kept saying he was having fun (even though I knew he wasn't). The trip kept getting progressively harsher, quickly, and I knew I was in for something really heavy that I have never experienced before. The truth is I had no idea what I was in for.
By the first hour, I was tripping harder than all previous trips on mushrooms and acid, and I could tell my friend was scared, though he was very introverted. My room was extremely intimidating (for lack of a better word) and I kept saying how sorry I was to my friend for how bad this trip was turning out. Time became extremely slow, almost at the stopping point. I would constantly look at the clock but would become distracted knowing I didn?t know at all what the terms ?minutes? and ?hours? meant and I quickly forgot how long ago we dosed, so it was hard for me to determine how much time we had left.

By 2 AM or so, I was having severe double vision and open-eyed hallucinations which scared me a lot, and my friend was on my bed though I could not see him clearly because my vision was so out of focus. My vision truly was becoming one large, flowing hallucination. The beauty I usually get from the intense colors was replaced by the intensity of how simple and undetailed everything was.

I couldn't tell if my friend was crying or what, I just saw this body lying there, and him whimpering about how strong this trip was and I really agreed. However, I thought it could not POSSIBLY get stronger, and kinda chilled out until I realized it WAS getting stronger, a lot stronger. I'd guess at about 2:20 - 2:30 AM (my eyes were too fucked up to verify this time) my friend was on the bed crying hysterically and screaming things like "What the f*** is happening to me? Where am I?!" and at this point I could tell I was too far gone to help him though I tried my best. He was having too horrible of a crisis for me to truly realize how far I was going myself.

I looked at the clock to try and find out how long we had left so as to reassure my friend that we would be back to normal eventually, but I realized that minutes and hours truly meant NOTHING and I could not associate words with meanings, I realized I had gone insane. I was CONVINCED I would never come back, the thought of a reality ever existing before the trip was not possible. I forgot how to go sleep, or eat, and at this point I can clearly remember that I was sure I was about to die or just never return, and my reality rapidly changed. I remember thinking that I really forgot how to go to sleep or eat, and figured I was either already dead or would die eventually but wouldn?t realize it. My open-eye visuals weren't just visuals now, my entire room turned into a hallucination. I walked around mindlessly in the room which seemed so alien that I did not know where I was, scared beyond comprehension. I could clearly see my computer, with a wall where a window was supposed to be, and the door to my hall, but I didn?t know the door lead anywhere. I ?knew? that the room we were in was how life really is, just a false reality, everything felt so fake that it scared me. I forgot my friend's name and my name, and that I ingested a drug. My trip STILL became stronger and stronger, visually and especially mentally.

Now I realized I had lost all grip on reality and ran around my room hoping to find something to grasp onto and keep myself from completely losing my mind. I could see objects around my room, such as magazines, but they were all "mutated" and were also very frightening as I now knew I could not even see the cover of a magazine. I walked in circles, truly mindlessly, not realizing I was walking in the same path and thinking the same frightening thoughts over and over. My room became more and more "simplified" as everything lost detail, it was all solid blocks of color which meant nothing to me. This just intensified the scary thoughts of how FAKE everything was, it was all just props.

My friend told me he NEEDED the phone to talk to somebody, anybody, but I could not see a phone. I finally found it, and he told me to dial a number though I could not see buttons on the phone -- numbers also meant nothing to me so I pushed randomly and somehow reached his friend Dean whom he was calling. Was it really Dean, I will not know, all I kept hearing from the other side of the phone was this truly FRIGHTENING maniacal laugh, which I assumed was some sort of God or higher power that laughed at the fact that I was in the TRUE world and couldn?t deal with it. I repeatedly attempted to ask my friend if he also felt like he would never come back, and his answer was always the same ?I can?t live life like this.? Since the idea of my old life was really too far back to even be able to think about, all I knew was where I was. There are so many details I cannot explain which I would if I could, but they are almost all just feelings which I cannot explain.

This was nearing the harshest, scariest moment of my trip (and my life). Now, I forgot my friend existed, and could not see or hear him (though I found out he was still screaming). My ENTIRE concept of reality was GONE. I was positive I was either dead or had completely gone to another realm of existence where everything was simplified and very primitive -- at the most intense part of the peak my room was reduced to nothing more than a square with solid-colored objects, and my vision became very slow, I would only see one "frame" every few seconds. I began to "see" and "talk to" beings which did not exist, yet were ?there.? They were saying things about how far into the true simple reality I was, and they kept talking in complete circles. Everything they ?said? really scared me so much I can still feel how scared I was. Things were just so fucking SIMPLIFIED, it is truly unbelievable and I just cannot explain the feelings I had realizing the new reality I was in. Time was distorted so that each frame of vision felt like truly FOREVER and I just was positive I would never come back ?

This lasted for a really long time, and I just dealed with understanding that life would never be the same for me again. That the reality I was in was real and the rest of life is all a stage and props. Everything was just too pure, too simplified, too INSANE for me. Mentally I felt like I was collapsing, a quick downward spiral. Never on any dose of any other drug have I ever even gotten CLOSE to how far gone I was. Everything was an endless circle and pattern, I just really could not deal with it at all, but I was also so far gone that the concept of suicide luckily never even occurred to me.

At a certain point I just kinda got out of that absolutely intense stage and heard my friend still screaming for somebody to help him. Nothing I could do would help him, and so I gave him the phone. He wanted me to call his mom, and so I did my best to push the buttons and call but figured that since we were in this new, real reality, we could never again reach all the people left in the ?old world.? I thought that everybody else really just disappeared, that calling a person on a phone would never do anything, because a phone is just a prop. I thought about how could people possibly use these phones to talk to one another, when everything is so fake? When I thought about my mom across the hall, I felt as though she was fake too. EVERYTHING was just fucking fake. These thoughts were unbearable ?
I told my friend it was a horrible idea but he called his mom and told her as best he could that we were on magic mushrooms and that he needed her to pick him up. Every second after that call he would yell out, in this little kid?s frightened voice ?My mom is coming, my mom is coming, I can hear her car, she?s coming? and he would just repeat that. I can totally sympathize with him, as I remember when I was very young and was at a friend?s house for a sleep over I?d get extremely home-sick and want my mom to come get me. I felt horrible for him. He realized he was fucking my life over and fully apologized for it.

Well he said he heard a honk (I think I heard one too) and I walked downstairs alone, he was wrapped up in many blankets on my bed, just freaking out. I at first saw nobody outside, but then I heard a loud pounding on the door, and I thought it was the police, and that we were going to jail for a long time. I felt like I had gone so completely insane that getting arrested didn?t scare me, I was just a mad person. But I opened the door without realizing the alarm was on, and then quickly turned it off. My friend?s parents looked at me and demanded to know what was going on, what we were smoking, etc., and though I could hear what he was saying I did not know how to reply to him, words made no sense to me. I just said ?nothing? and went up to my room to get my friend, but he said he wanted them to come upstairs. Then I walked back into my hall and down the stairs, and saw my mom coming as well (oh fuck). I took the parents upstairs into my room, where they got my friend up and out of bed, and he did not even know how to put his pants on, he was so scared, so they helped him, and then quickly took him out the door without really saying so much as a word.

I knew I was in for it. My mom was fucking beyond pissed, she was scared, and I later found out she spent the entire night thinking the parents would call the police on us. She yelled and screamed and kept calling me a druggie, a failure, I would never go anywhere in life, I was going to be pulled out of my school, no more driving, no more seeing friends, no more art, NOTHING, my life would come to an absolute standstill. As I was still too fargone on the trip to be able to comprehend what kind of life I was in for, I just kinda sat there and felt really horrible, beyond belief. My mom asked me where the rest of the mushrooms were. Since I really did not know how to talk I just said ?there wasn?t much to begin with? and she repeated the question though I was really mentally unable to answer her. Then she asked ?where did you get the drugs from?? I kinda looked down, trying to think where I got them from but couldn?t for some reason realize the kid grew them, so I said ?random people.? She said ?Who?!? I said a few names of my friends without realizing they had no part in this, the kid grew the mushrooms. She was pissed and started going off on a rant about how my life was over. I have nothing to look forward to. I am a complete failure. And everything she said REALLY got to me, unbelievably harsh, it just bothered the FUCK out of me. I walked back to my empty room, and on the way I saw my Christmas tree, unlit, with blank presents under the tree. The tree, being unlit, reminded me so much of how much I fucked my life over, how my mom thought of me as a failure, how I could never again enjoy just being happy and joking with my family. The presents, which no longer had labels or designs, just plain prop boxes, also reminded me of how much I fucked up. I wished I was dead, and that thought stayed with me for the rest of the night.

I got into my bed, and felt the loneliest and saddest I think I have ever felt in my entire life. Still, NOTHING made sense, and I was positive I would never come down, I had permanently lost my mind. Only the worst and scariest possible thoughts would go in my head, and they were on an infinite loop.

My room was barely lit by this little candle, and I looked at my table that had this little prop toy of a tiki figure, and I clenched it, hoping it would bring back any reality at all, and I eventually fell asleep, still clenching it ?

What happened the next morning, as in my punishment and talk with my mom, is unimportant, I just felt I should clear up all the rumors running around the forum.

Every night now I can?t sit in my bed or in my room without thinking back to the horrible thoughts and feelings I had that night, and I can never look at my room the same way again.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #880842 - 09/12/02 03:11 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

I just dealed with understanding that life would never be the same for me again

*dealt  :cool:

Damn ignorant old people shouldn't be allowed around trippin people.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

Re: Interested in Negatives of Mushies - Please Share! [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #880849 - 09/12/02 03:16 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

lol ... the day after the harshest few hours of my life, I didn't care much about grammar, it seemed quite trivial  :wink:

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
    #880880 - 09/12/02 03:32 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Very intense trip. It almost reminded me of the time I decided it would be slick to eat a 10 strip... Anyway, I have one question. Did your friend "J" decide to ever trip again? What happened to him anyway (parents, etc.)?

Peace

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

Re: Interested in Negatives of Mushies - Please Share! [Re: mickey_rourke]
    #881529 - 09/13/02 07:26 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I haven't really talked to him since ...

He didn't get in trouble with his parents, they just threw away his grow setup ...

I myself was in a whole lot of shit ...

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

#881535 - 09/13/02 07:28 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Jesus.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

InvisibleSoFarNorth
Hindu BuddistInitiate
Loc: Far away from here
    #881595 - 09/13/02 07:57 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Interesting topic...well, for me the negatives have been:

Weed:

- paranoia (when, oh when will legalization come?)
- the occasional (every 18 months or so) 'panic attack' that comes from a too much, too soon smoke out...
- munchies..eating *that* much just cannot be good for a person...:>)

Shrooms:
- Watering eyes
- uncontrollable laughter on occasion

Not so bad, eh? I can think of many worse neg's for alcohol....personally and other...

--------------------
"Those that would sacrifice essential liberties for some temporary safety deserve neither."
Ben Franklin

OfflineRaadt
nicht

Loc: azurescending
    #881926 - 09/13/02 10:55 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I had a bad stomach ache, while I was tripping. This gave me mental pictures, of my stomach ripping, and insides bleeding. 3 days later, i was still checking my stool for evidence of blood.. and worrying everytime i didn't feel right. I was really scared. During the trip, i ended up throwing up, crying etc.... it was just bad.

--------------------
Raadt

-- The information I provide is only information from readings, growing of gourmet mushrooms, and second hand stories--

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #882379 - 09/13/02 02:34 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

the only negative ive ever encuntered with shrooms was coming down..... i hate to come down, back the "fake" world..... i hear ya heavenlyblue.... this worls is just a big set up, sorry to hear about your trip, im glad you got out of it with out hurting yourself or someone else.....i myself get the same way on high doses....though i never ate that many, and never had acid either, but i like that feeling.....why does everything have to be so complicated anyway? .....but i guess when you get oversimplified such as in the described trip it can be a bit frightning.....

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #882928 - 09/13/02 07:20 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

And have you both learned not to take too big a dose?

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisiblePhobos
    #883066 - 09/13/02 08:31 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Noone is seeming to have any "permanently fucked up" stories, hmm

Offlinegrowin
addict
    #883343 - 09/14/02 02:08 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

1st story is of a friend who never even got drunk and ate some acid and a week later some E, and then shrooms and some more acid.
he got totally crazy, had hallucinations of deamons telling him to dig a hole and spent a week or so digging one.
he thought of commiting himdself to a psycheatric hospital, but he decded not to since he was about to enrole very soon, and if he would commit himself he wouldnt be able to serve in the army.
after a while the skyzo effects passed.

2nd story is a friend who was a closed person (mentaly and emotionaly).
he took some acid with a bumch of people who didnt tell him nothing about i. he didnt know what to expect. they went to a party and they came back home while he was still trippin. he was home alone trippin his balls and paranoia started to take place. he got totally scared and ran out of his house in a sunday at 6 AM shouting 'IM STUVK ON A TRIP! IM STUCK ON A TRIP!'. he ran to his best friend's house with underwear on him falling in the mud. the best friend's mother opend the door seing him with underwaer coverd with mud asking to see their son.
the friend then calmed the tripped off man and took him to a nice morning walk.
the triped off guy realy got scratched from this trip. the next day he anounced he belived in god. a bunch of bullshit.

what i learned from these two cases - if u decide to do psychdelics do it graduatly and try to know what ur going into.

a growin original

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

#884794 - 09/16/02 03:21 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

In 1970 somebody put some LSD in a drink and gave it to Billy Cox (Jimi Hendrix's bass player in Band of Gypsies), who had never taken any drugs. He was a vegatable for the next two weeks, and by the time he came down, Jimi Hendrix was dead.

--------------------

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
    #886860 - 09/16/02 09:37 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I feel I have a pretty strong mind, as I can tolerate many emotions/ideas/thoughts. I can not forget the experiences I have had on psychedelics (mostly mushrooms). I have seen some very scary things. I have been able to eventualy make sense of my trips, however sometimes it takes months before I come to any specific revelation. Several times after ingesting mushrooms I have become incredibly depressed, almost to the point of being suicidal.

Most of the experiences that have etched my being were done while ingesting large ammounts of mushrooms, usually about 7 grams. I consider myself to be stable, especially in regards to how unstable I have been in the past.

I urge anyone/everyone to be careful and to understand the risks envolved in ingesting psychedelics. I especially think that one should consider any mental illness or depression in their family to indicate an increased risk in participating in psychedelic voyages.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

OfflineTeKHeAD009
Stranger
    #888016 - 09/17/02 09:27 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Sorry, double posted - I hit stop to fix a spelling mistake.

Edited by TeKHeAD009 (09/17/02 09:31 AM)

OfflineTeKHeAD009
Stranger
    #888021 - 09/17/02 09:29 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

---Mini trip report---
My girlfriend, a friend, and myself once tripped together. It was my girl, and our friends first trip. Things started out alright, but turned ugly 3 hours on the dot at the peak. Our friend got so frightened, and nothing I did helped her as much as I wanted to help her. She forgot everything - her name, her past, etc. I'm not sure what happened next, but she became very loud and crazy. She started throwing stuff, kicking, punching, slapping, spitting, cursing. She became the complete opposit of what she normally is. We had to hold her down to keep her from wrecking the place and hurting us. It was like she was posessed. It eventuially tapered off and she 'fought' to get back to reality. At hour 6 - she was "alright". She at first had no recolection of the previous 3 hours. Then it slowly came back to her.

Thats the worst thing that I've ever witnessed first hand from a trip. It was scarry, I didnt think she was comming back for a while their. I can tell you that she is completely normal now - I think.

Offlinepsychomycul
Praise me for Iam great

#888565 - 09/17/02 12:35 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I think I'm the only one with a real negative affect of mushrooms. I had the closest to death experience I've ever had on mushrooms.
ONe night I decided to dose it up, not too big dose, it was fun. Then at the end right when the wall wavering just stops, you know what I"m talking about, that terrible feeling you get cuz you know it's gone. Anyways I decided double my dose and redose. Since I hadn't had any sleep that night and it was 9 in the morning I laid down. A half hour later I woke up kind of, barely able to see more then an area a pin prick wide. I was gasping for air but i jsut couldn't get any. I could feel my self slowly fading away then finally I got some air in. for the next 1.5 hours I'd lay there with my lungs completely stopped and suddenlly my lungs would start to like ceizure and I couldn't breathe in. I'd have to force breath into my lungs. Eventually it went away

--------------------
It's All about the music

Offlinepsychomycul
Praise me for Iam great

#888599 - 09/17/02 12:45 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

That's not the end of the story.  After that I decided to quit for awhile, maybe it was a bad batch or something but i needed to quit.  Awhile goes by and a friend and i decide, ah, sounds like fun.  So i weigh it out, I  had about 1/8 and he had about 2/8.  It was amazing, the most potent mushrooms I've ever had, that's a story in it self.  10 minutes I was grillin.  30 it was full blown.  I peaked for 2 hours hardcore, then i started to come down, I was able to at least move around without falling over.  then 4.5 hours into it, I'm still have extreme visualisations and it kicks n again.  I'm laying down and my lungs jsut don't breathe anymore.  It's not that they can't they jsut don't.  Not wanting to frighten mmy friend who is still fry off his ass I decided to go out in the other room and keep from relaxing.  My vison was still so wigged out that I couldn't do anything so i jsut sat there.  for 1.5 hours my lungs would not breathe by themselves.  I had to conciouslly breathe.  If i started to get tired I'd stop intentionally breathing and I'd be gasping for air.
It was amazing but since that day I'll never do mushrooms.  My precious Mushrooms :frown:

--------------------
It's All about the music

Offlinepsychomycul
Praise me for Iam great

#888616 - 09/17/02 12:49 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Adding on to that, rather then having to rexplain everything in a different room I was wondering if anybody has experienced any similar mushrooms. I'm not exactly sure what strain but I believe B+. I had been on vacation and when i came back it looked as if they'd been sporulating for 2 mabye 3 days, a normal sign of degenerated potency. 1/8 was easily comparable with 3/8. The trip was incredibly disiorienting and my vison bubbled for nearly 3 hours after i finished peaking. These were extreme visual bubbles too, like i was still peaking harcore.

--------------------
It's All about the music

Offlineleafblowerz
Shroom mumbler
Re: Interested in Negatives of Mushies - Please Share! [Re: psychomycul]
    #889064 - 09/17/02 04:14 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

One time at the theater a bad case of the Hershey's Squirts. Glad I made it to the restroom. Woulda cleared the theater.

Leaf

OfflineAcursedRedDragon
Legacy ofBrutality
Loc: Opium Den
Re: Interested in Negatives of Mushies - Please Share! [Re: psychomycul]
    #889294 - 09/17/02 05:47 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

thats pretty scary, fuck now im gonna think about that when i trip next..DAMN YOU!!!

My worst experince was on MJ, i was having a severe panic attack my heart rate was around 200bpm at one point my chest came out over a inch i had no idea what in the fuck was going on...like a week afterward my heart was still hurting and i felt weak for the longest time, and then a month later i tried smoking bud again and once again it happend but not as bad...and every time i smoked it happend again...so i just gave up bud all together...

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom