Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Subjectiveness.
    #7559076 -

It's natural alright. But sometimes posters here seem to believe that subjective means objective.


This is nutty thinking IMO. It's also arrogant IMO. It's the belief that their perspective is the correct one and that they are in a better place to know what is real than someone else.

You cannot be an honest poster here IMO if you can't acknowledge the fact that you might possibly be incorrect in your beliefs. I have little to no respect for the person who is convinced that they are correct in their beliefs without a doubt.

IMO it shows a lack of maturity and a lack of understanding of the human condition. It smacks of the superior attitude that man is above the rest of nature and is special in the eyes of creation. I see no real evidence of this.

It's a big no no.:crazy2:


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Subjectiveness. [Re: Icelander] * 1
    #7559518 -

Perhaps the best way i can describe what I am doing in terms you might be familiar with:

A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. But once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon.

I have abandoned myself to Jesus. After seeing clearly, I acted. I have taken everything into account and I'm not looking back. I cannot dismiss what I have heard and seen.

I understand what you are saying though. It's tough to be where you are at. If you are anything like I was it is going to take quite a bit to change your course.

As fluid as I thought I was, I did not want to take this course. I was broken and humbled and I would like to help anybody else who is navigating through some of the same territory.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Subjectiveness. [Re: palmersc]
    #7559588 -

You forget youngster that I began my journey in Christianity. The warriors path as taken me (gratefully and happily) far from begging for forgiveness for being a man.

As I have stated you can believe anything you want but don't come telling me your beliefs are real and mine are not. You believe subjectively in your truth and I in mine. I have an advantage in that mine is fluid and changeable and I roll with that chaos and can mature and grow in my beliefs and change them completely if needed. Your's is static and cannot change without you falling apart.

I will continue to pray for you.:monkeydance:


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Subjectiveness. [Re: Icelander]
    #7559606 -

Quote:
But sometimes posters here seem to believe that subjective means objective.




I just believe in bjectiveness.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Subjectiveness. [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #7563982 -

Subjectivity and Objectivity are like the quantum particle/wave duality "mechanic".


--------------------

"I'm looking at you looking at it"

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL PLEASE! www.youtube.com/apollyphelion



Creator of the World's Worst Comic Book

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Subjectiveness. [Re: Apollyphelion]
    #7564158 -

Well put, Apolly. To the person who loses their mind and goes insane, they are simply "insane" in concencus reality but in their reality, well... everything can be looked at completely different to the point where the word insanity is just a key to another dimension of reality.

For instance, to the insane person, this whole game of trying to keep people away from insanity could be part of a much larger idea.. in their own subjective world, the world already is insane and he is the only one in his mind and everyone is trying to prevent him from figuring it all out. It's all just a big game to the insane person.

And whose to say that there isn't a REALITY where a person loses their mind and actually figures out some kind of loophole in concencus reality where everyone in reality actually DOES do something so crazy as to admit to this one person that they are all playing a trick and then he wakes up as if from a nightmare. Or in another reality, the only reason why this forum exists is a way to direct reality in a certain direction.

Whoaaa.. fucking intense :bongload::crazy2:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Subjectiveness. [Re: EternalCowabunga]
    #7564239 -

EternalCowabunga said:
Or in another reality, the only reason why this forum exists is a way to direct reality in a certain direction.



That is a primary function of this forum in this reality. :wink:


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Subjectiveness. [Re: Icelander]
    #7564253 -

I have a real problem with people who are 100% sure of themselves(or act like it). Fundamentalism is not just a religious phenomenon. It can apply to any reality tunnel, and potentially be just as dangerous, IMO.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Subjectiveness. [Re: Silversoul]
    #7564270 -

Silversoul said:
I have a real problem with people who are 100% sure of themselves(or act like it). Fundamentalism is not just a religious phenomenon. It can apply to any reality tunnel, and potentially be just as dangerous, IMO.



agreed!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Subjectiveness. [Re: EternalCowabunga]
    #7567087 -

i am absolutely certain of very few things
frequently I forget what they are:
something about how thinking and memory is associative
whatever that means.

image--image--image--image...
----link-----link-----link...


--------------------
:brainfart: _ :finger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Subjectiveness. [Re: palmersc]
    #7567106 -

palmersc said:
I have taken everything into account...



You have, have you? :smirk:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Subjectiveness. [Re: Icelander]
    #7567904 -

I agree with you (with doubt).

I'm afraid that not believing in something may be detrimental to certain aspects of ones life.

I'm struggling with the belief that I have free will. I wish I could believe 100% that there is free will. I think that if I believed it (even if it wasn't true) that I would be able to evoke my will better and more often.

I also hold a belief that even though someone seems convinced of a certain belief there is always a bit of doubt somewhere...just probably unconscious.

Having said all that....do you doubt your belief that one with out doubt deserves little nor no respect?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Subjectiveness. [Re: TameMe]
    #7569029 -

Having said all that....do you doubt your belief that one with out doubt deserves little nor no respect?

My beliefs are subjective and I know it, and I said it.:tongue:


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Subjectiveness. [Re: Icelander]
    #7569129 -

it's just a manner of speaking,
in the thread on objectivity,
Icelander illustrated the deepest compassion for all beings.
the "respect" part is merely a convention to take up or discard at whim.


--------------------
:brainfart: _ :finger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Subjectiveness. [Re: redgreenvines]
    #7569134 -

true, actually it illustrates that I do care.


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Subjectiveness. [Re: Icelander]
    #7569437 -

yup
a big hearted mountain man
with a dog
and a hot girlfriend


--------------------
:brainfart: _ :finger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Subjectiveness. [Re: redgreenvines]
    #7569506 -

lol!


--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* can you prove the existence of absolute, objective morality?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
Anonymous 23,314 157 12/21/04 06:31 AM
by deafpanda
* objective and subjective states of mind Grav 2,395 5 03/18/03 11:21 AM
by Cherk
* Lengthened Subjective Time
( 1 2 all )
Sclorch 2,602 35 10/03/03 09:31 AM
by entiformatie
* Objective Quality....an inquiry into values...... PsyllyMe 1,043 13 08/19/04 10:58 AM
by BlueCoyote
* Subjectiveness ska8ball 1,404 8 04/03/03 03:07 PM
by shaggy101
* Are morals subjective?
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 6,357 35 04/24/03 05:58 AM
by MarkostheGnostic
* A dissertation on the aspects of subjectivity.
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 2,968 20 09/21/02 02:01 AM
by Anonymous
* Determinism & Objective/Subjective Morality TinTree 2,911 13 01/24/05 10:34 AM
by shroomydan

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
1,198 topic views. 1 members, 5 guests and 34 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.