Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineYahoKa
Just a guy.

Loc: Canadian
Dunk and Birth, or wait for invitro pins?
    #3027827 - 08/20/04 09:11 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I'm a newb, so as always, bare with me =)

Out of 9 cakes, 3 are already colonized with mycelium. They are still in the dark, and have not pinned. The cakes have shrunk quite a lot after being colonized with mycelium, so I think they have perhaps lost water. I want some opinions on whether I should dunk the cake and then birth it (exposing to light, no cold shocking), or if I should expose them to light in the jars to initiate pinning.

Also, anyone have a link to a dunk tek - i've read them before but now I can't find a link to one, and the search turns up nothin.

--------------------
Hang on tightly ... and let go lightly.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemeanoldman
old guy
Re: Dunk and Birth, or wait for invitro pins? [Re: YahoKa]
    #3028008 - 08/20/04 10:05 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Let them get some light and pin out before birthing. The original PF TEK says to do that, and I agree. I always let PF cakes get pins prior to birthing, and I get great results. Since you are new at this, fewer things can be muffed up if you let em pin before removing. Try dunk & roll after you get the regular TEK down a few times, not this time.

InvisiblePsyllyMe
LOST.......
Loc: Center of the Known Unive...
    #3028047 - 08/20/04 10:18 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I agree with mean.......but if the cakes are dry as a rock you may wanna dunkem.......heres a link.

http://www.mycotopia.net/site/article.php?13.255

Hippy3's Tek...its off site but a simple explantion

OfflineMad_Hatter2004
Surfista Amigo
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in teh Northern... Flag
    #3028179 - 08/20/04 10:53 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

YahoKa said:
I'm a newb, so as always, bare with me =)

Out of 9 cakes, 3 are already colonized with mycelium. They are still in the dark, and have not pinned. The cakes have shrunk quite a lot after being colonized with mycelium, so I think they have perhaps lost water. I want some opinions on whether I should dunk the cake and then birth it (exposing to light, no cold shocking), or if I should expose them to light in the jars to initiate pinning?

I was wondering that too!

Quote:

Meanoldman said:

Let them get some light and pin out before birthing. The original PF TEK says to do that, and I agree. I always let PF cakes get pins prior to birthing, and I get great results. Since you are new at this, fewer things can be muffed up if you let em pin before removing. Try dunk & roll after you get the regular TEK down a few times, not this time.

Should the temp be dropped some to help initiate the invitro pinning or can they stay around incubating temp? (82f)

Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
    #3028386 - 08/20/04 12:04 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

dude, dunk,roll, and spray.
no need to wait on invitro's  check this out,if you haven't already  :thumbup:

so says kramer :crazy2:

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

Offlinemeanoldman
old guy
Re: Dunk and Birth, or wait for invitro pins? [Re: Mad_Hatter2004]
    #3028432 - 08/20/04 12:15 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Should the temp be dropped some to help initiate the invitro pinning or can they stay around incubating temp? (82f)

I don't use an incubator. Room temps work fine, at least the room temps at my place. Let them cool down at night, mid to low 60's (at night only) is perfect in my experience for pin sets.

Shrinkage is 100% normal, it always happens to some degree. Nothing to be worried about.

You don't need to add any water (dunk) as the cakes still have all the water they started with. They don't lose water until they come out of the jars and start fruiting. After the first flush, they'll want to be rehydrated. Seriously, let them cool down at night, get some pins, then birth them. Don't try to add water to the cakes directly until after the first flush. If you do that, you will get good results this time. Next time play with the variables and see what happens. :smile:

Offline4hodmt
AspiringMycologist

#3028633 - 08/20/04 01:23 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

welll just 5 minutes ago i took off the top layer of verm from my cake and filled it up whilew in the jar with water that had 1/175th bleach. im dunking for about 10 hours, then birthing it. but im going to be casing mine.you could dunk while there are pins invitro or before. cold shocking will hoever make the cake pin earlier.

--------------------
all posts made by 4hodmt are entirely ficticious. the user 4hodmt has noa ffiliation with any company, or organization; any endorsements made by 4hodmt are to be considered a joke. any similarity between a person (or story) 4hodmt is talking about is entirely happenstance. 4hodmt is not to be taken seriously under any circumstance. furthermore, he does not know what he is talking about. Please ignore anything 4hodmt has to say.

_______

"Trust me, I'm from the future.

Actually I'm not from the future, but I did lived there for a while."

- Baby Hitler

Offlinemeanoldman
old guy
Re: Dunk and Birth, or wait for invitro pins? [Re: 4hodmt]
    #3028832 - 08/20/04 02:26 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Does that method work very well for you, consistantly?

InvisiblePsyllyMe
LOST.......
Loc: Center of the Known Unive...
Re: Dunk and Birth, or wait for invitro pins? [Re: 4hodmt]
    #3029607 - 08/20/04 05:54 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

huh? why bleach? it is found in most big city taps already......i live where the water is spring fed.......10 hrs? how does that work for ya?

peace

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix