Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
The problem with plastic bags.
    #1906580 -

dooo

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The problem with plastic bags. [Re: CrabbyAss]
    #1906635 -

Quote:
It seems mycobags, ziplocks, and oven bags usually end up stalling, drying out, contaminating, and whatnot.




I am a huge fan of mycobags, and ever since I first tried them I have abondoned jars. Less hassle, more efficient use of pressure cooker space, faster colonisation: I love them.

Quote:
drying out




Mycobags are also very easy to dunk: simply fill with water and place in the fridge.

Quote:
first off, the substrate seems kind of loose. alot of air and gaps between grain kernels and such. Since there is no container to hold the substrate in place, it is subject to alot of movement. Everytime the bag is picked up, or even touched, the grain will move position which results in the mycelium network being torn apart. Upon constant josseling, the growth becomes stunted.




Whenever any substrate is cased, the mycelium network has to regrow after crumbling. I see no reason that this would "stunt" the network. The constant movement increases colonisation times. The air pockets aids mycelium growth, provided mycobags with air filters are used.

Quote:
Perhaps plastic bags would work nicely if they were innoculated than fit snugely into a showbox and into the incubator. I would like to hear peoples plastic bag success stories and opinions..





I have had great success with Mycobags, and very low contamination rates. If by ziplocks, you are reffereing to Eatualive's (I think) Lazy Mofo tek, then I agree, it is illadvised and far inferior to mycobags. I am greatly please with my cased Mycobag substrate.

:grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Another storage question...Silica Gel/Plastic Bag? greenlight 2,463 1 04/28/02 03:40 PM
by luvdemshrooms
* Fruiting in plastic bags ? scifi5001 2,205 1 11/16/02 10:32 AM
by cookdandbombd
* Myco Bags RECIPE (good substrate formulas!) Yummies 1,335 2 07/14/02 06:20 AM
by OregonBlues
* Oven bag in Oven?!?!?!?!?! wikedanjel 2,087 1 07/08/02 04:33 AM
by mycofile
* I put too much water in my substrate! Plz help simon303 2,489 11 08/27/02 06:32 PM
by mickey_rourke
* Gangly growth in Myco-bags socalshroomer 1,085 2 01/30/02 11:05 PM
by Workman
* Mycobag Colonization Prob Vegeta420 1,772 17 11/25/02 09:14 PM
by daussaulit
* Filter Patch bags VS. Canning jars for substrate
( 1 2 3 all )
Ryche HawkV 30,016 40 01/24/19 01:27 PM
by bodhisatta

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,546 topic views. 15 members, 254 guests and 149 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.021 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 14 queries.