Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGhosty
journeyman
Invitro pinning... ugh
    #1681485 - 07/02/03 08:42 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Will invtrio pinning occur if I am just taking my BRF jars out the inncubator for a second to look at them to check growth?

Cause I really don't want invitro pinning :wink: 

--------------------
-weird

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Invitro pinning... ugh [Re: Ghosty]
    #1681504 - 07/02/03 08:50 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

you wish it was thAT EASY!!!!!

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

Offlinejonas

Re: Invitro pinning... ugh [Re: george castanza]
    #1681541 - 07/02/03 09:06 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Ahhhh ... I think hes actually depending on it NOT being "that easy".

OfflinefIsh in my head
fadedstar

Loc: 4500 ASL
Re: Invitro pinning... ugh [Re: jonas]
    #1681876 - 07/02/03 11:07 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

just make sure your incubator really blocks all the light. I know this girl who had the same problem with in vitro pinnings in the past and she realized that her rubbermaid incubator wasn't blocking all the photons that were coming from the two 40 watts neons sitting next to it. All the incubating jars are now covered with an extra towel inside the incubator.

But in vitro pins are not that bad. Are you cakes 100% or like 90-95% colonized? I know some cakes not entirely colonized that were birthed earlier due to in vitro and gave some nice flushes without contamination problems until 3rd flush.

.fs.

Edited by fIsh in my head (07/02/03 11:08 PM)

OfflineGhosty
journeyman
Re: Invitro pinning... ugh [Re: fIsh in my head]
    #1684184 - 07/03/03 02:30 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

mmmm not even 90%.. I thought that if there was any colonization that it could start to pin if given light (i don't want this to happen) so thats why I asked.

My incubator is dark blue.. no light getting into that box :smile:

jonas-bump

Thanks for the help people!

--------------------
-weird

OfflinefIsh in my head
fadedstar

Loc: 4500 ASL
Re: Invitro pinning... ugh [Re: Ghosty]
    #1684429 - 07/03/03 03:59 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Hmm, you might want to let this jar in the incubator to let it colonize a little more. Watch the pins carefully. Some of em will continue to grow quite fast. The only problem here is that you are almost sure that some pins will abhort and eventually start to rot. As soon as you see the caps getting darker, you must birth the cake and remove these pins. Then, if you cake is still not fully colonized, you might want to remove the uncolonized part of the substrate and put the rest of the cake in your terrarium.

In brief, there's something to flush with this cake. Avoid dunking if not 100% colonized, too much chances of contamination. If you want to dunk, use sterile water or maybe a 10 to 1 mix of tap water/h202.

.fs.

Offlinepsilo9com
Koh Koh Gadget

Re: Invitro pinning... ugh [Re: fIsh in my head]
    #1684444 - 07/03/03 04:07 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I dunked a cake (koh samui) that had a (1) pin growing invitro. Then I just turned it over after 12 hours, and put it in a plastic shopping bag on my desk (light can get through but you can't really see what's in there).

The one baby hyphalknot/pin took up like half the jar when I finally took out the cake to harvest. Got about 50 wt gs from it.

I think invitro is the lazy man's way to go, it's not so far off yield wise from regular pf-tek. If you ever expand to quart jars you should let your old half-pints just sit in a closet or a bag and pin invitro, make the most of your equipment.

OfflineTantalus
Beyonddescription.
Re: Invitro pinning... ugh [Re: psilo9com]
    #1684607 - 07/03/03 05:43 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

psilo9com said:
I think invitro is the lazy man's way to go, it's not so far off yield wise from regular pf-tek.

How much difference would you say there is? I've been wondering about this, if the yield isn't that much lower, does it really even make sense to ever birth at all?

For SWIM, and probably alot of other people that do cakes, space is the limiting factor in how many cakes they do. Someone could do twice as many cakes invitro and take up less space than regular birthing.

Hmm, maybe I should have made this it's own thread, but it went along with what you were saying.

--------------------
"A nation's hope of lasting peace cannot be firmly based upon any race in armaments but rather upon just relations and honest understanding with all other nations...

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed... The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. We pay for a single fighter with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people..."

President Dwight Eisenhower, 1953

OfflineWormbaby79
Stranger

Re: Invitro pinning... ugh [Re: Tantalus]
    #1684890 - 07/03/03 08:18 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I have achieved alot of invitro growth the best way to achieve it is to forget about it. I have noticed that alot of posts latley have been about speed and "checking up" on your babies. LET THEM BE. The best advice to any grower with any method is quit messing with it. Make a scedule and stick to it. You friends will be much more impressed with full grown mushrooms than you showing them as their growin. Rant aside. I grew alot of Puerto Ricans Invitro. Just let them be, check them about once every week and a half. After full colinization it took about a month and a half for the mushies to show up. A little light and jostleing won't hurt but for gods sake just leave them be.

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
Re: Invitro pinning... ugh [Re: Wormbaby79]
    #1684899 - 07/03/03 08:23 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Patience is a virtue that has been known to sow its seeds that will not grow.

-Soochi

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract