Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

Hypnotism as a belief interface
    #8798834 - 08/20/08 12:35 AM (10 years, 3 days ago)

Learning hypnosis itself was a positive step for me, it helped me relax.

It also helped me uncover why I had begun to build up anxiety during my previous year of employment. I was a phone sales agent, it took me less than six months to get to the top of the 700 agent center, my first sales job. But what I did made me unhappy, I kept my record spotless and I always let them be happy to buy, but the statistics showed they didn't want to (I sold more than 15 times the average). I knew I didn't want to actually think about the ethics of the techniques suggested to me;
use only positive statements,
match emotional tone,
use predictive language,
guide the conversation non-interruptively...

It was really only a cosmic coincidence that I learned hypnotism explicitly and put the pieces together. I guess a part of me must have always known, but it was pretty creepy to realize I was already an experienced subliminal hypnotist.

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

The most distorted perspective possible is the perspective that yours is not distorted.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Hypnotism as a belief interface [Re: ExplosiveMango]
    #8798954 - 08/20/08 01:01 AM (10 years, 3 days ago)

Any teks you'd recommend for self hypnosis?

I've had some success in the past, but it was with a self-hypnosis tape and I lost it a while ago.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

Re: Hypnotism as a belief interface [Re: deCypher]
    #8799082 - 08/20/08 01:49 AM (10 years, 3 days ago)

I liked using simple youtube videos when I wanted to have tapes. I only used tapes for a while, I started to prefer self-guided self-hypnosis. I have been doing more meditation and less self-hypnosis recently, although I am starting to do some hypnosis with friends now which is cool.

When I started getting good results with self-guided self hypnosis one pattern I really got into was as follows:

1) primary body relaxation trance-
First I identify body parts and tell them to be heavy and relaxed (I like the british guy on the 'banned self hypnosis' youtube video for use of language for this stage). Pretty straight forward step.

Going through the muscles in detail and taking longer produces a stronger effect.

2) secondary body relaxation-
I like to hypnotically suggest that I am hovering above 'an infinite blue lake' and going through the following stages:
1 - floating
2 - sinking below the surface
3 - farther below, light fading
4 - warmth
5 - weightlessness, void

3) tertiary relaxation-

I find targeting the mind/body/spirit individually and going round the circle is an effective method.

I like to suggest that gravity disappears and the body relaxes, time disappears and the mind relaxes, and that question disappears and the spirit relaxes.

And then I usually do the second state relaxation backward so that I don't "get the bends".
(Hypnosis allows you to relax very deeply, although I doubt there would be any real physical danger, jolts of intention can really cause you to lose equilibrium when you are deep)

For a direct recommendation I would say simple part by part body relaxation is a great entry point. Then it really depends what you are into, some people like it more visual/metaphoric some like it more literal. Starting simple is always a good approach.

You can definitely do instructive routines as well as just relaxation, but what that amounts to is telling yourself things in an organized way. So far I have just been going with relaxation.

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

The most distorted perspective possible is the perspective that yours is not distorted.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology