Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTanzee86
Stranger

Efexor XR (Effexor or Venlafaxine) Drug interactions?? What's safe to mix?
    #9389970 - 12/08/08 02:38 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Hi Shroomies... I'm just after some advice regarding my recreational drug options for the coming New Year celebrations.

My concern is that I am currently taking 300mg daily of Efexor XR (time release capsule version of Effexor - same stuff) and I am unsure about what is safe to mix with it. Effexor is an SSNRI which I believe may react badly with, or nullify the effects of, other drugs.
Experiences so far:
Ecstasy: I had an e when I was on a lesser dose of 150mg but I didn't feel the e as much as my companions and I had a hell of a come down... really fast and hard heartbeat among other mental things.
Acid: I had 1/2 an acid tab and felt NO EFFECT at all from that.
Marijuana: Seems to be just fine other than that sometimes my heart doesn't feel great... but only when I smoke A LOT... could purely be be the pot rather than the interaction of the two drugs
Mescaline: I've had two trips with effexor... first one was my first cactus trip and was fabulous (i was on 150mg) and the second trip (at 300mg) was HORRIBLE... vomiting, terrible headache, feeling dizzy, not even much buzz... a terrible experience.

Anyway there is a lot of conflicting info out there so I'm hoping someone can share their experiences with me... of any theories if you know your science/bio.

What drugs do you think would be okay? Feel free to list any I haven't mentioned above....

Cheers guys

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleit stars saddam
Satan

Loc: Spahn Ranch
Re: Efexor XR (Effexor or Venlafaxine) Drug interactions?? What's safe to mix? [Re: Tanzee86]
    #9390026 - 12/08/08 03:03 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Effexor, huh?  Throw that shit in the fucking trash.

OfflineNoteworthy
Sophyphile
 User Gallery

Re: Efexor XR (Effexor or Venlafaxine) Drug interactions?? What's safe to mix? [Re: it stars saddam]
    #9390038 - 12/08/08 03:07 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

effexor sounds like an intense thing for a doctor to give a person

--------------------

Invisibleit stars saddam
Satan

Re: Efexor XR (Effexor or Venlafaxine) Drug interactions?? What's safe to mix? [Re: it stars saddam]
    #9390048 - 12/08/08 03:11 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Oh, and once you do, you might begin to notice seemingly random electric shocks in the center of your brain.  Those will go away eventually.  Enjoy, and stay the fuck away from psychiatrists in the future.

Invisibleit stars saddam
Satan

Re: Efexor XR (Effexor or Venlafaxine) Drug interactions?? What's safe to mix? [Re: Noteworthy]
    #9390066 - 12/08/08 03:22 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Noteworthy said:
effexor sounds like an intense thing for a doctor to give a person

"Intense."  I suppose that's one way of putting it.  The amount of harmful side effects which result from Effexor and other SNRIs are far too numerous for me to even attempt to list, let alone describe.  However, doctors are downright indiscriminate in handing it out.  It's too bad anti-depressants weren't fairly benevolent, recreational drugs: it would be an extremely easy habit to support, as all you have to do is have a bad day to get a handful.

Oh well.  This is nothing that hasn't been said before.

Further reading, if anyone is interested:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effexor

OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

Loc: 0.0.0.1
    #9390079 - 12/08/08 03:26 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah throw that shit out.  If all the crappy shit that happens when you take it, or stop taking it, isn't enough,  The fact that it makes orgasm nearly impossible is enough for me.

OfflineNoteworthy
Sophyphile
 User Gallery

Re: Efexor XR (Effexor or Venlafaxine) Drug interactions?? What's safe to mix? [Re: Innoculus]
    #9390088 - 12/08/08 03:29 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

the physiological withdrawal to effexor seems one of the worst, from the reports on the net.. even the physiological effect while taking them. sleep patterns, appetite, attention, headache, drymouth, bowel changes, etc, etc seems rude to put someone though

--------------------

OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

Re: Efexor XR (Effexor or Venlafaxine) Drug interactions?? What's safe to mix? [Re: Innoculus]
    #9390120 - 12/08/08 03:44 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Yep.  That shit'll make you wish you were dead.

Offline5HTSynaptrip
Dopamine Enthusiast
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USA Flag
    #9390963 - 12/08/08 09:11 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I was put on that shit over a year ago.  It made my blood pressure skyrocket and I had the worst migraine headaches of my life. 

Not to mention after being on it 8 months, coming off was hell man.  I've never been more emotional or depressed in my life.  Most people instantly disregard antidepressants, I'm not one of them.  I have been on many sadly, and in retrospect they helped but honestly they created even more emotional challenges in the end and/or problems.  SSRI's killed my libido for quite some time and after taking them I had anxiety attacks, something I never had before them. 

Now, the only thing I take is mirtazapine with St. John's Wort and 5HTP.  I sleep great, have no anxiety and eat like a horse.  I do multi-day drug holidays from it to trip because it is a very potent 5HT2 agonist, and no joke, it entirely nullifies tripping for me.  I've eaten 5 grams after being on it for months and didn't feel jack but slightly energetic. 

Doctors are quick to prescribe these powerful drugs, drugs that alter brain chemistry in ways we "think."  The empirical evidence for most psychoactives is always what people believe and that encompasses things we have no clue about.  In the end mirtazapine may even be the worst of them, who knows since it is such a new drug.

So, I know you may not want to hear it but just speaking from my own experience, unless your depression is so severe you're incapacitated you should do some research on effexor.  It is bad in my opinion.  So many drugs seem like fluoxetine rip-offs so big pharma can make $$. 

Sorry for ranting, I'm drinking my morning coffee.  For interactions I was on a slew of things when I took effexor.  Anabolic steroids, cannabis, cocaine, opiates etc... I never had any crazy interactions except my BP being affected certainly by both effexor and the roids.  Never did psychoactives but with the other antidepressants I've been on I have and mainly, the effects are always greatly diminished.

St. John's Wort seems to make my trips much much more pleasant.  I randomly will have a trip that is so blissful it puts MDMA to shame.  This is all speculation though through trial and error.

--------------------

Science is a way of thinking much more than it is a body of knowledge. - My hero, who will be forever remembered, Carl Sagan.

OfflineTanzee86
Stranger

Re: Efexor XR (Effexor or Venlafaxine) Drug interactions?? What's safe to mix? [Re: 5HTSynaptrip]
    #9397057 - 12/09/08 01:12 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks heaps for the comments guys... I know the Effexor is bad.... that much I have discovered for myself. Where I live it is still very hard to be prescribed Efexor. My doctor had to prove that I had tried several different antidepressants for a substantial length of time in conjunction with counseling and producing little positive effect on my depression. It is only prescribed here for "Treatment resistant depression." For me, it works brilliantly with few side effects, certainly nothing serious. THE PROBLEM however is that I have horrendous withdrawal effects after missing only a single dose... stupid 300mg and short half-life!!
Long story short, I need to be working full time at the moment and cannot take enough time off work to withdraw. When I don't take them I'm completely incapacitated... vomiting, headaches, loss of depth perception, blurred vision, fever, hot and cold sweats, mild synaptic snaps (brain shocks or shivers), loss of appetite, decreased ability to sleep, terrible nightmares, and irrational depraved thoughts. It's terribly scary and the recovery time varies with each person.
So basically I'll be on it for a little while yet (been on it 2-3 years) BUT I want to have fun at new years... acid doesn't seem to work at all with it and ecstasy is a dangerous mix.... what should I take? I don't just want to smoke bud... that's too 'everyday' for new years
Suggestions.....
PS. Good comments regarding sucky doctors! Mine still won't listen to me when I tell her I have with drawl... she tells me I have the flu... yeah right!!

OfflineSunshineDaydream
Journeyman
Male User Gallery

Loc: OK Flag
Re: Efexor XR (Effexor or Venlafaxine) Drug interactions?? What's safe to mix? [Re: Tanzee86]
    #9397101 - 12/09/08 01:22 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

my mom was on effexor and she took it for about 4 weeks and said "FUCK THIS".  she deemed it the worst pharm. ever invented.

OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

Re: Efexor XR (Effexor or Venlafaxine) Drug interactions?? What's safe to mix? [Re: 5HTSynaptrip]
    #9397126 - 12/09/08 01:28 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

5HTSynaptrip said:

Sorry for ranting, I'm drinking my morning coffee.  For interactions I was on a slew of things when I took effexor.  Anabolic steroids, cannabis, cocaine, opiates etc... I never had any crazy interactions except my BP being affected certainly by both effexor and the roids.  Never did psychoactives but with the other antidepressants I've been on I have and mainly, the effects are always greatly diminished.

All of those are psychoactives.

OfflineTanzee86
Stranger

#9397200 - 12/09/08 01:48 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah I have heard lots of people hate it... unfortunately its the only antidepressant (of MANY) that actually works for me... as for Wyeth(manufacturer)... they are the devil and if I had known what I know now I would never have taken it even though it does work when I'm on it. Sucks you can't trust your own frickin' doctor huh

OfflineSunshineDaydream
Journeyman
Male User Gallery

Loc: OK Flag
    #9397213 - 12/09/08 01:50 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

i trust MY doc...but he just gives me xanax.  :wink:

it does wonders for my anxiety and i do not abuse it.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale