Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: I despise when people fail to interact due to the shield of courtesy. [Re: PyroBurns]
    #9055525 -

PyroBurns said:
Example 1:

I'm waiting in line at this grocery store called New Seasons. This hag in front of me is having some problems with her card or something so it's taking a bit. Then the bagger in my line points to another register and sends some woman behind me to the register on the other side. Then I see there is another cahsier waiting so I pick up my stuff to head on over but some other old hag takes that line. So I put my stuff back down right as the guy in the register to my right opens his after he's been standing there for 5 minutes. Right when I go to grab my stuff someone takes that register. Now keep in mind that I don't care. It was funny and the register I was at is ready now anyway.

Me: Wow, each register was open and taken as I turned my head!
Him: Sorry about that sir, it won't happen again.
Me: No no no, it's okay. I just thought it was kind of funny.
Him: Again I'm deeply sorry. May I have your signature, please?

That store usually pisses me off because they expect you to be an uptight yuppy who will get all sore if they let their hair down a little. Sure they are pretty helpful, and let me sample whole fistfuls of fruit, but they interact with me like I'm going to sue them if they so happen to show some emotion.

Example 2: I don't really feel like going in depth here anymore, but this guy who owns the auto clinic always is so serious with me. Like I'm trying to catch him making fun of my truck.  :rolleyes: . Maybe if I brought him some beers sometime he'll finally ligthen up.

Anyway I can't be guilt free about this myself. Sometimes I can be pretty stiffly polite with stangers, and for some reason am kind a stickler about ettiquette. Though more often than not I'd rather have a more humanly connected experience. Even on Hawthorne Blvd. here in Portland a lot of the mom and pop store clerks can be stiff even though it's supposed to be a really laid back street.



You seem to get pissed off easily.  Welcome to life.  It doesn't always go your way.


--------------------
"It's spaghetti time."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I despise when people fail to interact due to the shield of courtesy. [Re: FeedingMyDreams]
    #9055662 -

Indeed... better to get used to it now, and perhaps learn to laugh at instead of despising things that don't please ya.

P.S. Love your Jack Handy sig.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I despise when people fail to interact due to the shield of courtesy. [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #9055926 -

JacquesCousteau said:
Indeed... better to get used to it now, and perhaps learn to laugh at instead of despising things that don't please ya.

P.S. Love your Jack Handy sig.



OMG, thanks!  I didn't think anyone thought it was funny.  I'm just about to change it too.


--------------------
"It's spaghetti time."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I despise when people fail to interact due to the shield of courtesy. [Re: FeedingMyDreams]
    #9057011 -

It doesn't make me pissed, but it obviously hinders being in society.

Things would be swell if things went my way. For everyone. Even for you. That's why I'm going to be president or dictator.


--------------------
Remember to cut your nails regularly.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* U.S. Missle Shield goes active, North Korea prepares for test missle launch
( 1 2 all )
ZippoZM 4,405 31 06/23/06 07:46 PM
by Asante
* Pharmacists refusing to give birth control to women due to morals
( 1 2 3 all )
MOTH 6,273 41 11/27/04 06:56 PM
by d33p
* The Shield daimyo 768 19 01/10/06 11:40 PM
by RandalFlagg
* Any Shield fans out there? NewbieS 599 9 03/22/06 02:13 PM
by Newbie
* I failed my permit test
( 1 2 all )
Captain Loafy McPoopdick 1,827 26 07/29/05 04:50 PM
by freddurgan
* So i"m going to fail Calc 2 and then drop out of school I think
( 1 2 all )
freddurgan 5,117 31 04/12/05 12:57 AM
by Entropic
* At least I only had one exam to fail
( 1 2 all )
Gillette 3,022 34 12/06/05 11:29 AM
by Cowgold
* I officialy fail life Snape 743 12 10/22/04 05:32 PM
by silversoul7

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,624 topic views. 6 members, 28 guests and 71 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 15 queries.