Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
InvisibleOJK
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Pharmacists refusing to give birth control to women due to morals [Re: d33p]
    #3354777 - 11/13/04 06:22 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

d33p said:
Quote:

Odiumjunkie said:
Ok, let's say the pharmacist was a devout catholic who believed that life began with a single sperm and a single egg, even if they had not joined together, so that killing a single sperm or egg was therefor killing an unborn and unconceived child. Would the pharmacist be within his or her remit to refuse to sell condoms or the pill based on this belief?

Omgosh please read my replies before posting. I stated that nothing short of a combined egg and sperm could be considered life. No christians think that a single egg or sperm constitutes life, and if they did then they are retarded.

I said that the only reason why a pharmacist should refuse to fill a script is if he feels that doing so would harm an individual. Now since life can be defined from any point after the egg and sperm combine the topic becomes iffy.

But of course since pharmacies are private companies they can do whatever the fuck they want end of story.

Oh my gosh, the fact that you "stated" something doesn't make it universally true.

Why is it sensible to define a zygote that could potentially grow into a human being as "alive" and "retarded" to define a single egg and a single sperm that could potentially grow into a human being as life?

A zygote is simply a tiny organism with the appropriate genetic information to form a human being, given the right environment.

A single egg and sperm are structures with the appropriate genetic information to form a human being, given the right environment.

Please explain to me why one view is viable and the other "retarded"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
Re: Pharmacists refusing to give birth control to women due to morals [Re: OJK]
    #3417123 - 11/27/04 06:56 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

A single sperm does not contain enough information to produce a human. A single egg does not contain enough information to produce a human.

A zygote forms when these two combine and cleavage initiates and this contains enough information to produce a human.

Are you really that dense?

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies