Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTrippingBillies
SpaceCruiser
Loc: Pangea
Invitro pinning bullshit
    #884507 - 09/15/02 10:16 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Hey all. I've seen several recent posts on when to birth. Invitro pinning is great, but shit, if your not doing the Hippi tek, fuck it. I say birth a couple of days after 100% colonization. Your taking your cake and most likely making a casing and or harvesting off a cake directly. The flushing pattern will continue until all the resources "food" are used up. Why wait for invitro pinning when your not looking for a good yield off the invitro mushrooms. Since your going to cut off any pins which formed invitro before you case, then why waste the nutrients on this stage of development. Birth a couple of days after 100% colonization. I've birthed the day of 100% and yes the mycelium network is not as strong, the cake is easily broken compared to an older cake left alone for a month, but shit, your gonna case it and let it re-grow anyways so atleast have the extral nutrients for this stage. Anyways, thats my ideology.

--------------------
"It's so obvious it's hard to understand."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
Re: Invitro pinning bullshit [Re: TrippingBillies]
    #884511 - 09/15/02 10:18 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I tend to agree with you here...

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Invitro pinning bullshit [Re: TrippingBillies]
    #884585 - 09/15/02 11:12 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Stamets - who wrote the mushroom cultivator never suggests that you wait for your colonised substrate to form primordia invirto. It doesnt make a difference either way.
I once read that buy waiting until this stage the fruiting cycle will be quicker. This is not generally the case, as the mycelia will still need to colonise the casing material and fruit under differing conditions from when it was invitro.
Every strain that ive grown that pinned heavily invitro fruited poorly anyway

--------------------

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Invitro pinning bullshit [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #885090 - 09/16/02 06:13 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

If you are casing a cake or using it as spawn you should never let it pin invitro.

But there is a slight yield increase to a cake fruited directly if you let it pin invitro. Not huge as pins, just the knots. I did the experiment years ago before there was a such thing as the invitro tek. Hip myself and others were just trying to disprove the colonize in total darkness crap. we found that pins formed sooner if you colonized in ambient light, and I also found the first flush harvests to be earlier and heavier.

So, I have to disagree with you on this one, but do want to point out that it wasn't an enormous difference, but a noticable and repeatable one.

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Re: Invitro pinning bullshit [Re: mycofile]
    #889843 - 09/17/02 11:31 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Why would invitro pinning have any effect on spawning??
Id assume that invitro pinning may provide a cake with a bigger initial flush but i cant see how it would in yield. Im not doubting your observations, just wondering why.

--------------------

Invisiblematts
matts

[Re: Zen Peddler]
    #890145 - 09/18/02 02:29 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Re: Invitro pinning bullshit [Re: matts]
    #892467 - 09/19/02 02:14 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Never said he was - But neither is PF!
Stamets is wrong about:
Ps.Subaeruginosa having pigmented pluerocystidia.
Ps.Australiana in general and its potency.
Pan. Cyanescens relative potency
He also describes the same mushroom from Australia as being two seperate psilocybes (subaeruginosa and australiana vary only in the shape of p.cystidia - they are the same mushroom as protein analysis and spore compatibilities have demonstrated)

--------------------

InvisibleShaw

#892690 - 09/19/02 05:50 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

TMC was written a while ago. Has it been updated since? If you've got cakes, sometimes the center top area isn't colonized yet, when the visable area is.

--------------------

Offlinesomacraft
amateur
    #892841 - 09/19/02 07:20 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

>staments isn't god

That is a mighty big assumption.

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
Re: Invitro pinning bullshit [Re: somacraft]
    #892867 - 09/19/02 07:33 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

In reply to:

>staments isn't god

That is a mighty big assumption.

LMAO, the inverse would be absurd.

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
    #894259 - 09/19/02 06:06 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Hey, no stamets isn't god, and pf isn't either by any means. Thats what I thought was funny at the time. I was a big anit PFer, his propaghanda was so intense and incorrect back then. I was simply trying to disprove what he says in the pf tek about colonizing in darkness and his anti any strain other than pfc rhetoric. I ended up agreeing with him about invitro pinning, something I was always to hasty to bother with.

Anyway about yield, I meant to stress that the yield increase was on the first flush, not necessarily through the life of the cake. I assume that environmental conditions within the jar could be responsible for this, although another possiblity is that leaving the cake in the jar alows the mycelium to decide when its ready to pin, rather than the cultivator deciding this and forcing the cake to pin. Perhaps this slight difference in timing of pin initiation is the reason for a slightly better yield. It would also be a slight boon to the "shrooms are inteligent" crowd.

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #894299 - 09/19/02 06:21 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Respecting a pioneers blazed trail and worshipping false idols are two different things . Stametes gave info to people who had no other source . Many mycologists in the early days were very incoperative to share info , especially if P.CUBES was asked about . This is why he is so highly regarded and trusted for his methods . It is because of him home cultivation is what it is now .

Hubbel is no GOD , but he sure gave us a good look into HIS eyes !
Peace  :cool: 

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck