Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: 5,000 Hz Frequencies To Boost Absorbtion and Growth! * 1
    #91164 - 12/18/99 11:10 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

dude, what was the width of that pulse?? im gonna go to the Allied electronics and build me one just to see what it might do, i wonder since mushrooms are constantly takin in nutrients, if playing the sound all day would help

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

#91166 - 12/19/99 12:02 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

I've found some links regarding to this topic:

Sounds a Plant Loves To Hear

French Physicist Creates New Melodies - Plant Songs

AGRI-SONICS: Enhancement of Plant Growth using Specific Frequencies of Sound

Hands of Light (HOL) Seeds: Audio Tapes for Plants

Science Projects on Music and Sound

Sonic Bloom

The Official Sonic Bloom Website?

Another Sonic Bloom Site - Pretty Good!

ANOTHER Sonic Bloom Site

ANOTHER SONIC BLOOM SITE!

SonicGarden.com: Another Sonic Bloom Site

Super Sonic! - Sonic Bloom Article

Ok, while I was looking for more info on this topic, I found this:

Holistic Gardening - A Scientific Approach For Gardening With Love

I just thought this might be interesting for some people and extremely funny for others. I just can't see myself watering my marijuana plants, which I don't have, with Holy Water or even Magic Mushrooms grown in Holy Water! Now we must pray for our illegal psychoactive plants and mushrooms to grow.

-PsiliPharm

OfflineCurious G
old hand
    #91167 - 12/20/99 05:17 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Imagine what this will do for weed growers.

------------------
"I drink to make other people interesting."
? George Jean Nathan

Anonymous

#91168 - 12/20/99 07:15 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Actually, this was my first intentions of use, which is why I never mentioned it before but more and more I think of ways things that can be applied to plants and wonder if they can be applied to shrooms. I had another idea to put some kind of pigment into the water just to change the color of the plants. Like the red pigment can be obtained from those tanning pills. I forgot what the ingredient was called, but it works for plants just the same as it works for people. Well, I figured the most benificial pigment would be black since black tends to soak up more light and heat. Also, I was told about some bud that a guy got from vietnam which was black and was the best bud he ever got. So imagine this, Indoor Hydroponic polyploid marijuana (Gold) sprayed with all the necessary nutrients and plant hormones along with the black pigment and the pulsed 5,000-Hz frequencies over Baroque music playing all day. What about the same thing done with Salvia Divinorum or tissue cultures of San Pedro cactus or something containing a large amount of mescaline or DMT-Containing Plants. Damn, I wish I had a Greenhouse and a Lab, I would be doing some wild things that have never been done before. I just remembered something, the pigments wouldn't be good to be spraying directly onto the plants since they are likely to effect your own skin if they remain on the leaves/buds. If anyone has any success with any of these ideas, let me know.

-PsiliPharm

Anonymous

#91169 - 12/20/99 08:28 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.....
All I see is a bunch of advertisements, not one specific scientific reference with a controlled experiment.
All of these web pages are really good at throwing jargon around and make it seem really exciting, but my personal opinion is that this is trash.

Anonymous

#91170 - 12/20/99 08:36 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

I have a suggestion, invest in a greenhouse and a lab! You've got some of the wildest and most unique ideas, and you are obviously enthusiastic. You just may make some great discoveries, in which case I want to hear about them!

------------------
"When you're high you never, ever want to come down"- Welcome to the Jungle, by Guns n' Roses

Anonymous

#91171 - 12/21/99 04:01 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Well, there have been a considerable amount of studies on how sound frequencies and music effects people and plants. Those were the only sites SO FAR that I've found. I do remember reading a book called "Plant Mysteries" which mentioned this same phenomenon. It'll be in January before I'll be able to check this out again and see if it has any useful references. I'll also start looking for journals containing similar studies. Now, I would like to thank NewShroomer for your compliments and I hope to be able to do all that which you have said. Also FeZ, instead of critisizing everything you should be encouraging people to do it for themselves, so you won't have to until it is already accepted as being true. Since you obviously don't want to try and prove it wrong. There will always be skeptics and critics trying to disprove anything new and different. Most of these people are too lazy to do it for themselves. Remember, for many of years people have been persecuted for their different way of thinking, for example, darwanism. Many of the people on this board knows what it feels like to be considered an outkast of society. This may be due to the music that they listen to or the fact that they do illegal drugs which may be spiritually beneficial but not socially accepted by the vast majority and our government which the only purpose of scheduling drugs is to make money. Drugs wouldn't be worth as much as it does if it was legal. The CIA has been known to aid in the importation of narcotics in order to keep America high and to make money for the government. The DEA sets up chemical business fronts for a few years and makes tons of money selling chemicals to illegal drug makers then when someone starts making unusually large purchases they check 'em out, bust them when they've got alot to lose, and then they sieze it all and resell it at government auctions. Then they become virtually slaves in the U.S. prison system and then make you do community service. Truthfully, this is just one big game for the government. Who wants to play?

-PsiliPharm

[This message has been edited by PsiliPharm (edited December 21, 1999).]

Anonymous

#91172 - 12/21/99 05:47 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

I just found these, which are the only articles I've found that fits this subject, so far:

TITLE: Applied studies of plant meridian system: I. The effect of agri-wave technology on yield and quality of tomato.
AUTHORS: Hou TZ; Mooneyham RE
AUTHOR AFFILIATION: Xinjiang Academy of Forestry Science, Urumqi, China.
SOURCE: Am J Chin Med 1999;27(1):1-10
CITATION IDS: PMID: 10354811 UI: 99283208
ABSTRACT: Agri-wave technology is a new agricultural technology based on the plant meridian system, that focuses on measurement of plant sound characteristics. The basic principle of agri-wave technology is to improve the yield and quality of plants such as vegetables, flowers, and fruit trees by broadcasting sound waves of certain frequencies and spraying a compound microelement fertilizer on the leaves. The application of agri-wave technology on tomatoes remarkably stimulates growth of their seedlings. Fresh weight of the branch, stems, and leaves of the treated tomatoes is significantly (59.53%, P < 0.0001) higher than that of the control group. Sampling survey results indicate that agri-wave technology accelerates the ripeness of tomatoes. The fresh weight of ripe tomatoes treated with this technique is 30.73% higher than that of the untreated (P = 0.0018), while the fresh weight of the treated unripe tomatoes is 27.29% lower than that of the untreated unripe group (P = 0.0020). Yield surveys show that the yield of treated plants is 13.89% (p < 0.0001) higher than that of the control group. Moreover, with agri-wave technology treatment the storage period of tomatoes is almost doubled. Analysis of tomato nutrition shows that agri-wave technology has increased their sugar content by 26.19%, vitamin A and niacin (an antifavours vitamin) by 55.39% and 92.31% respectively. There is no difference concerning vitamin B1, B2, and D content between the two groups, and vitamin C and E contents decreased by 2.10% and 12.69%, respectively. Among the analyzed 33 minerals of tomatoes, 26 increased in content, while 7 decreased. In conclusion, agri-wave technology has promoted the growth of the tomato, increased its yield, and improved its quality.

TITLE: Applied studies of the plant meridian system: II. Agri-wave technology increases the yield and quality of spinach and lettuce and enhances the disease resistant properties of spinach [In Process Citation]
AUTHORS: Hou TZ; Mooneyham RE
AUTHOR AFFILIATION: Xinjing Academy of Forestry Science, China.
SOURCE: Am J Chin Med 1999;27(2):131-41
[MEDLINE record in process]
CITATION IDS: PMID: 10467447 UI: 99396778
ABSTRACT: Agri-wave technology is composed of both a special frequency sound wave and a microelement fertilizer. In both components, the effect of sound waves on plants is more than that of fertilizers, but the best function is a combination of the two. Treatment by Agri-wave technology stimulated the growth rate and increased the yield of spinach. In small plot tests, the length and width of the treated spinach leaf was 50.8 cm and 20.3 cm, respectively, whereas the untreated leaves were 29.20 cm and 8.9 cm. The fresh weight of treated spinach was 0.42 kg. This was 5.5 times higher than that of the untreated spinach. In large area testing (17 hectares), the results of two tests show that the yields of the treated spinach were increased 22.7% and 22.2% over those of the control group. Sugar content of the treated spinach was increased by 37.5%, vitamin A, C, and B were increased 35.63%, 41.67% and 40.00%, respectively, above the levels of the control group. Niacin content was decreased by 7.69%. Of 33 elements analyzed in the spinach, 29 elements were increased by Agri-wave technology. The spinach was infected with "rot disease" in the control group while there was no disease present in the treated group. In greenhouse testing, the average weight of 3 species of lettuce treated by Agri-wave technology was increased 44.10% over that of the control group (P < 0.0001). The average weight of 3 species of lettuce by only sound and only fertilizer treated separately increased 29.92% and 16.19% above that of the control group (P < 0.0001). Sampling survey results in the field test were comparable to the above mentioned greenhouse test. The fresh weight of treated lettuce by Agri-wave technology was increased 41.67% over that of the control group (P < 0.0001). The fresh weight of treated lettuce by only sound and only fertilizer was increased 30.88% and 19.61%, respectively, over the control group (both P < 0.0001).

TITLE: The influence of audiofrequency sound on the growth of the oat shoot. ANL-7535.
AUTHORS: Gordon SA; Marksteiner R
SOURCE: ANL Rep 1968 Dec;:321-2
CITATION IDS: PMID: 5307224 UI: 69298574

TITLE: Influence of audiofrequency sound on the growth of the oar shoot: further observations. ANL-7635.
AUTHORS: McPherson RA; Gordon SA
SOURCE: ANL Rep 1969 Dec;:327-8
CITATION IDS: PMID: 5310823 UI: 70239696

-PsiliPharm

[This message has been edited by PsiliPharm (edited December 21, 1999).]

Anonymous

#91173 - 12/22/99 12:43 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

The following link contains USPA 1984 Conference Audio & Video Tapes for sale. The one that relates to this topic is "Agri-Economics and Psychotronics Inroads Plant Growth at ELF Sound Frequencies of 4 to 6 KHz" by Charles Walters & Dan Carlson which is the same Carlson talked about above.

Here is the link:

http://www.psychotronics.org/uspa1984.htm

-PsiliPharm

[This message has been edited by PsiliPharm (edited December 22, 1999).]

Anonymous

#91174 - 12/22/99 05:41 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Ummmm But ya know mushrooms are not plants right?

------------------
"The spice expands life, the spice expands conciousness, the spice is vital to space travel.
The spaceing guild and it's navigators, use the orange spice gass which gives them the ability to fold space,
that is travel to any part of the universe, with out moveing"
Dune

Anonymous

#91175 - 12/21/99 10:29 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Neophyte, you must not have been reading what I've been saying. I said, "...but more and more I think of ways things that can be applied to plants and wonder if they can be applied to shrooms." These same frequencies also affect animals and humans in much the same way, but they are on the low end of the frequency spectrum that effects us, so why won't it work with all life forms, including mushrooms? The only documentation of this phenomenon is for plants, someone needs to check this out for shrooms. We might be surprised.

-PsiliPharm

Anonymous

#91176 - 12/22/99 05:48 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Even though this is slightly off topic, I thought it was interesting. Acupuncture for plants! Here's the article:

TITLE: Experimental evidence of a plant meridian system: IV. The effects of acupuncture on growth and metabolism of Phaseolus vulgaris L. beans.
AUTHORS: Hou TZ; Li MD
AUTHOR AFFILIATION: Xinjiang Academy of Forestry Science, China.
SOURCE: Am J Chin Med 1997;25(2):135-42
CITATION IDS: PMID: 9288359 UI: 97434473
ABSTRACT: We have shown previously that plants exhibit functional characteristics similar to the meridian system in humans and animals, such as high potential and low electrical resistance, high temperature, and spontaneous sound production. Here we will show the effect of acupuncture on plants. When plants of Phaseolus vulgaris L. pole bean (cv. Kentucky wonder) and bush bean (cv. Slenderette) were subjected to acupuncture by inserting two needles into opposite sides of the stem of the unifoliolate buds, it was found that acupuncture strengthened the growth and development of the plants. Two repeated experiments showed that the mean net photosynthesis rate of plants subjected to acupuncture increased about 20.5%, the mean transpiration 27.2%, the growth and total length of internodes 22.5%, and the total dry weight of shoots from the cotyledon to the apex 22.9%, in comparisons with control plants under the same growing conditions. In addition, treated plants flowered three days earlier and had 14.4% more fruit than the untreated control plants. Thus, acupuncture may serve as a viable technique for increasing yield in agricultural plants.

It was written by the same person who did the two articles above on the agri-wave technology, Hou TZ.

Where would you stick the needles on shrooms?

-PsiliPharm

Anonymous

#91177 - 12/23/99 05:12 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

I've created a thread similar to this on Cannabis.com, here:

5,000 Hertz Frequencies To Boost Growth Of Plants!

