Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesutec
addict
Re: Mass substrate questions...
    #91688 - 01/13/00 09:37 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Personally I have yet to try any bulk growing, but if I were to try, I'd probably go with Rye Grain. I'd innoculate a couple of quart jars and use them as Masters. Then I'd get a couple of the autoclavable FP bags and fill them with 5 lbs of rye grain and sterilize the whole mess. Then I'd innoculate the bag with 1/4 - 1/2 of a 100% colonized jar. I'd probably do 4 bags, so I'd use 1/2 of a 100% colonized jar/sterile media filled bag. Then wait until everything was colonized.

After that, depending on the weather I would either cut a section in my lawn and lay down an inch of casing layer on the bottom, then my colonized substrate, then another inch or 1.5 inches of casing material. Wait a couple of days for the mycelium to recover and keep the ground moist.

If the weather wasn't cooperating (like it's not right now, it's snowing), I'd probably just case each bag individually in a suitably large containder and follow traditional casing teks..

That's just what I'd try personally tho :smile:

--------------------
Decriminalize:
NORML
DRCNet
MPP
ACLU Website

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Mass substrate questions... [Re: sutec]
    #91690 - 01/13/00 07:42 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Well I like to use straw and compost as a bulk substrate. Both are quite easy to use w/a little practice and produce large flushes of monster fungi :eek:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck