Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleboxtop703
ThesaurusLinguae Graecae
 User Gallery

POLL - Vendor Syringes
    #784163 - 07/29/02 12:39 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by administrator.

Votes accepted from (12/31/69 05:00 PM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKilla420
Alien Lover
Male User Gallery
Loc: Down South
Re: POLL - Vendor Syringes [Re: boxtop703]
    #784760 - 07/29/02 05:12 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I like dark syringes better. I have never bought one from a vendor though. I make my own. Although light spore syringes are just as good, I like the dark ones b/c when I squirted the solution into my 4 holes in the lid, in 3 days there was wayyy more growth than I have got with regular syringes. When I use regular ones, I get penny sized growth by day 3, but with the dark ones its always a whole lot bigger. I dont know about the myclieum being different though, but I just rather faster growth.

OfflineSnrYetski
Stranger
    #784771 - 07/29/02 05:17 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

My decision isn't based on rather or not the syringe is dark, but rather on the actuall vendor. Longevity rep and known quality.)

Invisibleboxtop703
ThesaurusLinguae Graecae
 User Gallery

Re: POLL - Vendor Syringes [Re: SnrYetski]
    #784819 - 07/29/02 05:35 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Anonymous

#784847 - 07/29/02 05:51 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

i like em dark so i can dillute them and make 2 or three

Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
    #784886 - 07/29/02 06:06 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Looks like thus far I'm the only proponent of light syringes. I feel like I'm wasting too many spores using dark syringes. If I get a dark syringe from a vendor I usually just dilute them down anyhow. Even the syringes I make myself are light. I get just as good growth either way so why waste the spores?

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

Offlinehumplok4201
shroomgod! ye yo
Re: POLL - Vendor Syringes [Re: jonnyshaggs420]
    #785013 - 07/29/02 07:01 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

those dont look very dark at all , well mabye because i use a whole print, useally it looks like dark purple koolaid sryinge, colonizes very fast !

I might need a few though , ill make a order tonight

later

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
    #785226 - 07/29/02 08:28 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

It's not about the size or darkness of a syringe, but how you use it.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

Offlinepleezr
fuct

Loc: NW
    #785361 - 07/29/02 10:39 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

In reply to:

I always suggest people do a search for customer feedback before choosing their vendor.

You have a point here. If they were to do just that, I believe they will find your costumers are very happy. As of now, your poll shows they do want a dark syringe. A dark syringe is more appealing to the eye, so it would influence clientel, but that is its only real advantage(and yours ) IMO. I have found Mycofiles opinion about strong growth to be fact IME.

--------------------
pleezr

"Tell me about the fucking golf shoes!!"

OfflineKingBolete
enthusiast

Loc: Gulf Coast
Re: POLL - Vendor Syringes [Re: Joshua]
    #785645 - 07/30/02 05:22 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Hey there,

What are we talking about here...!?!

Best regards,

KingBolete

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

#785714 - 07/30/02 06:26 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

trust me darkness matters.
If i get a clear syringe from someone I am dissapointed even though i kow it is still filled with thousands of spores.Dark syringes are more friendly to the eye and on a consumer basis are generally more pleasing although you can stretch your spores farther if you make less densely sporulated syringes...

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #785772 - 07/30/02 06:55 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

The polls a good idea, I voted for light...assuming they are quality light syringes.

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: boxtop703]
    #786351 - 07/30/02 12:11 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Re: POLL - Vendor Syringes [Re: dog]
    #787838 - 07/31/02 07:18 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

hey boxtop, how about adding in a discussion as to the benefits/detriments of light vs. darks syringes to the top post. Many people may vote assuming that the dark syringe myth is true.

--------------------

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Invisibleboxtop703
ThesaurusLinguae Graecae
 User Gallery

Re: POLL - Vendor Syringes [Re: mycofile]
    #787884 - 07/31/02 07:44 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Edited by boxtop703 (07/31/02 10:19 AM)

Anonymous

#787966 - 07/31/02 08:36 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I registered just so I could put my 2 cents in here. I've been making my own syringes for two years. I don't buy from vendors, I don't have too. I first started making syringes that turned out fairly light. Sometimes they would germiate fast and sometimes not at all. After I grew out my first couple flushes. I then had enough prints to make the syringes the way I like them, DARK! Since I switched to dark syinges not only is my colonizing time reduced by 35 or 40% but my pinsets have been more numerous. A lot more numerous. I'll never go back to light syringes again.

Offlinecdlove69
enthusiast
Loc: Never Never Lan
Re: POLL - Vendor Syringes [Re: ]
    #788623 - 07/31/02 02:16 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

right on hector....

I think the tomentose and rhizo stuff that these people claim are sort of a "myth" and really have no proof (maybe I'm wrong though).

I too have seen dark syringes, where the water is purple and loaded with spore clumps, colonize extremly fast on PF Jars (~24 hours for noticing, 6-9 days 100% colonized). Also, I have seen these PF cakes give off awesome pinsets (but most aborted due to bad air exchange I think). So I think the tomentose and rhizo stuff stuff is wrong...

Anywaysm, I think that dark/light syringes should be left to be consumer. They should have a freedom of choice... isn't that what America's all about... Boxtop's just using marketing strategy, meeting the demands of the economy. Other vendors shouldn't stop what he is doing because they think the so called "detriments to the cultivators" or because they are afraid to lose business if they don't do what boxtop does. If your worried about him 'using to many spore prints" well that's his decision, and maybe you can profit on your own with your decisions. It's not like boxtop is monopolizing the spore market, he's just using marketing strategy. People who like it will get his stuff, and others who don't wont...

So, I think everyone should get off of boxtops back just because he's meeting the economic wants and needs doesn't mean that he should be flamed or punished...

Plus, spore's are suppose to be only used for microscopic studies so the more spore in the syringe the more you'll see under a microscope. Growing's illegal remember! So it wouldn't matter if he's selling dark syringes anyways.... Dark syringes = better able to spot spores on a microscope

I am drunk now so everything I said can't be used against me because I don't know what I'm saying you stupid popo

--------------------
Hi Mr. Po-Po... I'm drunk!!!

The Little Guy! <-- Best Syringes I've recieved!
The Hawks Eye <-- Best prints I've recieved!
The Sporeworks <-- Awesome service

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

#788633 - 07/31/02 02:23 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Fine boxtop. Evidently I've struck a nerve somehow. I figured that discussion of quality in one of the few neccessary products of our craft belonged in a forum dedicated to those that provide such a product.

But this thread isn't about which is better, it's about how many people believe the myth, and if that can justify marketing and perpetuating such a myth. The poll is phrased to imply that the only issue is whether you should waste spores or not, and obviously most people don't care if you waste spores or not, especially if they still believe the myth.

This is not the proper forum according to you. According to the mods, it's not that this is the wrong forum, only they don't want to deal with the issue.

So, this will be the last of my inconveniencing the mods on this issue. And this post does belong in this forum, in fact this very thread. I originally thought that informed discussion could take place on the quality of products. Now I see that you are only interested in gimmicks to sell products, using the unknowing public and free market rhetoric to justify it.

BTW, I personally used plenty of 3m syringes, and they were no better than other quality syringes. As I'm sure your dark syringes are no better than any other reputable vendors. That is very on topic.
Dark syringes = Marketing Hype reminiscent of PF's old strain superiority propaghanda.
This poll = attempt to justify such hype

--------------------

Invisibleboxtop703
ThesaurusLinguae Graecae
 User Gallery

Re: POLL - Vendor Syringes [Re: cdlove69]
    #788867 - 07/31/02 04:29 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Invisibleboxtop703
ThesaurusLinguae Graecae
 User Gallery

#788957 - 07/31/02 05:03 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom