Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Can I use rye grains to start honey h20?
    #573689 -

Same as subject. Can do I this? I PCed a pint jar with a polyfill plug.
Please help me
THanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can I use rye grains to start honey h20? [Re: LucidDayDream]
    #573825 -

If you are talking about taking one or two colonized rye grains and putting it in honey water, yes, this will work as long as your grain is sterile and you transfer it without introducing new contams.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can I use rye grains to start honey h20? [Re: Azure]
    #574205 -

Can I put more than a few rye grains?
thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can I use rye grains to start honey h20? [Re: LucidDayDream]
    #574254 -

The more actual grain you put in your liquid culture... the more you risk endospores from the grain contaminating the culture. A more "posibly" successful method, would be to only introduce some of the mycelium from your grain jar. Very little is needed.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Can I use rye grains to start honey h20? [Re: LucidDayDream]
    #574259 -

i would at least put 4 kernels in there from opposite sides of the jar to ensure at least 2 matable strains. probably not going to be a problem but either way after the grain is PCed im pretty sure there are no endospores left alive.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Has anyone here had success casing rye grain? EPerson100 34,755 13 02/11/17 06:47 PM
by CubeSteakPoo
* Awesome rye grain h2o2 tek dimitri211 12,473 1 08/17/01 08:28 PM
by jonnyshaggs420
* I need help colonizing my jars of rye grain EPerson100 4,627 4 09/24/01 06:12 AM
by MAIA
* Rye Grain or Birdseed DaxMiddler 1,901 4 07/03/02 10:19 AM
by twisted
* Water content in Rye Grain shroomeater 1,826 6 02/09/03 11:06 PM
by fugu
* Rye Grain As Bulk Substrate thug 15,472 3 08/30/01 12:00 AM
by Anno
* rye grain EvilGir 1,466 13 08/30/02 09:13 AM
by captiveball
* The ease of rye grain. Anonymous 15,412 19 06/03/16 03:10 PM
by Disco Shiny

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,053 topic views. 12 members, 218 guests and 227 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.021 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.