Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Laura Huxley

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibletracing
Stranger

self-hypnosis??
    #3301532 - 10/31/04 05:53 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Anyone tried it?, I presume no one here has. It seems too good to be true. If it where as easy as these people make it sound Id presume it'd be better than doing any drug.

a clip from the first paragraph: http://mentalhelp.net/psyhelp/chap14/chap14w.htm

With a little practice, most people can be hypnotized and can use self-hypnosis. Hypnosis allows us to experience thoughts, fantasies and images as almost real (Soskis, 1986). The hypnotized person knows the experience is not real, however, because he/she doesn't act like it is real. Under hypnosis we may vividly imagine being at the beach but we don't take off our clothes and try to jump into the water.

One of the most unreal things Ive ever seen is people being hypnotized, its just totaly unreal!, like something out of the twilight zone, but its here and real. I just never can come to grips to how these professionals hypnotize people so easily, its just unbelievable.

Now if we could hypnotize ourselves just as easily. Id be on vacation everyday to say the least, alice in wonderland anyone?.

Thoughts?.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: self-hypnosis?? [Re: tracing]
    #3301548 - 10/31/04 05:57 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I have played with it, but you cannot attain as deep a trance as with regular hypnosis without falling to sleep.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Invisibletracing
Stranger

Re: self-hypnosis?? [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3301575 - 10/31/04 06:04 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Where you able to attain some kind of vivid imagery.. dream like state of the sort?.

How have you gone about doing it exactly?. Guided audio seems the next best thing to actualy having a professional do it, or at worst with your own voice, just an assumption, I dont know much about hypnosis, I just started to do some research on it.

Almost seems like meditation but with a voice guiding you through the process, I wonder whats the underlying differences..?

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3301584 - 10/31/04 06:08 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

""With a little practice, most people can be hypnotized and can use self-hypnosis. Hypnosis allows us to experience thoughts, fantasies and images as almost real (Soskis, 1986). The hypnotized person knows the experience is not real, however, because he/she doesn't act like it is real. Under hypnosis we may vividly imagine being at the beach but we don't take off our clothes and try to jump into the water. ""

again.... IS THAT NOT WHAT WE CALL DREAMING? :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #3301682 - 10/31/04 06:43 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Self guided...I did use the state for imagery...as a matter of fact it is indistinquishable from the trance entered during a shamanic journey...the intent is just different. Using live or recorded drumming is an effective method for attaining this state for me.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: self-hypnosis?? [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3301902 - 10/31/04 07:46 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

check out masters & houston _mind games_

(also milton erikson, stan grof, laura huxley, NLP, &c...)

there are a few people onboard here who have worked w/hypnosis

(one member is a certified hypnotherapist, i think, hehheh...)

ya just hafta remember to tell yourself to

***WAKE UP***
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

heh...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
Loc: Australia
Re: self-hypnosis?? [Re: gnrm23]
    #3302630 - 10/31/04 10:52 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

here are some sites i have posted them before and will again

http://phillips.personal.nccu.edu.tw/DRTRC/index.html
http://phillips.personal.nccu.edu.tw/hypnosis/index.html
http://phillips.personal.nccu.edu.tw/guidedimagery/index.html

and this one just weird files to listen to
http://www.warpmymind.com/FilesMain.php?display=Help

if you really want to learn go see a hynpotheraphist they will teach you how to do it and then put in a trance and give you some suggestions to make self-hypnosis deeper and quicker.

all hypnosis is self-hypnosis

--------------------
suicide a permanent solution to a temporary problem

Edited by spudamore (10/31/04 10:53 PM)

Invisibletracing
Stranger

Re: self-hypnosis?? [Re: spudamore]
    #3303986 - 11/01/04 10:11 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

those are some excellent links :thumbup:

Id really like to hear about peoples personal experiences, either being hypnotized or self-hypnosis

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis (Retired)
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #3304668 - 11/01/04 02:44 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

yeah ive played around with it a bit. I start out by vividly imagining a beutifull scene with me in it (after entering a relaxed state) then i just explore it, its like a dream, the new scenes and enviroments more or less present themselves automatically without concious effort, so it leaves the realm of imagination and enters a more real state, where its likea dream and you can actually explroe your imagined world without feeling that its contrived.

ive had cool experiences this way, floating around, swimming in the air with dolphins, delving into caves , batteling with zombies.

at the end of the day i cant say i ever got farther than an enjoyable little relaxing fantasy. i think this could go WAY deeper though, with effort, its basically unlimited what you can do.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction. This poster is no longer active.

Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
Loc: Australia
Re: self-hypnosis?? [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3308127 - 11/02/04 09:23 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

a relative that i just met at the start of this year did hypnosis and nlp on me. she is a shaman(non psychs) hypnotheraphist, nlp , Melchizedek Method practictioner, channeler and a few other things aswell.
we just sat down for about an hour just talked about me and what i want to acheive in a session and did a timeline of situations that happened in my life that i need to overcome. habits and patterns and when they formed, and why they formed.
1st she started of with nlp to boost self worth and confidence, and to have a clear direction in life. it was really hard for me because you have to talk out aloud all these affirmations but you can notice a change in being after once you have said them. voice started out really unsure and shakey but more into the session it became stronger.
then took me through self-hypnosis and what to expect, and how its like reprogramming your mind. and that you are in control of your mind all the time through out the session.
started to put me in a trance, started to ask me questions, and if i couldn't speak just to give her a signal for yes or no. i couldn't even get out a word, there was a major blockage in my throat, even when i tried very hard to say something nothing would happen.
just made some suggestions to the sub-conscious, and then came out of the trance. had a break for 30 mins or so then went back in for a meditation and some healing.
meditation was for releasing past programs, beliefs, old patterns, anything negative in the past. it was the one where you visualize going to a cinema view your life going back a hour ago, then a day ago, a week ago, a month ago, a year ago, 5 years ago, all the way back to infancy. cutting out all the bad stuff that happened and replacing it with loving thoughts and feelings. and then start to write your present and future as you would like it to be.
healing, she channels thoth and had him speak to me for awhile, very weird..then thoth did a healing on me. was laying on a table, scanning my body for energy blockages, and did some energy work on them, then it sat by my head and started to reconnect neural pathways that i have damaged from drinking and drugs. it didn't even touch my head but felt fingers go though my head into my brain, felt like little electric shocks on the brain. that ended.
she came back talked about what happened in the session if i needed to ask any questions and such.

but never really did any fanatsy or astral experiences of self hypnosis. if you want to do self hypnosis requires a bit of practice, nearly everyday. but once you are conditioned to it, you can practice less with the results you want.

be focused, have your goals and what you want to achieve ready before hand.

also after once you have done a session, especially if you have worked for past problems and such. you are going to feel like shit for the next few days. so stay away from negative people and situations and watch your internal language as much as you can.

also the mp3s in the 1st 3 links are tests scripts, but still seem pretty good anyways, somewhere to start

--------------------
suicide a permanent solution to a temporary problem

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #3318685 - 11/04/04 07:57 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I am a Certified Diplomate in Clinical Hypnotherapy (under the National Board of Certified Clinical Hypnotherapists - NBCCH - www.natboard.com), and I've been practicing since 1989. LeCron's book on 'Self-Hypnosis' illustrates The Chevreul Pendulum which is used for self-hypnosis quite effectively. With instruction, one knows when trance has occurred, at which time reading a simple intention can be programmed into the subconscious. Hypnosis is very effective as a brief form of psychotherapy, and revivification CAN result in individuals 'abreacting' and behaving 'as if' an original trauma is presently taking place, so one has to acquire skill in this 'art' (which I think of as 'Hip Gnosis'  :smile:)

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Edited by MarkostheGnostic (11/04/04 05:01 PM)

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Re: self-hypnosis?? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #3318694 - 11/04/04 08:10 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

ave markos!
~~~

the _mind games_ book (remember john lennon's song "playing those mind games together" ? it was about this book!) uses group-work guided-hypnoid trance states to explore the potential of our minds, including non-drug analogs of psychedelic states of cosciousness; cool stuff (& every few pages, at the end of each series of exercises, there's a sorta of starburst symbol with a big WAKE UP !!! notice, just in case reading the text silently to yourself happens to put you into a light trance state...)

--------------------
not old enough to care

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3319091 - 11/04/04 11:29 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Well I had some experience with this but when I was 12 years old.

I was a bed wetter until I was given a self hypnosis tape. I wasn't buying into it. I was a kid. Fuck that shit hypnisis tape......... yeah right

2 more weeks of waking up pissed and wet...............grrrrrrrr OK MOM ,tape goes into deck.

Heyyyyy cool. This tape had me relax and talked me inot a sunny beach and stuff. Went thru all the limbs and man I really took it very serious. The plan was to have a bell ring in my head when I was sleeping to wake my ass up to go piss. After about a week of listening and doing the hypnosis tape. I was cured. Fully cured.

I have since then used it 2 other times for other reasons.

Self Hypnosis only works as serious as you take it. But in my experience it works great.

I think ..........I may regreat admiting I was a bed wetter. :nut:

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#3320343 - 11/04/04 04:59 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

gnrm23 -
Dude!...Yer not gonna believe this, but once upon a time I took a 3 day workshop with Jean Houston at Caldwell College in NJ. She signed 'Mind Games' for me with the inscription: "To Mark - a Magister Ludi if ever there was one," which I was bowled over by! But that's not all. It has a promotional statement on the front cover by John Lennon AND.....I bought the book at the workshop on October 9th, 1978 - October 9th was Lennon's birthday!!!

--------------------

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Re: self-hypnosis?? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #3323278 - 11/05/04 07:16 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

totally cool...

coincidence control workin' overtime, heh...

--------------------
not old enough to care

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

#3323284 - 11/05/04 07:25 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

"The Great God Cosmo" -Ken Kesey

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Laura Huxley

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology