Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHoratioSanz
Stranger
Loc: New Jersey, USA
Amanita Muscarias???
    #872515 - 09/09/02 12:55 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Hey, I've done a lot of research, and I've found out that I can't find any shrooms here in South Jersey with any significant amounts of psilocybin in them, so I was wondering, could I find Fly Agarics here??? Thanks in advance!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinezandorf
OTD residentvirginwizard-abstinenceain'teasy

Re: Amanita Muscarias??? [Re: HoratioSanz]
    #872529 - 09/09/02 01:00 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

it's not all that likely. but you can actually order them voer the net they're legal. anyhow..i think you'd be disapointed with the high. have you checked out any experience reports on erowid yet? you may want to first decide if you actually want to eat these things... if you do want to find them the most likely spots are in landscaping with pine trees and such. sometimes the spores are carried across country in the supplies for landscaping stuff and the mushrooms will grow in the eastern u.s.

--------------------
We live in a world where lemonade is made with artificial flavours and furniture polish is made with all natural lemon.

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #872804 - 09/09/02 03:13 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

How about searching the forums? Someone made a post about Jersy about a month ago, same exact question.

OfflineT0aD
Stranger

#873329 - 09/09/02 08:24 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

dont look after those shrooms, they are extremely beautiful but do poison

--------------------
Cuba Libre

Offlinedrow
Shroom lover
Male

Loc: Olympia, WA
Re: Amanita Muscarias??? [Re: T0aD]
    #873380 - 09/09/02 09:13 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Maybe you'll have better luck in South Jersey, but i never found a damn thing in Northern NJ. Amanitas are very sensitive to pollution, but you might get lucky. Contact one of the mushroom clubs in NJ and see what they say.
As for the trip on Amanitas, I had the most incredible visuals in my life off of amanita pantherina. And had decent buzz off of Amanita Gemmatta (spl). And I never had a bad trip or gotten sick. Does Amanita Muscaria contain toxins panthers and gem caps don't have ?? More research for you to do.....

--------------------
"It is a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart"

InvisibleCptnMaxMushroom
enviromentaladvocate
Re: Amanita Muscarias??? [Re: drow]
    #874540 - 09/10/02 10:32 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Amanita's are mycorrhizial, you won't find them in transplanted wood chips. They do grow in E. north america naturally.
A. gemmata is almost identical to a panther but lacks the strong chemical content.

People I know who have tried it were satisfied with the lone experience.

As far as I know, pantehrs and muscaria contain the same.

--------------------
Visit the SporeLab....
http://www.sporelab.com
A trip you'll never forget!

Offlinedogkisser
E victim

Re: Amanita Muscarias??? [Re: T0aD]
    #874646 - 09/10/02 11:22 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Toad man, god, why doesn`t everybody get that drugs are poisons. Alcohol is a fuckin poison which kills more people each year then any other drug.  :frown:
Cigs are crammed full with poison.  :frown:
Amanita can be fatal if a person is hyper sensitive to the chems or takes too much, otherwise they are harmless and i enjoy the fly-agaric trip very much, it is a totally unique and wonderful trip.  :smile: 

--------------------
Once the doors of perception have been unlocked, Never again can they be locked, Only restricted..if one knows how...
http://www.angelfire.com/clone/hallucinogen/index.html

Drugs - Life

OfflineMycoFunGuy
the stranger
    #879998 - 09/12/02 06:05 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

If you were to find an A. muscaria you might want to try it, but it's not worth searching for. They grow all over at certain elevations in Colorado. They are certainly one of the more interesting looking mushrooms, but the active ingredient is muscimol (when dried) ibotenic acid (when fresh). Muscimol is 5-10 times more psychoactive than ibotenic acid and eating a lot of these could potentially kill you, but you would have to chow down on like 10 dried ones. One cap is enough to feel it. The east coast has those white Amanita virosa, where eating just one of those would kill you (without treatment), so be careful. Honestly, it's a let-down if you're expecting anything like psilocin.  By the way, muscimol remains active in the urine,  they used to drink their urine to 'do it again'! Sick, huh? :crazy: 

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate