Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon HEPA Filter, Hygrometer, Portable Greenhouse, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesearcher745
Wanderer

New to the Shroomery, here is my setup.
    #4707954 - 09/25/05 02:38 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

This is my first post here. I've been lurking around here for a while now. I just thought I should introduce myself to the community and show you all my setup. I use the Martha Stewart closet (not the portable one that is 6" smaller). I've seen many people on here use various greenhouses to do the same setup and it inspired me to get the closet. I like the Martha Stewart closet because of the materials its made of. Its a metal frame, thats pretty well designed. And, the biggest up-side to using the Martha over other greenhouses/closets is that the Martha already has the plastic bottom, no need to make on for it like you would have to on a greenhouse. Here are a few pictures:

Thats a digital hygrometer(?) and thermometer on the top right and the coolmist to the left. You can see the positive pressure from the coolmist.

Here it is open so that you can see my shelves. I used 6'x16" wire shelves (coated with white plastic) that I got a Home Depot. I just got two and had them cut it in half. I got this idea right here at the shroomery, but I can't remember where. They fit PERFECT just like the post said they would.

I also chained them up like they suggested.

I'll play with my camera some more, and then more pics to come.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMagashM
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Re: New to the Shroomery, here is my setup. [Re: searcher745]
    #4707963 - 09/25/05 02:42 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Glad ya like it did that post look like this  :wink: 

Well it use to look like this with the pvc

There have been a few changes. Shelves are now chain.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinelosfreddy
Composter
Male User Gallery

Re: New to the Shroomery, here is my setup. [Re: Magash]
    #4707999 - 09/25/05 02:52 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

looks like your baisc CP, hydro, Mushroom, Weed, coffee or whatever the hell it is your growing in the house setup

--------------------
Quit reading my mind!

Offlinesearcher745
Wanderer

Cool mist pics [Re: searcher745]
    #4708001 - 09/25/05 02:53 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I bought a cool mist to humidify the fruiting chamber, but, naturally, had to modify it. Mine is a Holmes Cool Mist Humidifier. I found it at Wal-Mart for ~$20.00. It has a big fan on it, nothing to attach an airline hose into so it had to be modified.

This is a picture of the fan cover that needs to be removed from the cool mist and the remains of the bottle I attached to the humidifier. I took this picture so that you could see the brand name. Its Super Tech (Wal-Mart brand) window washer fluid. I got this bottle because it fits PERFECTLY if you cut it at its widest point just under the handle (its obvious where this is when you see it).

Here is the cool mist in its completed form. I use the top hole and another I made on the side because: 1)It needs two hoses so the fan doesn't have to much resistance and 2)I can put the hoses in at different spots so that there is fresh airflow to all of the fruiting chamber.

And here is the cool mist airline intake. I reinforced it with deuct tape on each side then cut holes slightly smaller than the airline hoses.

Offlinesearcher745
Wanderer

Re: Cool mist pics [Re: Magash]
    #4708004 - 09/25/05 02:54 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah Magash, exactly like that.

Offlinesearcher745
Wanderer

Re: New to the Shroomery, here is my setup. [Re: Magash]
    #4708013 - 09/25/05 02:57 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Magash, did you just sit the bottom shelf right on the bottom of the closet?

Offlinesearcher745
Wanderer

A few more pics of my lab. [Re: searcher745]
    #4708064 - 09/25/05 03:13 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Here are a few more pictures (still playing around with my camera). This time pictures of my lab:

This is how I fixed all of my contamination problems. This is a drop in ceiling hepa filter and fan. Yes, it is laminar flow. I have it permanently (well, not too permanently) mounted to the wall I've framed up.

Here is a better picture of the wall. It seals off a small part of a big room to make a clean room. the door is just plastic, with duct tape on that one edge. I've brass grommets in it and hooks on the frame of the door so that I can close the door but still let out a lot of air. There is good positive pressure in the room.

This is the front of the hepa and my work table.

This is a picture of the Martha Stewart fruiting chamber next to a stealth cabinet (overgrowers on here will recognize this as the C13 closet from Home Depot)

But I'm not using it to grow weed anymore. I'm just using it as a closet for my suits. I use full body tyvek suits when working in my clean room. And shoulder length plastic gloves.

And the light I'm not using to grow weed anymore.

Offlinesearcher745
Wanderer

Just one more pic [Re: searcher745]
    #4708119 - 09/25/05 03:25 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Just one more picture before i'm done. I did a search on this forum for the contact sterilant that I use. I didn't get a single thread so I thought I would mention it.

I use a chemical called Iodophor, more commonly called B-T-F. Its contains or is Iodine. It is in the same class of contact sterilant as clorine. It works slightly less effectively than clorine but does not break down nearly as fast.

It is unstable though, and needs to be kept in the dark. I buy one gallon of the stuff for ~$25.00 but 11 fl. oz. will make a 55 gallon barrel of the solution at double strength. I don't ever make that much because it breaks down too quickly when mixed with water.

This is the same contact sterilant that is used by breweries, cheese factories, etc. I've used it along with my flowhood and have never had contams yet.

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
Re: Just one more pic [Re: searcher745]
    #4708141 - 09/25/05 03:30 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Great stuff--looks professional. Question: you say Idophor is a "contact sterilant". What does that mean, exactly? Is it sprayable?

Offlinesearcher745
Wanderer

Re: Just one more pic [Re: Land_Crab]
    #4708173 - 09/25/05 03:40 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

It means that it kills everything it touches, but would not be effective at killing airborne contaminants. It pretty much just like bleach, alcohol, or clorine; give it two minutes and everything it touched will be dead (technically just microbial death).

Its pretty much just a cheaper alternative to alcohol. Oh!, and did I mention, there are NO FUMES!? I think thats pretty important, because, from time to time, I wash EVERYTHING in my cleanroom with a sterilant. I've tried this with alcohol and then with bleach. The alcohol was just unpleasant, but the bleach I needed a gas mask for.

Offlinesearcher745
Wanderer

Re: Just one more pic [Re: Land_Crab]
    #4708190 - 09/25/05 03:44 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

land_crab: Here is a fact sheet on sterilants that I've dug up for you. It is comprehensive and explains anything you could possibly want to know about sterilants, all of them, I think.

CHOOSING THE PROPER SANITIZER OR DISINFECTANT

Invisibleshroomr4life
Re: Just one more pic [Re: searcher745]
    #4708624 - 09/25/05 06:27 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

damn, pretty much perfect. looks like u should have some great fruits. BEST OF LUCK!

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Loc: somewhere else
Re: Just one more pic [Re: shroomr4life]
    #4708654 - 09/25/05 07:00 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

nice set up, spent some time on that, huh?
best of luck with the use of it all.
:peace:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon HEPA Filter, Hygrometer, Portable Greenhouse, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation