Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineI_N_I
Stranger
Invitro pins, birthing and slow growth?
    #415584 - 10/06/01 06:49 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I've read many different opinions regarding invitro pinning and timing for birthing cakes. This is my first successful colonization with EC spores, I have 3-4 cakes that appear fully colonized at this point with another 7 that are moving a bit more slowly (lost 2 maybe 3 to green mold - argh).

I have a few questions:
1. Should I let the colonized jars sit longer with some light exposure to induce pinning? If so, what are the best conditions for this? I'm currently in an incubation chamber with no light exposure, temp approx 82degrees.

2. Is there any problem with putting the cakes in as they're ready (i.e. staggered)? And if my growth has slowed to a snails pace in the other jars, is there anything I can do to accelerate their colonization? I do have an inner reservoir fyi.

One other question, if my growing container sides are relatively see thru with a slight "fog" tint, can i still use the solid top that came with it and get enough light or should i go for saran or plexi top? I can see the contents thru the sides, just a bit "foggy" or "blurry".

Thanks in advance.

I N I

Edited by I_N_I on 10/06/01 11:11 AM.

--------------------

(((((((ooooOOOoooo))))))))

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineI_N_I
Stranger
Re: Staggered Birthing? [Re: I_N_I]
    #415648 - 10/06/01 09:24 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Just read, in regards to slow mycelium growth, that I could take the tape off and replace with an alcohol swab to release CO2 buildup, control for contams, and hopefully kick in growth again. I did this, essentially just draping the alcohol pad over the holes, attempting to seal the holes with the moisture from the pad. Seems ok. Thoughts?

Edited by I_N_I on 10/06/01 10:34 AM.

--------------------

(((((((ooooOOOoooo))))))))

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck