Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: Any Marine or military service stories? [Re: Kada]
    #8951928 -

No, if you're looking for the other resident amputee, its Poke Smot, and I think he's worse off than I am.


--------------------
Give me silence, water, hope;
Give me struggle, iron, volcanoes...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any Marine or military service stories? [Re: Crasher]
    #8951940 -

you got a stump?? sweet.

thanks to all tht have served, even though it sucked. everyone i know thats been in the military except like 2 ppl, fuckin hated it and couldn't wait to get out...


--------------------

"In the 60s people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal...go figure."

Becoming human was not part of the plan...

I wish I could be as high as my tolerance-danlennon

Reality is a crutch for those that can't cope with drugs.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any Marine or military service stories? [Re: magikgrl]
    #8951959 -

everyone I met that did it for college money got the fuck out ASAP and hated it.

Do it for the right reason, if there is such a thing, or you'll regret it forever.


--------------------
Give me silence, water, hope;
Give me struggle, iron, volcanoes...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any Marine or military service stories? [Re: Crasher]
    #8951969 -

Ah now i remember! Ok thank you for reminding me his name. He was a cool as guy. There was a funny ass situation at one point and he was joking about phantom limb. I remember not understanding what he ment till he held up his arm, and i was blown away that he was joking about it. I thought that might of been you for a scond there.


--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any Marine or military service stories? [Re: Hyper_Panda_GO]
    #8952268 -

my grandpa was in charge of the pentagon papers investigation for a while. after interrogating a high ranking official he started to think he was being stalked though. he heard weird noises on the phone, and at several points noticed cars parked out a half-mile or so from his house late at night (he lived in the country). he tolerated this for a month or so, but then while he was in DC my grandma got a call and someone threatened to kill her. he couldn't prove this was related to his case, but he was very deep in at the time, and it got him pretty scared. he resigned about a week after.


oh and another cool story about him. before the pentagon papers investigation he was charged with finding out how certain drugs were being trafficked onto this military base (i don't remember where). he traced it back to a couple of guys in their 20's and one girl who was only in high school. he turned the guys in, but even though he found an ounce on the girl, he only confronted her parents about about the situation. holding back info like that to his superior officer could easily have gotten him courtmartialed, but he said he didn't believe in the charges and felt bad for her so he took the risk. several years later he got a letter from her telling him how much he changed her life and how thankful she was. i guess she cleaned up her act and even went to OSU.

Edited by justin_thyme (09/18/08 10:41 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any Marine or military service stories? [Re: JT]
    #8953199 -

Great posts


--------------------
There is no valid reason you should be reading this

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any Marine or military service stories? [Re: Kada]
    #8953470 -

Kada said:
I went into the Marine Corps when i was 19. Boot camp sucked. It was more mentally difficult, than it was physically difficult. Don't get me wrong, i was worked like a horse, and i lost 55 pounds. But the hardest part was living with constant hazing, indignity, and the giant mind fuck they pull to reprogram you. The whole time i was ashamed for being there, and there was no giving up. You are not allowed to leave. There are no breaks. There were no calls to home to see if the family was ok.

The only way to get out of boot camp, was to graduate. The whole time they remind you that you are only there to kill people for the government. That is what they are training you to do. Your not there for any reason but to be their puppet. If you join the Marine Corps with any other ambitions past killing someone. You are in the wrong place. When you are a Marine, you are a basic rifleman first. Above all else your job is to know how to kill, and do it without remorse.

All in all it was fun as hell. Well, as far as getting mind fucked everyday. The exercise was great. They don't let you quit. You either get fit, or die trying. someone did die trying in boot camp while i was there.

You get no respect until you graduate. Before that, you are treated worse than a pile of shit. Afterwards, you are treated like a brother by every marine. My problem was, after boot camp, i held no respect at all for the title i earned. I went in the military for the wrong reasons. I wanted college money. I wanted to make something of myself. I wanted to make my parents proud of me for once. I had no plans right out of high school, so i figured hell why not. I was not told the amount of hazing you get the whole time in boot camp. I'm talking about shit i wont tell you. Screw everything you think hazing can be. Screw thinking standing there while getting screamed at face to face for a hour. Thats the easy shit.

The only memories i have of the military were complete disgust in the whole process of making marines. A recruiter will not tell you any of this shit. I made it through boot camp barley keeping myself in tact. Most of the guys i went in with, came out completely different people. I do not mean for the better. Better for the government if they want compliant killing machines. Not better if you are a peaceful soul like myself. Everything you value in life they want to destroy, then remake you as a government pawn. Oh they do a damn fine job, then send you off with a smug ego like you are some damned crown prince. But all you are is another number on a list for someone to use like property. Think slavery here.

Was this supposed to be supportive of the military? Oh well. I have nothing supportive to say other than if you want to be a trained killer with little or no remorse, then join up. If not, then there is no other reason to pick the Marine Corps. I have no place being there at all period. I took my honorable discharge and GTFO of there.

I have no experience with any other branch of the military, but IMO the settings are the same, just at different levels. I NEVER would suggest going into the military as long as you have another means of living your life. Live free, live well, stay the fuck out of the military. Of course im bias. Oh yeah, get everyhting they promise you in writing. Recruiters LIE LIKE NO OTHER. If it's not in the paperwork, it's a scam. I was told being a combat engineer joining up that i i recived a bonus after i completed my training. YEH RIGHT! After training i asked where that money was and i was laughed at! It is a common lie, and it's a giant joke in the end. 





I am also a former Marine and this writing is spot fucking dead on!!

It didn't change me for more than ~ 4-5 months.

I do remember not being able to feel the tips of all my toes for about 18 months after bootcamp.
:yesnod:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

North Spore Shop: Bulk Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Military Service Experiences
( 1 2 3 all )
RandalFlagg 6,071 56 02/28/05 11:37 AM
by California
* what do u say to army/marines recruiters
( 1 2 3 all )
KnattyD 5,920 57 09/16/11 04:55 PM
by Visionary Tools
* Charges Unlikely for Dad of Dead Marine KingOftheThing 531 0 08/27/04 10:28 AM
by KingOftheThing
* My brother might go into the military
( 1 2 3 all )
MOTH 5,778 51 04/25/08 08:19 PM
by AScannerDarkly
* Subject: Military Wisdom Ripple 1,097 6 04/03/03 07:33 PM
by fjbk47985
* The military RandalFlagg 1,553 16 04/23/05 03:26 PM
by looner2
* Jail Stories? Sjekk 675 3 02/20/05 05:10 PM
by Dreamer987
* Is anybody else in here dissappointed with services? RandalFlagg 873 13 04/07/05 01:28 PM
by Roadkill

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,798 topic views. 1 members, 55 guests and 142 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 17 queries.