Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
About how much would it cost me to setup 2-3 marthas or greenhouses?
    #8881820 -

I'm planning on setting up 2-3 marthas or greenhouses within the next couple months and I'm just wondering about how much this is gonna cost me for all my supplies to get everything started.

I'm talking all supplies, h-poo, pressure cooker, TiT setup, greenhouses, humidifires, dehimidfier for drying, etc... EVERYTHING. Aproximatly how much do you think this will cost me.

And another question I have is about how much time do you will think it will take from the first day I get everyting started to a fully dried harvest? 1.5-2 months?

And I'm also wondering about how many hours of work it'll take me to run 2 marthas? I'm going to school full time AND working full time so I'm really busy at the moment and don't have a lot of free time.

Thanks for any help.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: About how much would it cost me to setup 2-3 marthas or greenhouses? [Re: RobMarley420]
    #8881864 -

this is impossible for you.  sorry.
it is a lot of work to keep a full/healthy/clean martha, let alone 2.  your main concern is just generating enough substrate to fill that much space. you need a couple big pressure cookers.  if you build the Greenhouses yourself, $250 for three fully functional GHs.  slightly less if you hunt them bargains. 
at least two monthes to get anything out of that. 
your in way over your head already.  think smaller. 
one effective GH can make 5Lbs.


--------------------




xxx..Learn Something..xxx

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: About how much would it cost me to setup 2-3 marthas or greenhouses? [Re: Omnicracker]
    #8881868 -

3-400$ us :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: About how much would it cost me to setup 2-3 marthas or greenhouses? [Re: RobMarley420]
    #8881873 -

Price depends. EVERYTHING could run a few hundred to a few thousand, depending on many variables.

Time can also vary, depending on methods, and variables of products as above.

Work wise. Can also vary. If you are running Martha's then spending some extra cash on perks can almost automate the whole thing, at least in regards to FAE and humidity maintenance.

Really, it all depends. Do you have a specific set-up and methodology in mind?



~Monk

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: About how much would it cost me to setup 2-3 marthas or greenhouses? [Re: Omnicracker]
    #8881876 -

I'm also living with my girlfriend who could help out with it too.


--------------------

Edited by RobMarley420 (09/05/08 04:57 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: About how much would it cost me to setup 2-3 marthas or greenhouses? [Re: RobMarley420]
    #8881895 -

You need to start small try a couple small mono tubs.. You will get decent yields if done properly and there is little maintenance..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: About how much would it cost me to setup 2-3 marthas or greenhouses? [Re: numonkei]
    #8881904 -

numonkei said:
Really, it all depends. Do you have a specific set-up and methodology in mind?




I'm pretty much gonna copy my friends set up.

Mycelium will colonize on millit seed (or whatever it is) in a TiT set up. And then that will be mixed with H-poo for the substrate. Humidifiers for the humidity and a dehydrater to dry the shrooms.

My friend also said he's got a bunch of colonized jars that he could loan me so I can just do grain to grain to get everything started off.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: About how much would it cost me to setup 2-3 marthas or greenhouses? [Re: Damion5050]
    #8881911 -

Damion5050 said:
You need to start small try a couple small mono tubs.. You will get decent yields if done properly and there is little maintenance..



That's what I'm considering doing for the time being.

I'll have to look into that.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: About how much would it cost me to setup 2-3 marthas or greenhouses? [Re: RobMarley420]
    #8881976 -

RobMarley420 said:
numonkei said:
Really, it all depends. Do you have a specific set-up and methodology in mind?




I'm pretty much gonna copy my friends set up.

Mycelium will colonize on millit seed (or whatever it is) in a TiT set up. And then that will be mixed with H-poo for the substrate. Humidifiers for the humidity and a dehydrater to dry the shrooms.

My friend also said he's got a bunch of colonized jars that he could loan me so I can just do grain to grain to get everything started off.



If you're going to copy him , ask him . He ought to know how much it cost .

I can set up a four tier GH for $40 . Everything , up and running .

Peace,Love and Happiness
:heart: HC :mushroom2:


--------------------
Peace,Love and Happiness
:heart: HC :mushroom2:

Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose..............

I LUV My Greenhouse
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5545848#5545848

My First Pans
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6212058#6212058

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: About how much would it cost me to setup 2-3 marthas or greenhouses? [Re: HippieChick]
    #8882259 -

Hey,

I built mine last week and it only cost about $150.00-175.00 for everything, pvc and fittings, polly, duckt tape, cool mist, trays, etc. 4' wide x 4' long x 5.5' high.

The fruiting room is built from 1-1/4" PVC and 2 mil clear painters drop plastic with a lot of duct tape!  I will have (2) stands of racks in the room, each can hold 300 pounds and each is 1' deep by 3' wide by 4.5' tall with four levels.  That leaves plenty of room for me to move around and for the cool mist too.  I will expand this fruiting room next run.  For now my fruiting room is only 4' wide by 4' long by 5.5' high.  The temp stays at 76-78 and the humidity is at 90-93%.

You also may want a clean room, very nice to have :smile:

Check out this thread for pics and a bit more info:
Quickpick's Playhouse! (sterile room, fruiting room, incubation room)


I got a 23 qt Presto PC from amazon for about $70.  Single cool mist for my 'green house' was $20.00.  A magnetic stirrer is suggested too (and stir bars) if you going for the gold, off ebay it only like $35.00.

For TiT I'm gonna use a closet with a space heater with thermostat, I can set to about 78-80 and forget.  Lots more room in a closet!  I got my space heater with thermostat from amazon for $25.00.

Peat moss, c.lime (or h.lime), gypsum, etc should around $35-75.

H.poo = collect it yourself, it's free and better, IMO.  If you can find it that is. 

Warning:  A bit of rant ahaead! :smile: lol
I'm stoked as the horses I use for my h.poo are only feed organic alfalfa.  The N from alfalfa will be good for fungals via the h.poo.  ALso, a great thing about alfalfa is it's "inulin" content, especially in lower stalks and roots.  Inulin is a basic carbon (carbohydrate) formed in roots of plants, with some plants having a much higher inulin content.  Inulin will feed the fungals (like p.cube) and is in a very effective state for uptake by fungals.  My only question is how much inulin remains after processing by the horses gut.  The h.poo has alfalfa left undigested (like beans for humans) so I assume it will still contain inulin.

I am working on a DIY method to extract inulin from chicory root and then use that to make LC (to replace corn sugar and malt extract).  I have been researching inulin for a while now and I believe inulin is one of the 'trades' AM (arbuscular mycorrhizeas) makes with the roots of its symbiont host plant.



I'm sure I forgot stuff, HTH :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: About how much would it cost me to setup 2-3 marthas or greenhouses? [Re: RobMarley420]
    #8883399 -

RobMarley420 said:
I'm also living with my girlfriend who could help out with it too.



Eep.. would be extremely worried about dumping large amounts of money into a setup with a 'girlfriend' around. One messy breakup and.........


--------------------
"The theft of the seals and the possibility of a Planet X really point to everything we are doing as humans.

It was all set up. Were doing the same thing Hitler did with artifacts and knowledge about hollow earth.

Everthing points to hollow earth and that ultimitaly points to planet X." 


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: About how much would it cost me to setup 2-3 marthas or greenhouses? [Re: Gojira45]
    #8883802 -

full time both school and work,, go with monotub..

I work 3rd shift so i'm sleeping during the day time.  Monotub is the way to go.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: About how much would it cost me to setup 2-3 marthas or greenhouses? [Re: Gojira45]
    #8887506 -

Gojira45 said:
RobMarley420 said:
I'm also living with my girlfriend who could help out with it too.



Eep.. would be extremely worried about dumping large amounts of money into a setup with a 'girlfriend' around. One messy breakup and.........



Technically she's my fiance so I'm not worried about a breakup.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: About how much would it cost me to setup 2-3 marthas or greenhouses? [Re: RobMarley420]
    #8887523 -

Oh , no problem then . It's not like she's your wife . We all know that no marriages in this country ever end in divorce , LMAO .

Peace,Love and Happiness
:heart: HC :mushroom2:


--------------------
Peace,Love and Happiness
:heart: HC :mushroom2:

Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose..............

I LUV My Greenhouse
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5545848#5545848

My First Pans
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6212058#6212058

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: About how much would it cost me to setup 2-3 marthas or greenhouses? [Re: HippieChick]
    #8890594 -

lol

I'm not worried about a breakup, this girl is my soul mate. :heart:

And in the very rare case that we did break up, I still wouldn't be worried about much, she's a shroomery member too. trippychick420


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: About how much would it cost me to setup 2-3 marthas or greenhouses? *DELETED* [Re: HippieChick]
    #8890644 -

Post deleted by Alabama Slim

Reason for deletion: delete


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: About how much would it cost me to setup 2-3 marthas or greenhouses? [Re: Alabama Slim]
    #8890697 -

4-tier portable greenhouses go for $18 + $12 s&h on ebay, so  3 of those will cost me $90

100 pounds of horse shit should cost around $200

Pressure cooker should cost about $100

So that's about $400 right there, and then I'll still need humidifiers, jars, tyvek, spores, sterylization stuff, etc...

I think I'll be able to get everything for around $600.

Not too bad.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: About how much would it cost me to setup 2-3 marthas or greenhouses? *DELETED* [Re: RobMarley420]
    #8890775 -

Post deleted by Alabama Slim

Reason for deletion: delete


Edited by Alabama Slim (09/07/08 12:45 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: About how much would it cost me to setup 2-3 marthas or greenhouses? [Re: Alabama Slim]
    #8890992 -

Alabama Slim said:
I was thinking just the greenhouse and humidifiers.
Everything else is already covered.

Someone tell my how to work that out for $40 and I'll be a happy man.



http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5545848#Post5545848

$20 for the GH , $2 for a coolmist from Goodwill , about $7 for the PVC , $5 for the 3 mil plastic and $6 for any little extras:grin:

You can also forget about the $7 if you place the CM in the GH , so make that $33 up and running .:thumbup:

Peace,Love and Happiness
:heart: HC :mushroom2:


--------------------
Peace,Love and Happiness
:heart: HC :mushroom2:

Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose..............

I LUV My Greenhouse
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5545848#5545848

My First Pans
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6212058#6212058

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: About how much would it cost me to setup 2-3 marthas or greenhouses? [Re: Alabama Slim]
    #8891032 -

Hey,

I'm just getting back to growing p.cube and I had to buy everything to start up with last month.  Everything your talking about, plus micronized gypsum, micronized calcitic lime, yucca (preservative free), kelp (preservative free), 30+ quart jars, etc, plus what I've posted and 2 syringes of Ecuador ( w/a nice Quezon freebie :smile: ) all for about $600-800. 

If you can afford a mag stirrer for about $30-40 from ebay that's something you might want to consider, I am really glad I have one, makes LC's easy.

IMVHO: 
It maybe better to try to find a place to collect h.poo for free or cheap, if you live say within an hour of a horse stable, boarding farm, riding/training stable, etc.  And check creigslist too, I've found h.poo listed on it before.  Then take that $200.00 you'll save and get a mag stirrer and build a 'clean room', it's SO much nicer than messing with a glove box (I have both and threw away the glove box).  And if you collect you own h.poo you can easily add amendments commonly discussed on this site. (that's what I'm doing)

HTH :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Where can i buy the martha greenhouse?
( 1 2 all )
fluks 4,980 20 06/16/05 04:54 AM
by srgtm1a
* cost of martha setup zxsevinr 1,137 9 11/01/04 10:15 PM
by zxsevinr
* One more Martha question. thebottomhalf 724 4 11/08/05 09:24 PM
by MaJikFungus
* Don't live near K-Mart want a Martha?
( 1 2 all )
Magash 4,213 34 10/28/04 10:21 PM
by AhronZombi
* New to the Shroomery, here is my setup. searcher745 1,887 12 09/25/05 05:00 AM
by backupwards
* heating the greenhouse
( 1 2 all )
hills 4,741 26 11/21/04 12:23 PM
by Peterthinks
* how to heat a martha style setup. TheLightIsOn 2,777 14 01/26/06 02:23 PM
by Oatman2000
* Please help me answer some questions on my Martha setup? Wronguy 3,566 19 05/08/05 07:47 PM
by scatmanrav

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
3,709 topic views. 9 members, 75 guests and 179 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 18 queries.