Another thread I created on there that might be interesting to some of you is here:

Marijuana Tissue Cultures and Substrate Additives!

-PsiliPharm

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
    #91178 - 12/27/99 10:20 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

So, where can I get a clip of one of these sounds on-line (and for free)? I'll burn it to disk behind some good ol punk rock, and put it to the test!

------------------
-From a registered Mad Scientist

"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obiwan Kenobi (also a Mad Scientist tm)

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Anonymous

#91179 - 12/27/99 10:43 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

I guess I'm confused as to how exactly these frequencies will boost plant growth, let alone any growth?

Growth is dependent upon genetic inheritence in part with a support environment. What does sound do to enhance the genetic makeup of the plants?

hmm...
seems like there is some sufficient proof that it works, but it doesnt make sense to me.

kake

Anonymous

#91180 - 12/27/99 02:22 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Well, to start off mycofile, I don't think there is an online source for these frequencies and punk rock is likely to contain harmful freqencies, classical music is preferred. And kake, the reason you probably don't understand because you've never heard of it before but every living thing is effected by the sounds around it. We are essentially polluted with noises that are harmful to our bodies and make us the cranky unhealthy people we are today. Alot of people believe that every molecule has a frequency that it vibrates at according to it's electron spin resonance and that certain frequencies causes it to vibrate just right to make things work better. For example, certain forms of classical music, such as Baroque, causes your brain to switch to an alpha state and therefore allows you to learn better. There have been ALOT more studies done on how certain frequencies and beat/light cycles effect humans and mostly on the human brain.

-PsiliPharm

Offlinefunkyballoon
Pooh-Bah
    #91181 - 12/27/99 03:57 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

This thread is very interesting to me.

Imagine this for a moment: 5000Hz, as a oscillating frequency on a 3D graph, would encompass all values on the x,y,z axis between zero, 5000, and -5000. A vibrating blob with it's pivot at 0,0,0 if you will.

Plants are alive, therefore they have conciousness. They don't have the ability to conciously think, I know, but don't you agree that since they are living beings they must have some sort of observation facility, even if it might just be a single oscillating feeling?

Sounds, vibrations in the air, as we all know are able to induce certain brainwave frequencies that change patterns of conciousness. I theorize that you don't necessarily NEED a brain to experience these changes. Since every living thing has conciousness to some degree, it could be said that we are all on the same 'spectrum', and therefore are all effected in the same way.

Plants, being an obviously less-complex form of life than ourselves, MUST operate on a much more limited conciousness than we do. You might say that their optimum range of operation of conciousness is somewhere between 4000 and 6000 units away from the center point where they are located in 3D space.

Vibrations projected through the air can be picked up by plants, no? This being true, can it not be said that this effects their conciousness, assuming they are picking up these vibrations in some manner, syncronizing them with the frequency?

Above this range, their quality of life is reduced. They are out of their ideal conditions, and therefore do not prosper. I think the same could be said for all forms of conciousness.

Humans, as an example, are much more complex than plants. Naturally, we must have an exponentially higher range of concious operation. We, at least us here at the Shroomery and people like us, are on a ever continuing quest to become higher. Enlighten ourselves. Expand our conciousness.

We have the desire to evolve.

Maybe we have no limits.

Maybe time is the only thing setting us, as a species, back.

And I guess only time will tell.

Anonymous

#91182 - 12/27/99 04:13 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

A book that came out in the early Seventies has alot of information contained in it related to this thread ,,,it documents experiments done over the last few centuries concerning plants, people and bioelectrical energy.

The Secret Life of Plants by,,
Peter Thompkins and Christopher Bird,,
Publisher at that time was " Harper & Row.

It ought to be available 2nd hand pretty cheap in hard or paperback due to it's age.

I believe there was a sequel several years later but not sure. Per Hoyt.

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #91183 - 12/27/99 05:44 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

So... how loud do I need to crank up the volume on my speakers? over 90db?

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Anonymous

#91184 - 12/27/99 06:27 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Thank you, funkyballoon for your thoughts on this subject, I appreciate it. And Sclorch, I imagine you crank it up as loud as you can, as long as the music doesn't contain any harmful frequencies. The treble should be all the way up and the bass should be all the way down. Personally, this gives me a headache, I love bass!

-PsiliPharm

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract