Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Symbols of Unconditional Love?
    #7955998 -

Does anyone know of any ancient/religeous/spiritual symbols of unconditional love?

Ive googled and not found much!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Symbols of Unconditional Love? [Re: Chronic7]
    #7957894 -

the only one i can think of is the display of unconditional love itself.

no other symbol will get more authentic than that.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Symbols of Unconditional Love? [Re: AlteredAgain]
    #7957996 -

I wonder if tattoos are used for that in any cultures.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Symbols of Unconditional Love? [Re: jjr]
    #7958007 -



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Symbols of Unconditional Love? [Re: Chronic7]
    #7958148 -

I never thought about it before.
But now that I have I have to say that I am bothered by the fact that in the thousands of years of world culture, we have not produced one.
Now, of course it is likely, that in the Sinitic language family there is a symbol that expresses that idea. But that is a morpheme, just another way of writing it. I don't think it really qualifies as a true symbol in the way your thinking.


--------------------
Principles of acceptance
* People do not progress by being questioned, they progress by questioning themselves.

* When ready for the answer, people will come to the question of themselves.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Symbols of Unconditional Love? [Re: Chronic7]
    #7959405 -

I wish I did now.. Tell me if you find one? :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Symbols of Unconditional Love? [Re: Chronic7]
    #7959421 -

The Female Buddha, Tara; Goddess of Compassion; born from a teardrop which Gautama Buddha let fall to the Earth after his Enlightenment


--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Symbols of Unconditional Love? *DELETED* [Re: Lion]
    #7959568 -

Post deleted by Chronic7

Reason for deletion: d


--------------------

Edited by Chronic7 (01/31/08 09:41 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Symbols of Unconditional Love? *DELETED* [Re: Chronic7]
    #7959626 -

Post deleted by soulcircus

Reason for deletion: .


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Symbols of Unconditional Love? *DELETED* [Re: soulcircus]
    #7959631 -

Post deleted by soulcircus

Reason for deletion: .


Edited by soulcircus (01/31/08 10:15 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Symbols of Unconditional Love? [Re: soulcircus]
    #7990046 -

Yeah soulcircus is right OM is universal, and is a great way to express "one-ness" with all things. Which is in a way what your looking for. On a side note, I would tattoo it on your Anahata, or heart-center Chakra. I have seen it a few times on the arm. Although people would see it more on your arm I guess.
I was thining about this thread for a few days, and sadly the swastica came to mind (Hindu svastica). It was a symbol of love and peace and is ubiquitous throughout most of the worlds cultures. Most specifically in the hindu, urdu, buddhist and the religions of the middle east, but is also present in most of the worlds cultures throughout the globe. It represents the "ground of being" essentially, which is considered to be us all uniformly. I think it's sad it has now been completely sullied.
That probably doesnt help, I know your not going to consider a swastica. It was just something I thought about. Because it probably is the most universally used and recognised symbol on the planet, even before Nazi Germany.


--------------------
Principles of acceptance
* People do not progress by being questioned, they progress by questioning themselves.

* When ready for the answer, people will come to the question of themselves.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Symbols of Unconditional Love? [Re: Chronic7]
    #7991072 -




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Symbols of Unconditional Love? *DELETED* [Re: deranger]
    #7991116 -

Post deleted by Chronic7

Reason for deletion: d


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Symbols of Unconditional Love? [Re: Chronic7]
    #7991136 -

i have heard the peace sign symbolizes harmony. i've always thought of inner peace as unconditional love. and i guess for me, the peace sign is my way of symbolizing this. to each their own right?

peace.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Symbols of Unconditional Love? [Re: deranger]
    #7992500 -

true, if a symbol means somehting to YOU, who is someone else to cast doubt upon its meaning.


good point!

wikipedia sucks


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Symbols of Unconditional Love? [Re: Chronic7]
    #7992728 -

Signs and symbols have many meanings in accordance to different cultures and time periods....

I couldn't find anything specific to "unconditional love", so you can just make one....
Draw a heart, and then draw a side-ways 8 over the top of it....   
Two signs (not symbols) are better than one....!   


Just stay away from Sweden....!   
In Sweden, the heart sign is strongly associated with a person's ass and defecation....    :eek:
It is used to denote a toilet for both sexes.... 


>^;;^<


--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Symbols of Unconditional Love? [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #7993616 -

Yeah I agree with Phantomcat, I think that would be the most genuine way to express it really. Because even if a symbol could reflect the true relation of absolute love. It wouldn't do so for everyone, some might actually see it another way. Like the twisting of the svasticas meaning, or his swedish heart being an asshole thing. I think you should come up with your own. Share it for sure if you do;)


--------------------
Principles of acceptance
* People do not progress by being questioned, they progress by questioning themselves.

* When ready for the answer, people will come to the question of themselves.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Symbols of Unconditional Love? *DELETED* [Re: Fugai]
    #7995228 -

Post deleted by Chronic7

Reason for deletion: d


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Symbols of Unconditional Love? [Re: Chronic7]
    #7997504 -

Ah, that made me laugh, cheers


--------------------
Principles of acceptance
* People do not progress by being questioned, they progress by questioning themselves.

* When ready for the answer, people will come to the question of themselves.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Symbols of Unconditional Love? [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #7998987 -

PhanTomCat said:
Just stay away from Sweden....!   
In Sweden, the heart sign is strongly associated with a person's ass and defecation....    :eek:
It is used to denote a toilet for both sexes....



While heart symbol is indeed used to denote toilets in northern europe (and not only), this meaning of it in no way does interfere with the traditional meaning of love. There is NO reason to stay away from Sweden, or to worry that a heart on your t-shirt or whatever could be misunderstood.


--------------------
Every Animal Is Someone 🌱 watchdominion.org

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* god and its lack of unconditional love (forgive and judge) kaiowas 2,793 19 04/27/04 05:55 PM
by xebek
* Do u Believe, in an unconditional loving God ?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
lucid 11,396 74 09/25/03 05:08 PM
by ska8ball
* unconditional love kaiowas 1,076 13 03/26/04 02:43 PM
by kaiowas
* Why do you believe in "true love" ?
( 1 2 3 all )
DoctorJ 5,417 40 07/29/16 08:43 AM
by Into The Woods
* feel the love
( 1 2 all )
kaiowas 3,391 36 08/02/04 06:34 PM
by castaway
* Love and Life Cherk 720 6 09/25/03 04:01 PM
by Cherk
* why should we love God? (if He exists)
( 1 2 all )
chodamunky 5,260 36 07/09/02 05:27 PM
by greypoe
* Post deleted by Papaver
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Anonymous 5,984 79 08/02/04 10:27 PM
by tnecseda

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
8,209 topic views. 0 members, 5 guests and 10 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 18 queries.