Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, 10cc Syringe, Brown Rice Flour, Grow Light, Mycobags, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineguber420
Monk
Loc: The Shire
Soul Food Machine?
    #779108 - 07/26/02 09:12 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I was just wondering if yall thought that this Soul Food Machine thing would be good for a newB like myself to get started with. And if not, should i try using PF tek's cake method to get the hang of things first?

P.S. I've never grown before,
and I already purchased the Soul Food Machine.

Thanx in advance

--------------------
"Knowing is not Enough; we must apply
Willing is not Enough; we must do"

-Bruce Lee-

Edited by guber420 (07/26/02 09:27 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineKilla_J
Killa

Loc: over here
Re: Soul Food Machine? [Re: guber420]
    #779220 - 07/26/02 10:18 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Well, if you bought it, you might as well try it out. Since it isn't like a cake method, you probably wouldn't learn too much from PF (not that I'm knocking PF, I just never really liked the results). The only benefits I can see you getting from trying PF is working on your sterile technique (which is to blame for nearly all failures, in my experience) and identifying contams. If you are shelling out the cash for the SFM, you might as well build yourself a glovebox or flowhood, which will cut down on contamination. Anyway, I wish you luck.

--------------------
I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. - Frank Sinatra

Invisiblematts
matts

[Re: Killa_J]
    #779302 - 07/26/02 11:05 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Offlinebugabuga420
bUgAbUgaBOO

Re: Soul Food Machine? [Re: matts]
    #779516 - 07/27/02 05:16 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

OMG they just made some serious bank of you. But dont feel to bad it looks fine (but serious try to cancel order if you can)

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: guber420]
    #779587 - 07/27/02 06:53 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

Offlineguber420
Monk
Loc: The Shire
Re: Soul Food Machine? [Re: dog]
    #779851 - 07/27/02 10:22 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

So do yall think that it would be possible to grow 3-5 pounds (wet weight of course)? or is this a bunch of false advertising?

--------------------
"Knowing is not Enough; we must apply
Willing is not Enough; we must do"

-Bruce Lee-

Offlinearchibald
no stranger thanyou
    #779887 - 07/27/02 10:46 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Mushroom Magic is a bunk operation. I too fell for their 3-5 pound yeild yarn and did not like the denouement one bit. I got nothing from the sfm but a headache (only to resort to pf cakes anyway and have to be those supplies on top of the 200 bucks to mm and to use the sfm as a terrerium!).

If you are going to go through with it, I do have some constructive criticism:
1) be as sterilize as one can be- since it is sorta a bulk substrate idea (you've got all your eggs in one basket by sticking everything in that lizard cage) a little contamination can spell big trouble. It takes some time to set-up the sfm, so set-up an area that you can mantain a high level of sterility for at least 1 day. And follow the directions for sterilizing substrate perfectly! (also let those bags cool for good bit of time, like 1 day, the outside cools but the inside of those ovens bags takes a long time if they are sealed as they should be in this case. I think the heat in my bags killed many of my spores).
1.a) Leave it alone! I think where I went really wrong was messing with it trying to get everything just so (particularly temp., which, by the way, was very difficult since it was december!). As long as you don't introduce contaminants, it should eventually work for you.

2) As for that eventually (see 1.a)), use a mycelium culture if you can, if you use one 10cc syringe like they say you can, it will take one hell of a long time to colonize 2 gallons of substrate. If you can't, follow sterile procedures and inoculate with at least several syringes (you don't want to upset the water balance too much, but the perilte should control that pretty well)

3) Seal it up and let it go! Clean that shipping box, stick in it, and stick the box in a clean, warm area.

Do be watchful of contaminants, but don't cause more problems by the way you do with them. Be cool, follow the directions, and hope for the best (expect that things may not go the best your first time.)
Don't expect MM to be helpful, they weren'y for me. And they sent myt he wrong parts for the air exchange system

I wish you the best of luck, hopefully you will get that 3-5 pounds. If want some more advice from a sfm victim, don't hesitate to ask.

Anonymous

Post deleted by Administrator [Re: matts]
    #779939 - 07/27/02 11:17 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

OfflineDinoMyc
Ipsa scientiapotestas est
Re: Soul Food Machine? [Re: Anonymous]
    #779959 - 07/27/02 11:27 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

"*doesn't promote their products in a way that implies their being used for anything other than legal purposes. "
"you could produce ounces of shrooms every month for many years to come at a cost of about $5 per month."

Am I the only one who finds this contradictory?? You promote your product by saying how it can produce shrooms cheaply, yet state that no one should purchase from a supplier who promotes their product for illegal purposes... bah! the hypocrisy of it all..

--------------------
If I made affront, I apologize.
If I made affirmation, I apologize.
I merely came to listen, came to say.

Anonymous

Post deleted by Administrator [Re: DinoMyc]
    #779995 - 07/27/02 11:52 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Offlinebugabuga420
bUgAbUgaBOO

Re: Soul Food Machine? [Re: DinoMyc]
    #780003 - 07/27/02 11:57 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

dinomyc you might have illegal intentions on your mind but im sure mycotek along with me will only be growing legal edible mushrooms

OfflineDinoMyc
    #781517 - 07/28/02 08:23 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I grow reishi and blazei.. I am not that ignorant to think there are no other mushrooms out there with value, be it medicinal or monitary.
you specifically used the word 'shrooms', which usually means, especially on this site, psilocybian mushrooms. Not to mention you have posted pictures of exactly the activities you are now against!..
I do not disagree with the general idea your putting forth, I disagree with the execution and the attitude you have taken.

"troll." Isn't that quaint.

and, yes I DO suffer from my own disillusionment.. :P
(check a dictionary if you don't understand)

--------------------

Anonymous

Post deleted by Administrator [Re: DinoMyc]
    #781749 - 07/28/02 11:14 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Offlinebugabuga420
bUgAbUgaBOO

#781786 - 07/28/02 11:40 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

i think it would be best not to accuse any one or bring up past instances of pictures of what could or could not of been illegal mushrooms. and there im sure those pictures posted by mycotek where pcitures he found on the internet and posted them here for educational purposes. so that all of us using these spores for microscopy purposes can view picutes of the mature form of the species.

Edited by bugabuga420 (07/28/02 11:41 AM)

OfflineMr_Puke
Suicidal Failure

Re: Soul Food Machine? [Re: bugabuga420]
    #781859 - 07/28/02 12:23 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

i bet this "We tested this advanced system for results (3-5 lbs.) and ease of use" is what drew you in...

OfflineDinoMyc
    #781913 - 07/28/02 12:53 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I think you missed my point entirely.
I will leave it be for now, as continued discourse appears to be fruitless evermore.

Trahimur omnes laudis studio

--------------------

Invisiblematts
matts

[Re: DinoMyc]
    #782047 - 07/28/02 01:38 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Edited by matts (07/28/02 01:40 PM)

Offlinepimpadelic
enthusiast
Loc: Chattanooga, TN
    #787736 - 07/31/02 08:05 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

soul food machines are overpriced pieces of shit. You would save alot of money and heartache if you ordered some mycobags. there probably the easiest ways to grow mushrooms.

Anonymous

Re: Soul Food Machine? [Re: pimpadelic]
    #787801 - 07/31/02 08:58 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I too fell for the trick....what i received? a wasted month and a wasted syringe, and a $170 dollar plastic terrarium to put my PF Tek cakes in...i read what people said on here, but i thought if i was careful i could do it...green mold everywhere. if it doesn't tip you off that the "magic blackout curtain" is a plastic garbage bag, or that the "magic digital thermometer" is a cheap plastic thermometer strip, or that the "magic sterilant" is a $2 bottle of H202...let it be the fact that there refund is only good for 30 days and only if you DON'T use the kit. if i were you, i would send it back now and do the PFTEK. i mean, sure, the terrarium is pretty good for a grow chamber, but for $170, the thing should be churning out sheets of LSD at the push of a button too. send the thing back and by 24 1/2 pint jars, some brf, vermiculite, and a couple of rubbermaid tubs.....you'll get twice the amount the SFM promises to deliver....you do the SFM, you will get paranoid trying to find a place to dump the contamination....if you do use it....don't use the grow light for incubation....let it sit at room temp..

Offlinecantankerous
boogieman

Loc: hidden in your terrarium
    #787818 - 07/31/02 09:09 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

bottom line....get your own supplies and save$ and produce as many mushrooms or shrooms or contams as you like for $5 a month or LESS. IMHO spending more than $60 on a setup is a waste.

--------------------
peace,
beatle

"Friday is my high day"

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, 10cc Syringe, Brown Rice Flour, Grow Light, Mycobags, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation