Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
rye grain explosion
    #799643 -

I used to use syringe tech to innoculate, since then, I have switched to innoculating with grain spawn(rye grain). Upon innoculation, the jars take off at a fast pace, but upon shaking the jars, they stall. I think shaking the jars too hard may cause the individual grain kernels to explode, causing a rise in moisture, which in turn slows down growth. Has anyone had similar experiences? If so, do you shake the jars less often or not as hard, or am I the only one with this problem?
thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rye grain explosion [Re: crzytxn]
    #799649 -

If the jars are growing out quickly, why bother shaking them at all?
Let them grow out, shake before transferring, wait 24 hours then spawn...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rye grain explosion [Re: crzytxn]
    #799651 -

I have not noticed this. I usually shake as soon as I notice good growth, and then every four days or so (after the mycellium has recovered and resumed growth.)


--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rye grain explosion [Re: crzytxn]
    #799657 -

Deleted by admin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: rye grain explosion [Re: crzytxn]
    #799697 -

I guess I should add to my post. Here's a great grain tek that you should follow. Try this: Grain for Simple Minds.


--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Awesome rye grain h2o2 tek dimitri211 12,471 1 08/17/01 08:28 PM
by jonnyshaggs420
* The ease of rye grain. Anonymous 15,408 19 06/03/16 03:10 PM
by Disco Shiny
* Rye Grain Kernel Explosion pictures,is this right? DaxMiddler 4,655 10 07/18/02 06:29 AM
by bluefoot
* rye grain problem robinhood2 3,340 14 08/31/02 09:22 AM
by indkebr
* Popcorn vs. Rye grain. Experence W/popcorn feedback.
( 1 2 3 4 all )
splifferd 18,697 60 11/08/09 05:26 PM
by eatyualive
* Can I use rye grains to start honey h20? LucidDayDream 1,053 4 03/09/02 01:51 PM
by BeppoMarx
* Has anyone here had success casing rye grain? EPerson100 34,753 13 02/11/17 06:47 PM
by CubeSteakPoo
* ;
( 1 2 all )
TheHateCamel 2,249 25 06/26/04 11:48 AM
by doc34

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
2,144 topic views. 14 members, 144 guests and 134 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.