Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Re: Fuck Obama [Re: Syle]
    #8972169 -

It's a fundemental problem with every democratic system, made even more obvious by America's huge media networks and huge campaign costs. See in order to get to the top of the political food chain you need to conform to the status quo. Anyone who's truely different, or honest, or has a real willingness to change things will never make it far enough to have the power to change anything. It's like some grotesque form of natural selection, where the dominant traits are greed, dishonesty, charisma and the ability to say a lot without saying anything at all.

That's why Ron Paul didn't have a hope in hell of winning this election, even though he was clearly the best candidate.


--------------------


Life: Main event at the MGM Grand. Murphy's fighting Occam, and you're in the stands.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck Obama [Re: Kodath]
    #8972230 -

We love Ron Paul down here in Texas. I agree with almost everything he says but when he started talking about how we lost the War in Iraq and the Surge was not working he sounded like a nut case...


IMO he lost many Republican voters running in a republican primary with those comments.



P.S. Ron Paul is Right again that This Bailout Won't Be the Last....


--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck Obama [Re: lonestar2004]
    #8972284 -

I don't think it'll be the last either, I think it's at best a temporary band aid that has the potential to be a major fuckup if it's not done right.

As for the Iraq war, it's a special case. Whether the US is winning or losing is all relative, it depends on how you define winning and losing. That's why it's been so divisive in US politics, one side says the war is being won, the other side says it's being lost, and both sides are right for some reasons and wrong for others. Lots of people present it as if it's a clear cut issue, it's not. It's a huge grey area full of meaningless statistics, empty rhetoric and unclear goals.

The only thing I will say is that in my opinion it needs to be brought to a close, without all the back and forth about who won. Truth is in the big picture nobody won.

That's my view anyway.


--------------------


Life: Main event at the MGM Grand. Murphy's fighting Occam, and you're in the stands.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck Obama [Re: StrandedVoyager]
    #8972593 -

Fuck you Obama, you're just a empty scarecrow whore like all the others a

Yea! You have evolved my son.:thumbup: Now you may come over to P&S and deal with some slightly more interesting nonsense.:heart:


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck Obama [Re: lonestar2004]
    #8972839 -

lonestar2004 said:
I agree with almost everything he says but when he started talking about how we lost the War in Iraq and the Surge was not working he sounded like a nut case...





what we lost was a bunch of money, chasing phantom threats. I still don't see how saddam was a threat to our national security, it was more like finishing daddy's business of tying up loose ends.
Bush can easily be considered the biggest fuck-up in the history of the US presidency. being a texan myself, I hate it when people associate my state with this man from connecticut. he's no LBJ


--------------------
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is just poetry, imagination." ~Max Planck

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck Obama [Re: piracetam]
    #8972881 -

I did not agree with the war from the beginning but i think that if we  pulled the troops out too quickly Iraq would end up in a full scale civil war...


"The surge was an absolute failure, and now, we’re no closer to a peaceful country. and the odds of all of a sudden, us coming up with a unified, Democratic country in Iraq is unbelievable."

Ron Paul


Moonbats and Democrats love this negative attitude, but he was running as a Republican... :shrug:


--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck Obama [Re: lonestar2004]
    #8972896 -

Obama now going back on his campaign promises, blaming the bailout...

Obama: "Does that mean that I can do everything that I've called for in this campaign right away, probably not. I think that we are going to have to phase it in. A lot of it is going to depend on what our tax revenues look like."

I've known a lot of politicians break their campaign promises after they get elected, but I think this is the first I have seen that breaks his campaign promises before the election.


--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck Obama [Re: lonestar2004]
    #8972903 -

yeah, I didn't understand why he ran as a republican either. probably because he knew he had no shot as an independent (libertarian).

I typically think of republicans as corporate snakes of "the state's party"
but he was the only worthwhile republican


--------------------
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is just poetry, imagination." ~Max Planck

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck Obama [Re: piracetam]
    #8972919 -

> I didn't understand why he ran as a republican either.

Because he is a republican, perhaps?


--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck Obama [Re: Seuss]
    #8972933 -

he's more of a libertarian.
republicans favor decisions that benefit big business, libertarians do not.


--------------------
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is just poetry, imagination." ~Max Planck

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck Obama [Re: piracetam]
    #8972949 -

> he's more of a libertarian

He would disagree with you, as would I.  Traditional republican; fiscal conservative, smaller government, and family values.


--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck Obama [Re: Seuss]
    #8972955 -

Seuss said:
Obama now going back on his campaign promises, blaming the bailout...

Obama: "Does that mean that I can do everything that I've called for in this campaign right away, probably not. I think that we are going to have to phase it in. A lot of it is going to depend on what our tax revenues look like."

I've known a lot of politicians break their campaign promises after they get elected, but I think this is the first I have seen that breaks his campaign promises before the election.




:laugh:


The republicans in congress should just stall this bailout. Keep stalling it for months and if the economy doesn't tank this bailout should be dropped!:thumbup:


--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Edited by lonestar2004 (09/23/08 12:50 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck Obama [Re: lonestar2004]
    #8972978 -

And if the economy does tank?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck Obama [Re: Redstorm]
    #8972991 -

> And if the economy does tank?

Then blame Obama.


--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck Obama [Re: Seuss]
    #8972995 -

I'm not entirely sure how that follows from any logical basis.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck Obama [Re: Seuss]
    #8973002 -

Lauer gives tough Obama interview on Bailout




--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck Obama [Re: lonestar2004]
    #8973003 -

lonestar2004 said:
I did not agree with the war from the beginning but i think that if we  pulled the troops out too quickly Iraq would end up in a full scale civil war...



I'm just not so sure that will change with time...


--------------------


Life: Main event at the MGM Grand. Murphy's fighting Occam, and you're in the stands.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Fuck Obama [Re: Redstorm]
    #8973008 -

Redstorm said:
I'm not entirely sure how that follows from any logical basis.




Isn't that the way politics works?


--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Republican Breakup? wingnutx 1,061 6 07/30/03 06:03 PM
by Innvertigo
* Libertarians vs Republicans
( 1 2 3 all )
pattern 4,255 57 04/30/03 11:04 AM
by silversoul7
* Republican Hypocrisy DoctorJ 3,319 19 01/26/04 04:39 PM
by Viveka
* 34 Libertarian arguments debunked silversoul7 2,656 7 05/09/03 05:06 AM
by Phred
* What the Fuck is Ralph Nadar's Problem
( 1 2 3 all )
mjshroomer 4,221 52 03/01/04 02:16 PM
by d33p
* What are Libertarian ideals/views?
( 1 2 all )
FileSoup 4,285 32 09/03/03 12:05 PM
by luvdemshrooms
* (True) Libertarians Battle the Corporate State Evolving 1,544 3 04/10/04 05:16 AM
by luvdemshrooms
* Questions for those who vote for or support Republicans
( 1 2 all )
Autonomous 1,930 23 03/08/04 12:34 PM
by afoaf

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
4,076 topic views. 1 members, 4 guests and 27 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 15 queries.