Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Mycobags, Pressure Cooker

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineCrabbyAss
sharp shooter

The problem with plastic bags.
    #1906580 - 09/11/03 06:54 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

dooo

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleOJK
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: The problem with plastic bags. [Re: CrabbyAss]
    #1906635 - 09/11/03 07:11 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

It seems mycobags, ziplocks, and oven bags usually end up stalling, drying out, contaminating, and whatnot.

I am a huge fan of mycobags, and ever since I first tried them I have abondoned jars. Less hassle, more efficient use of pressure cooker space, faster colonisation: I love them.

Quote:

drying out

Mycobags are also very easy to dunk: simply fill with water and place in the fridge.

Quote:

first off, the substrate seems kind of loose. alot of air and gaps between grain kernels and such. Since there is no container to hold the substrate in place, it is subject to alot of movement. Everytime the bag is picked up, or even touched, the grain will move position which results in the mycelium network being torn apart. Upon constant josseling, the growth becomes stunted.

Whenever any substrate is cased, the mycelium network has to regrow after crumbling. I see no reason that this would "stunt" the network. The constant movement increases colonisation times. The air pockets aids mycelium growth, provided mycobags with air filters are used.

Quote:

Perhaps plastic bags would work nicely if they were innoculated than fit snugely into a showbox and into the incubator. I would like to hear peoples plastic bag success stories and opinions..

I have had great success with Mycobags, and very low contamination rates. If by ziplocks, you are reffereing to Eatualive's (I think) Lazy Mofo tek, then I agree, it is illadvised and far inferior to mycobags. I am greatly please with my cased Mycobag substrate.

:grin:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Mycobags, Pressure Cooker

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation