Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblederx
who run it
 User Gallery

Loc: dx/dt
Re: heating the greenhouse [Re: hills]
    #3392754 - 11/21/04 10:59 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

if you have bought this greenhouse it does not have a bottom to it. I cut 4 mil thick plastic and taped it around all the way except between the 2 zippers. This provides perfect air exchange in and out.

--------------------
better living through chemistry

OVERGROW the government!!

it's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom, ok, thats what it is.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehills
"Criminal"
 User Gallery
Loc: Earth
Re: heating the greenhouse [Re: derx]
    #3392768 - 11/21/04 11:11 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

i really do not understand your logic, but i of course believe you. from my understanding, you're enclosing the bottom using plastic creating an enclosed chamber. then you are pumping humidity and fresh O2 into the chamber. wonderful, but don't you need something sucking the CO2 out of the chamber, as well? sry im being repetitive

--------------------
I am the key to the lock in your house
That keeps your toys in the basement
And if you get too far inside
You'll only see my reflection

Invisiblederx
who run it
 User Gallery

Loc: dx/dt
Re: heating the greenhouse [Re: hills]
    #3392781 - 11/21/04 11:18 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Ok. Hmmm..... the bottom is not totally enclosed, it is on 3 sides but on the zipper side it is not enclosed. The plastic still comes upa couple inches but I did not tape anything there so air can move freely. Air being pumped into the system forces other air to be pushed out. CO2 sinks compared to O2.

--------------------
better living through chemistry

OVERGROW the government!!

it's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom, ok, thats what it is.

Offlinehills
"Criminal"
 User Gallery
Loc: Earth
    #3392813 - 11/21/04 11:31 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

thanks man

--------------------
I am the key to the lock in your house
That keeps your toys in the basement
And if you get too far inside
You'll only see my reflection

InvisiblePeterthinks
(Caulking) gun for hire

#3392837 - 11/21/04 11:43 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

You may want to consider insulation too.
With less heat loss you can use a smaller heater.
http://www.earthadvantage.com/homes/pop/insulation/pix/in_rigid.jpg
Or just find an old fridge and use it,you have a door,it's well insulated,it has a nice seal to keep out bugs,you can install a lock,you have shelves and if you have a working one you can use it to cold shock to stimulate fruiting.
A 100 watt light bulb is the same as a 100 watt heater as far as mushrooms are concerned and they need the light to develop properly.
Use a timer going to a lamp,I'd change the bulb to 100 move the socket further into the fridge and bypass the door switch then just plug the fridge into the light timer with the compressor bypassed...but I'm a handy dude and know electricity,I recommend caution or an electrician friend.
A submersible heater in a large jar in the fridge can provide heat when the light is off.(the light has to cycle)
You can probably pick up a used fridge pretty cheap especially if it isn't working at all,and it won't draw as much attention as a clear plastic covered shelving unit full of mushrooms.
you can install a computer case fan in a hole in the side of the fridge (carefull cutting, wiring or coils may be in there!)for air circulation if it gets too hot (wire to thermostat)or you want to get rid of CO2
put it low(CO2 sinks)with a flapper valve(rubber or thick plastic curtain)on the outside to prevent bugs getting in and keep wind out.
Geeze where can I get a fridge?
I think I may build one and stick it in the garage:jester:

--------------------
Give a man a fire and he will be warm for the rest of the night.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
NEWB NEWBIE NEWCOMER IGNORANT? QUESTIONS?
Click HERE HERE HERE HERE For detailed instructions with pictures on how to grow mushrooms. There is a lot of info on the Shroomery and this is what you need to know.

Edited by Peterthinks (11/21/04 11:56 AM)

Offlinedjred

Re: heating the greenhouse [Re: Peterthinks]
    #3392917 - 11/21/04 12:13 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

peter think is fucking the sh...it lol not that im going to go thru with all that technical shit..but he's creative..good deal 5 shrooms to him..

InvisiblePeterthinks
(Caulking) gun for hire

Re: heating the greenhouse [Re: djred]
    #3392944 - 11/21/04 12:23 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

WooHoo!Shroomed again!:jester:
It wouldn't be that hard to do,really
If you don't want to screw with the electric just run two extension cords thru the side of the fridge for your power needs.
One for the heater and one for the light(lamp)with a timer on the end of it.You could do it with one cord but I wouldn't put the timer I have inside a high humidity grow chamber.
Sometimes I overthink stuff.

--------------------
Give a man a fire and he will be warm for the rest of the night.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
NEWB NEWBIE NEWCOMER IGNORANT? QUESTIONS?
Click HERE HERE HERE HERE For detailed instructions with pictures on how to grow mushrooms. There is a lot of info on the Shroomery and this is what you need to know.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract