Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinethealkaloid
Stranger
republican vs. democrat : it's all a scam!
    #891295 - 09/18/02 02:11 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Every four years the US holds a little presidential election. And most people vote for their favorite canidate. They determine their favorite canidate by listening and evaluating views and policies expressed by each presidential canidate running. Most likely the kind of govermental denomination you'll support will be from the Democratic side or the Republican side. Well here is my personal theory: (remember this is just speculation, i don't want to piss anyone off) the president, no matter who it is at any given time, is not the supreme leader of our country. no, he is simply a spokesmen for the US goverment. He acts as a personable and friendly representation of the workings of the government. He is here to comfort us by facilitating laws, regulations, and espeacially now, international threats or enemies. The US is composed of a lot of scared people. Scared people, espeacially millions of them, have a lot of power. Their power is in to inadvertantly complicate the government's grasp on things. To ensure power, the government has enlisted a simple system to condense all those frightening and complicated descrepancies facing the United States into a brief and reassuring speech. It's called presidency. Isn't it ironic that a democracy is ruled by one man? Now I realize that we live in a well provided and secure country. But that doesn't mean we can't be living any better or that the way our country is going is the best it can be. We are far from a communist dictatorship. But anyway since the president (in my view) is basically a tool manipulating us into believeing that everything will work out, the question is now this: what motivates us into voting or even participating in politics? I believe that the whole "Democrat vs. Republican" bullshit is simply a competitive way to stimulate the masses to hand over power to the government. In democracy, as in fairy tales as well, it only exists if people believe in it or support it. I believe in the most innocent form of democracy but today's democracy is corrupted. The government is asking for support everyday from each citizen and with every citizen that submits, the government gains more and more power over us. So to overview what I've been rambling on about: You vote because it's almost like a game. You root for your team or canidate in this place and you personally feel like you have more control over your life if your canidate wins. You believe you've made a political contribution to US history. You self gratify yourself with every vote. You get so engulfed by political hysteria that you can't even imagine the same nation run by a different president or the canidate you opposed. It's like planes will fall from the sky if "so and so" becomes president. Realize that you are not obligated to do anything in this country, regardless of law. Laws are both good and evil but sometimes they prevent basic human freedoms. Drugs are a timeaged classic example of the previous statement. Who says I can't toy with my nuerochemisrty? I mean the thought is absurd! EXAMPLE: DMT is illegal yet you are born with it existing in your own body naturally! Should we all be imprisoned? Because we all are guilty of DMT possession. Until the only laws in practice are ones to protect us and secure us, not to control us and hold us back, I've no trust with the government. The president has no real power, he's here simply to announce random bullshit and look important ( to and credibility to the government, of course). The elections are simply to provoke competitive and volnerable behavior. And our nation's laws barely make sense! that's it for now. I hope this wasn't too boring. if you object or agree please respond. not too many people I've talked to agree with my views regarding the election so don't be shy. just realize that i'm not attacking anything but the suppression of personal freedom.
p.s. I can't spell so bare with me!

Edited by thealkaloid (09/18/02 02:17 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLarrythescaryrex
teardrop on the fire
Male User Gallery

Loc: further down the spiral
Re: republican vs. democrat : it's all a scam! [Re: thealkaloid]
    #891299 - 09/18/02 02:13 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

i'm a bull moose.

--------------------
RIP Acidic_Sloth

Sunset_Mission said:
"larry the scary rex
verily scary when thoroughly vexed
invoke the shadows and dust, cast a hex
mercifully massacring memories masterfully
relocate from Ur to 8th density and become a cosmic bully
mulder and scully couldn't decipher his glyphs
invoke the shadows and dust, smoke infernal spliffs"
April 24th 2011

Offlinepimpadelic
enthusiast
Loc: Chattanooga, TN
    #891494 - 09/18/02 03:35 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I agree with you!

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #891514 - 09/18/02 03:42 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Okay, sure, the democrats and republicans are both worn out political parties filled with passionless people just groveling for votes and power...

but:
"I believe that the whole "Democrat vs. Republican" bullshit is simply a competitive way to stimulate the masses to hand over power to the government."

Are you saying that there is some secret conspiracy in the government to control the masses through the democrats and republicans? Or are you saying that it simply works out this way, due to a flawed system?

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Offlinerosewoodpete
a grain of sandamongst thedunes

Re: republican vs. democrat : it's all a scam! [Re: Phluck]
    #891777 - 09/18/02 05:46 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Dude, i couldn't read all those little words everywhere. but i probably agree.

OfflineAlbino_Jesus
Clearly Retarded
 User Gallery

Loc: Construction ahead...
    #891813 - 09/18/02 06:06 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

the republican/democrat thing is indeed a  scam (rather I'd call it a farce), but merely because they're the exact same consumerism advocates(as  opposed to consumer-advocates  :wink:  ) embodied by separate entities with vague  "differences" among entirely superficial and, in my opinion, unimportant "issues".

--------------------
The only difference between the Republican and Democratic parties is the velocities with which their knees hit the floor when corporations knock on their door.
-Ralph Nader

Offlinefrancisco
Richman Sporeman
Loc: USA
    #893561 - 09/19/02 12:37 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

become an independant or a libertarian.Remember your history.the republicans killed off the whigs.The least we independants and libertarians can do for america is to kill the republican party.Alas the dem's have been around forever,so their better entrenched.

--------------------
Well...Maybe just a little.

Jump to top Pages: 1