Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesolid
Stranger
Is this anxiety!?!?
    #1269468 - 02/01/03 10:07 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I... am Justin. Howdy!

In the summer of 2002 two days before school started i experienced hell, later what i came to know as not just a bad trip but a really bad trip. heh. I took two tabs of weak acid (pyramids) 3.3 grams of dried mush orally about 2 hours before having the trippiest sess's of my life .. damn that car was boxed.  Before smoking the marijuana i was feeling fine screaming and dancing in the back seat of the car, i loved it. Then we smoked what i would imagine was probably around 3 grams of weed in a very short period of time ( ? 20 mins ? ). This was the last time i remember feeling like myself, or what ive come to know now as the old me. My head felt terrible for a second the mush was causing extreme consfusion. We dropped our dealer off at his house and as soon as he left i went off the wall.  I felt like i was having a heart attack i was experiencing extreme chest pain and as i was doing that i was having visions of my body getting ripped apart in specific ways to cause the pain. My friends drove me to a dusty path off the side of a road. I sat in the back seat in a living hell i said goodbye to them because i KNEW i was going to die. Then the cops came and drove by us on the dirty road to signal us to go .. my friend took off  :shocked:  :confused: :shocked:. We went and parked at a train station. I got out of the car and ran into a field about 200 yards from the car and fell down, I couldn't get up. I could hear my friends screaming and laughing in the car but the world around me was melting and distorted i felt like a bumb. 2 in the morning laying in a field unable to get up or function properly. Eventually i got up and went back to the car. We drove back to the cars owners house and slept. Well, I didnt. Well summer ended and grade 10 started. I just started to get used to it and than 2 weeks in I had another interesting experience. I woke up laying in a pile of my own blood unable to move with my other friend laying in front of me in a familiar intersection by my house. A car had hit us going through an intersection. I was in the hospital a while and then when i got out this feeling in my chest had not gone away. It is just in between where the ribs split apart in the middle of the chest, the spot that hurts if you get punched in. So i consulted a physician. This lovely old genius prescribed me Effexor ( venlafaxine ). Feelings in chest went away slightly until i started smoking weed again. The feelings stay until this day and my head feels completely messed up. I feel like a zombie with no emotions, except ofcourse for worry and missing the shit i used to do constantly hanging out with friends, smoking, having a good old time.. etc. Can someone please tell me is this anxiety and since Effexor has not been effective in treating it.. what could be? :crazy:    

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Is this anxiety!?!? [Re: solid]
    #1269528 - 02/01/03 10:24 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I'm no doctor, so don't mistake this for some kind of real official diagnosis, because rofl, it sure isn't, but it sure sounds like anxiety to me, which often stems from self-confidence issues :wink:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineAbsolut_B
Just some guy

Loc: In my pants
    #1269748 - 02/02/03 12:26 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I would definately say anxiety is part of your problem. If you have some other physical injury, even a slight one, it will feed the anxiety more and more. Without knowing more about your situation, and with the wide variety of information you supplied, it is hard to say that "this or that" is causing your anxiety. My best advice is to lay off the mind altering substances for a period of time and if you insist on using them again, try to figure out which ones cause you the most problems. While mushies and such can fuel the fire, consistant pot use could be even worse. Just my opinion, and I'm sure I'm wrong....

btw you mention starting grade 10. If this means you're that young in age you might want to reconsider your use of mind-blowing drugs, I couldn't imagine going through high school while trying to deal with the impact of mind expanding substances.

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
Loc: BC
    #1269753 - 02/02/03 12:30 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

yah, it's anxiety

From personal, ongoing experience, don't think and 'miss' the old days....it gets you depressed. And that my friend, will make your anxiety worse

As strumpling said...also comes from self confidence issues

That was my problem. I thought to much. I still do...and I try to catch myself. I remember the good old days(only like 5 months ago)...when I could smoke 6 grams of high quality bud like nothing. And still want more. Add to that a couple hits of lsd.
Now....I can take like 4 tokes...and yah...bad anxiety. I haven't tripped yet since...so I don't know what will happen than.

But I dug myself into a hole thinking like this...it gets a person depressed. Just live on from the moment..right here..right now. Ok...theres a problem...you'll learn to fix it. I know I will. Right now...I feel good. No thoughts of the past man. Think like this.

Wish you luck...and get off the medication. May be just personal opinion, but I don't feel it is really good for a person. Does more harm than good.

--------------------
I saw my mind do warp 10, hit the brakes, put it in reverse and back all over me

OfflineKilljoy
TheHyperdimensionalSlug

#1270275 - 02/02/03 08:02 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

If this is bad advice, then I guess I'm a bad person:

I would suggest taking a psychedelic such as mushrooms in an ego-death dosage (4 or 5 dried grams should do).
When you are on them, wait for the anxiety to crawl up your ass, and then deal with it head on.  I did this with my last trip because I was feeling like I couldn't breathe, which is where my anxiety and any panic attacks I have come from.  What actually happened is that I took a shower near the end of the trip and my mouth melted shut (they were pretty decent mush).  I thought logically about what was going on, and when I realized that I was not going to die from the experience (since worst case scenario would be you forget HOW to breathe, pass out, and your body starts breathing for you again), I was over my anxiety problem.

Only think when you have to.  That's my new motto.  Don't think about shit like what your ex-gf is doing right now, or how badly you think you did on a test, or how you think someone must hate you...  Just deal with what's in front of you, like a mouse gathering food :smile: .  Just keep in mind that you can also stand on your hind legs and see the entirety of the plains, and even the mountains in the distance whenever you need to.

Offlinesolid
Stranger
    #1270638 - 02/02/03 10:18 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Alright, thanks alot guys.

Offline_MarsBars_
Punkin' Shroomer

Loc: Norway
Re: Is this anxiety!?!? [Re: Killjoy]
    #1272357 - 02/02/03 11:39 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Killjoy, wow...! You dont have to be a doctor to say that or think that, but the simplest advice works wonders.

--------------------
Dont take drugs to get fucked up, take psychedelics to learn...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience